Gluten free disney dinning

amyrose26

Earning My Ears
I'm leaving in less than 2 weeks for Disney world. My friend and I are going to be eating at the Hollywood Brown Derby, Le Chefs, Le Cellier, and San Angel INN. I have celiac disease (we noted this on our ADRs). I'm curious what is safe to eat at these places. I have read all about how accommodating Disney is for allergies. That makes me feel better but I'm still scared of cross contamination. All I need to know is how these places handle gfree,what's good to eat, how safe they are and reassurance that I will be just fine.

Do you have a smart phone? I highly recommend the paid version of the Gluten Free Disney Dining App if so. It has reviews, some of them very recent. I've tried to use it when making ADRs for our trip this upcoming April.

I've eaten at 3 of these. Here's my thoughts. We're free of a heck of a lot more than just gluten.

The chef at HBD was wonderful. I LOVED by gluten free crab cakes (yes, you read that right). My oldest and I both got the tenderloin and it was cooked to perfection and it cut like buttah. For mine, the only modification required was to leave off the butter and that's because I can't eat dairy. Hers was further modified due to preference. My youngest wasn't so fond of the menu so the chef ended up customizing a dish for her and cooked it beautifully. We had the F! package so we got appetizers but none looked interesting to her so he brought her a plate of really good bacon (not the typical Disney stuff) because that's one of her favourite foods. We quite enjoyed our food. My youngest's tastes have since expanded so I'm thinking of going back to get those crab cakes again. I'm sure she'll love the cobb salad next time.
review from August 2011: http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42517779&postcount=29

I'll never set food in Les Chefs de France again. While our food was safe, the server and chef both made us feel very put out and when they finally agreed to actually have a conversation with us about our food refused to do anything more than leave off sauces, breads, etc. Sorry, but a bunless burger with a side salad that consists of lettuce with a slice of tomato and little bit of carrot with no dressing is not a WDW meal and certainly not after having to argue to even get that done. Never again.

We've eaten at LeCellier several times and never regretted it. They're limited in their GF dessert options but from what I understand they do have a daily fresh fruit sorbet and it was delicious last time.
review from August 2012: http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46254898&postcount=10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter