Gluten free Florida.

millmom

Earning My Ears
Hi all
We are looking to visit in Summer, my daughter is Coeliac so just wondering about places to eat out and availability of gluten free in supermarkets.
We are wanting to see a little more of Florida and are flying into Miami, plan to stay a week on each coast and a week in Orlando. Recommendations for nice beach stays would be great, I would prefer a villa or apartment.
Thanks in advance

We were at WDW in October with DD who has Gluten and Dairy allergies. We found eating off site difficult but on site excellent. Declare your allergy when you check in and they give you a comprehensive allergens menu. You can also speak to a chef who tells you what you can or can't eat from the menu and will prepare a bespoke meal for you if you don't like the look of what's on offer. At QS venues there is a dedicated CM who is trained on the allergens in their particular menu and will again talk you through what can be offered. Best meal of the holiday for DD was the buffet at Fort Wilderness where Chef TJ prepared a multi course feast that was incredible. We were lucky to catch him (he is famous for his creations) as rumour has it he is being moved elsewhere (Beach Club has been mentioned) and is currently dividing his time between restaurants. Ale and Compass was also very good for her and I believe the gluten/dairy free Mickey waffles that she had made at CP and Cape May Cafe were also first class. Pecos Bill did an amazing burger for her as well.

Off site she was mostly offered salads, steamed veggies and sorbet. Boring to say the least!

Supermarkets had a much better range this time round than last and we were able to get gluten free cereals (Cheerios etc), bread and cookies easily at Walmart, Whole Foods etc.

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter