Gluten free treats

CanadianDisneyDuo

Earning My Ears
We will be in the parks in November (counting down the days!! 😁) This is the first time I am going after being diagnosed celiac. It looks like there are great options for meals, but wondering if anyone knows if there are any treats that are safe to enjoy?

We will be in the parks in November (counting down the days!! 😁) This is the first time I am going after being diagnosed celiac. It looks like there are great options for meals, but wondering if anyone knows if there are any treats that are safe to enjoy?

Dole Whip, popcorn, frozen apple juice, pickle, slushie, ice cream, etc etc. There are tons.

I know that the popcorn is gluten free.
Dole Whip
certain ice cream flavors at Gibson Girl - tell them that you have celiac disease and are allergic to gluten and they'll scoop it in the back with a special scooper that is not shared with the non-celiac-friendly ice cream.
frozen lemonades
At the Jack Jack Cookie Num Nums stand on Pixar PIer, there's a gluten-free cookie that's prepackaged. It's lemon with a raspberry filling.

Plus, there's a big list of gluten-free foods at this website...
http://disney-eats.blogspot.com/p/disneyland-parks-gluten-free-list.html
We've gone to DL before with friends who eat gluten free because 1 of them has celiac disease. They had zero problems. Eating gluten free at the quick service locations was easy. Sometimes they just had to wait a little bit longer for their food to come out because for things like fries, they cook the fries in a special fryer that is ONLY used for fries (so no breaded products are in the cooking oil).

Most of the marshmallow wands. I love Tigger Tails. Macarons. I believe Jolly Holiday has a cookie, a brownie, and a blueberry muffin. There are GF Mickey waffles available at many of the breakfast places-- I know the Plaza Inn has them, and I think Carnation Cafe does. There's a Sprinkles cupcake place in DTD, and I believe they have a gf red velvet cupcake and a lemon blueberry one.

If you like or ever wanted to try the Monte Cristo sandwich, if you email a couple weeks in advance to Disney Special Diets, they can arrange to have a gluten free one ready to prep for you at Cafe Orleans, or at Blue Bayou for lunch. I've done both. DD21 had it when we were there on the 12th. It was good, but so rich! They do use a separate fryer.

My 3 daughters have celiac, and DH and I are both sensitive. We all have varying degrees of sensitivity. Some of us can get away with shared equipment or shared fryers with no ill effects (hello, pomme frites at Cafe Orleans!).

I know that the popcorn is gluten free.
Dole Whip
certain ice cream flavors at Gibson Girl - tell them that you have celiac disease and are allergic to gluten and they'll scoop it in the back with a special scooper that is not shared with the non-celiac-friendly ice cream.
frozen lemonades
At the Jack Jack Cookie Num Nums stand on Pixar PIer, there's a gluten-free cookie that's prepackaged. It's lemon with a raspberry filling.

Plus, there's a big list of gluten-free foods at this website...
http://disney-eats.blogspot.com/p/disneyland-parks-gluten-free-list.html
We've gone to DL before with friends who eat gluten free because 1 of them has celiac disease. They had zero problems. Eating gluten free at the quick service locations was easy. Sometimes they just had to wait a little bit longer for their food to come out because for things like fries, they cook the fries in a special fryer that is ONLY used for fries (so no breaded products are in the cooking oil).

Thanks so much!! I had no idea that they would scoop ice cream especially for allergies!! Yay!!!

I accidentally ordered a warmed gluten free chocolate chip cookie at Sprinkles in DTD, and it was delicious! I definitely wouldn’t have noticed the difference if I hadn’t eventually looked at the label.

I accidentally ordered a warmed gluten free chocolate chip cookie at Sprinkles in DTD, and it was delicious! I definitely wouldn’t have noticed the difference if I hadn’t eventually looked at the label.
Sprinkles also has a GF cupcake (Red Velvet?) and Salt & Straw has GF flavors of ice cream. S&S will use new scoopers and a new container of your chosen flavor if cross contamination is a serious concern -- just ask!

Here ya go:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/gluten-free-dining-at-the-disneyland-resort-a-superthread.3003289/
I recommend reading from the most recent backwards so you get the newest info first.

There are not a lot of 'fresh baked' treats that are GF in the 2 parks. Some have mentioned Tigger Tails and possibly the caramel apples. I was told that there is a high risk of cross-contamination as the pots they dip them in are also used to dip cookies and rice krispie treats (which are NOT GF). So try at your own risk. And don't be afraid to ASK about ingredients and prep methods.

As far as generally speaking, most eateries have an allergy menu that lists the GF meals available. It does take longer to prep them, so when we eat at counter/quick serve I always order first (I go with BFF and we pay separately) and she usually lets someone go between us so there isn't quite as much 'lag time' between our orders. When DH and I go they usually coordinate so we're served at the same time probably because our order is put in at the same time. At table service, this isn't a problem.

Another thing to remember is that if there's nothing on the allergy menu that appeals (I'm picky as well as Celiac) you'll have better luck at a table service. The chefs have a wider variety of fresh ingredients and will be more able to whip you up something 'off menu'. I once had an 'off menu' club sandwich that was to die for! At quick & counter serve, they're limited to the items on the menu.

I've NEVER been glutened at either DLR or WDW. My dining experiences have all been pretty great (except the dry, no sauce BBQ sammie at Flame Tree BBQ in AK) and there have been more than a few time where my meal was better than the 'regular' meals.

And FRENCH FRIES!! It's so hard to get GF FFs because of fryer contamination. You can't get them everywhere at DLR, but when I can I do!!

Good luck. You'll do fine. Disney is second to none when it comes to allergy dining. Do your due diligence and they'll do the rest!

I highly recommend the gluten free personal pizzas they have at Pizza Port in Disneyland and Boardwalk Pizza and pasta in DCA. My wife buys one every time we are at the park and they are much better than the regular pizza they sell. Ask for them at the counter. It usually take them around 10 minutes to make them.

The GF chocolate chip cookies at sprinkles in DTD are some of the best cookies I’ve ever had, GF or not.
Jolly holiday and I think Smokejumpers (in DCA) have prepackaged GF cookies and brownies. The cookie is good (but not as good as the sprinkles cookie) abut I keep forgetting to try the brownie.

I can’t think of what it’s called but the cookie stand next to the Incredicoaster has amazing gluten free cookies. Also, I ordered a gluten free monte cristo at either Cafe Orleans or Blue Bayou—I think I did it at Cafe Orleans. But I had to let them know with my reservation that I would be wanting it—I believe it was 30 days in advance but don’t quote me on that. And of course Dole Whip! I haven’t had any problems eating in DL or CA but if you want a Monte Cristo get a reservation and order it in advance. Also let them know the severity of your allergy.

I’m very excited to try the cookies and cupcake! My son and I will both be celebrating our birthdays, so nice that we can both have a treat!

I can’t think of what it’s called but the cookie stand next to the Incredicoaster has amazing gluten free cookies.

Just as a heads up, the IncrediCookie is listed as "Gluten-friendly Blackberry Jam-filled Cookie".

Because it is listed as gluten-friendly and not gluten-free, I would check the ingredient list if you are celiac and not just avoiding gluten for another reason. Always better to be safe than sorry. I have a strange food sensitivity, bell peppers, and I have had food that had red bell pepper listed in the spice mix. I always ask if something has bell peppers in it but rarely do people think about spice mixes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!