Gluten Free Disney

MaryRP

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Where are you favorite locations at each park to eat gluten free? What's your favorite GF item or meal?

Number one, hands down - the gluten-free fried chicken at 50s Prime Time!!! Fried chicken is one of the things I miss the most and I haven't found any other restaurant that does a gf version... I was in food heaven! (Some people say you need to contact the restaurant ahead of time to order this so they can heat up the gf fryers, but last time we were there our server told us that wasn't really necessary since they have the fryers going every day now that they have developed the allergen menus.) They also have gf s'mores for dessert.

My other favorites are Sanaa for the gf bread service and some of the potjie dishes, and Kona Cafe for the gf pineapple-macadamia nut pancakes.

I also had a really good experience at Flying Fish - the chef put together a really nice entree for me that was bits and pieces of several things on the menu.

Wow that's awesome! I've always found WDW to be very accommodating to my GF needs (hello mountains of GF Mickey waffles!) and am always anxious to hear more stories from others of their favorite GF spots! Thanks for sharing!

Disney tends to spoil you if you have food allergies or sensitivities. I've found they go above and beyond in most locations.

Some favorites were the buffet at Boma where you will have a lot of options (surprisingly most of their food is gluten free) and they will make you a special dessert plate if you'd like and can even give you gluten free zebra domes. The GF bread service at Sanaa is amazing. We also enjoyed our meals at San Angel Inn, The Mara (they spoiled us many times), Sci-Fi, 50s Prime Time, Columbia Harbour House, and more. Our meal at Be Our Guest was good but the servkce was a little rushed with a ruded undertone so not one of our favorites.

HS - Meatloaf at 50s Prime Time cafe.
AK - Chicken Tika Masala at Yak and Yeti (TS).
MK - Char Sui pork at Skipper's Canteen.
EP - GF chicken teriyaki at Katsura Grill, Japan.

Resorts:
AKL - Breakfast at Boma - bobotie, GF waffles, pancakes, donuts.
AKL - GF bread service at Sanaa.
POLY - Curry meatballs and rice at Capt Cook's.
POLY - Loco Moco at Kona Cafe.
POLY - The GF version of dinner at Ohanas - you can eat the smoked meats, but you get a whole appetizer plate all to yourself, and your own dessert.
BEACH CLUB - Beaches N Cream burgers on GF bun with GF fries.

Boma has a lot of amazing Gluten Free options ... the chefs there are wonderful and will walk you around to show you what is safe!

Disney tends to spoil you if you have food allergies or sensitivities. I've found they go above and beyond in most locations.

Some favorites were the buffet at Boma where you will have a lot of options (surprisingly most of their food is gluten free) and they will make you a special dessert plate if you'd like and can even give you gluten free zebra domes. The GF bread service at Sanaa is amazing. We also enjoyed our meals at San Angel Inn, The Mara (they spoiled us many times), Sci-Fi, 50s Prime Time, Columbia Harbour House, and more. Our meal at Be Our Guest was good but the servkce was a little rushed with a ruded undertone so not one of our favorites.

That's so great to know! Thank you so much! I've yet to eat at Boma or Sanaa, but I've heard both are amazing!

HS - Meatloaf at 50s Prime Time cafe.
AK - Chicken Tika Masala at Yak and Yeti (TS).
MK - Char Sui pork at Skipper's Canteen.
EP - GF chicken teriyaki at Katsura Grill, Japan.

Resorts:
AKL - Breakfast at Boma - bobotie, GF waffles, pancakes, donuts.
AKL - GF bread service at Sanaa.
POLY - Curry meatballs and rice at Capt Cook's.
POLY - Loco Moco at Kona Cafe.
POLY - The GF version of dinner at Ohanas - you can eat the smoked meats, but you get a whole appetizer plate all to yourself, and your own dessert.
BEACH CLUB - Beaches N Cream burgers on GF bun with GF fries.
Oh my goodness all of that sounds SO yummy! Thank you so much for the info!

Wow that's awesome! I've always found WDW to be very accommodating to my GF needs (hello mountains of GF Mickey waffles!) and am always anxious to hear more stories from others of their favorite GF spots! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for starting this thread, @MaryRP!
I have been wondering lately about GF goodies that we weren't aware of!
Our next trip isn't until 2018,
but dining is a big deal to plan, especially when dietary restrictions are involved!

We never knew about the GF bread Service @ Sanaa! That is def worth looking forward to!

AND we have always had to skip the Mickey waffles, so being able to ask for some @ Boma will be a real treat!
Now if they just had pure maple syrup...

Hi all! Where are you favorite locations at each park to eat gluten free? What's your favorite GF item or meal?
We've found that almost all of the table service locations have good gf options. The only exceptions I can think of are the some of the World Showcase restaurants, and dinner at Garden Grill (but breakfast there is great).

We've found counter service typically to be a pain for gf. It takes them forever to special cook gf meals.

We've found that almost all of the table service locations have good gf options. The only exceptions I can think of are the some of the World Showcase restaurants, and dinner at Garden Grill (but breakfast there is great).

I would tend to agree. Tokyo Dining was the most disappointing meal of the trip (chicken and vegetables with absolutely no seasoning). It's wasn't necessarily 'bad', just really boring, and I left sad.

I would tend to agree. Tokyo Dining was the most disappointing meal of the trip (chicken and vegetables with absolutely no seasoning). It's wasn't necessarily 'bad', just really boring, and I left sad.
That's what Garden Grill dinner was like for us. It was so expensive ($100+ for 2 people), and I was shocked to just be served these completely unseasoned servings of meat and vegetables. Every other WDW restaurant we'd been to before had been great at accommodating gf. The chef at GG was pretty dismissive, too...

But later when they started serving breakfast at Garden Grill we tried it (knowing it's hard to mess up bacon & Mickey waffles), and it was great. The character interaction has always been stellar there, too. It was just the gf dinner there that was bad.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter