Glowing Magic Bands?

Disneytam

disneytam
I might have missed it mentioned on here but what is it with glowing magic bands? My son just returned from Disney and his new magic band would start glowing at random times. Just the little disk not the whole band and his girlfriends never glowed. I told him I had never heard of such a thing so he took a photo of it and it was defiantly glowing. I know it was doing it while he was waiting in line at the Haunted Mansion as well as other places. Is this normal? Anybody else have this happen?

The magic band itself was glowing?

Or was the scan point glowing a different color?

There’s no magic bands that glow. Some glow in the dark, but they don’t just light up on their own. However there are special magic bands that make the touch points glow a different color and/or make a special noise

I have no idea how to post a photo on here. When my son gets home I will ask him if he knows how. It was one of the new magic bands with the disk in the center and was a red one. The picture showed the disk was definitely glowing a pretty bright red. This was just on his arm and not near any scanner. He thought it was strange enough that he took a photo of it while they were at the Haunted Mansion. This wasn't any special magic band just one that was sent the normal way. He said it glowed a couple of different times and now I'm curious why so I will have to bug him about and see if I can get some more info. I did ask him if it was just glowing in the dark and he said no most of the time it just looked like a normal band but every once in a while it would start to glow. He's been to Disney and used magic bands before.

I have no idea how to post a photo on here. When my son gets home I will ask him if he knows how. It was one of the new magic bands with the disk in the center and was a red one. The picture showed the disk was definitely glowing a pretty bright red. This was just on his arm and not near any scanner. He thought it was strange enough that he took a photo of it while they were at the Haunted Mansion. This wasn't any special magic band just one that was sent the normal way. He said it glowed a couple of different times and now I'm curious why so I will have to bug him about and see if I can get some more info. I did ask him if it was just glowing in the dark and he said no most of the time it just looked like a normal band but every once in a while it would start to glow. He's been to Disney and used magic bands before.
To post a photo, you can drag and drop (or copy and paste) directly into the reply window. One thing, any pictures you want to post must be smaller than 1MB.

The puck on the red ones glows under black light. A lot. I noticed it when I was down there the first weekend of December.

Just the classic red or retail bands as well... may need to be more observant next trip

OK he cropped it and loaded it again and it says the photo loaded but doesn't seem to be working so any suggestions and we will try to get the photo loaded.

We were just there and didn't notice that. Guess we didn't go on the right rides. I know we did haunted but perhaps it was later in the week when we were wearing sweatshirts and the band was covered.

Now I want to go back to just to see this happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter