Gluten Free Items at F&W Booths - Cross Contamination?

LiteBrite

DIS Veteran
I understand that there are some items at some of the Food and Wine Festival booths that are gluten free, and marked as such on the menu boards, but I'm really nervous about cross contamination in such a small and busy prep/serving area. Anybody have insight for me on this problem?

It is a problem. When I spoke to them last time I was at Food and Wine, they said they could not guarantee that there would not be cross contamination. It is like you said, it is a small space with little prep room. Everything is done on the same handful of spots they have to work.

You may have to approach each booth individually, and question the CMs there about potential cross-contaminants.

But first,start with this page: Special Dietary Requests

There is an email address to contact the Special Diets team

It is a problem. When I spoke to them last time I was at Food and Wine, they said they could not guarantee that there would not be cross contamination. It is like you said, it is a small space with little prep room. Everything is done on the same handful of spots they have to work.

Thanks, this pretty much confirms what I already thought was true. I would love to try the booths, but I'm just not sure it's worth the risk.

You may have to approach each booth individually, and question the CMs there about potential cross-contaminants.

But first,start with this page: Special Dietary Requests

There is an email address to contact the Special Diets team

Honestly, the booths probably aren't important enough to me to go through Special Diets about it. I'm not nervous about dealing with restaurants, but I can easily skip the booths and that's probably what I'll do. Thanks so much for your input, though, and if I change my mind, I will contact them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!