Glasses on rides?

zuly

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone :wave2:

I had my DH totally seduced into riding the thrill rides because Im a real freak of coasters and drops :crazy:
I had already bought and trying at home Bonine because hes such a baby he feels dizzy at everything :rolleyes:
But now my concern is if hes going to be able to keep his eyeglasses on at coasters or does he will have to take them out..
because hes not going to be able to see ,just everything blurry without them ,I just want him to share with me the thrill ...
Please tell me your experiences...;)

July travelers wear your lime green always ...be a proud DISer ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = '07/02/2004 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=2 color=fuchsia>Watch out Mickey...I`m coming!! :wave: :Pinkbounc :tongue: :Pinkbounc :wave:</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Go Mickey go Mickey!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

I wear glasses and mine stayed on during every twist, loop and turn. Have a great time.:wave2:

We were worried about that ourselves because its no fun if you can't see. We asked the CM's on several rides and they said we would be fine and we were. RNRC was great, TOT no problem, Splash easy. I was a little nervous on Space but the galsses stayed put. Have a great time.:Pinkbounc

Jen

I always took off my sunglasses (which are bent several times from sitting on them), but my husband (who needs glasses to see) insisted on keeping his on. No problems at all.

Have no fear... Unless his glasses fall off when he looks at his shoes, they'll stay on during the rides.

The best insurance is a Croakie, a rubberized eyeglass retainer that goes onto the earpieces and keeps the glasses tight on your face during the ride. DH is completely blind without his glasses and does not like to risk riding any coasters without his Croakie.
Yes, he might be fine, but why take the risk?

Also, Croakies float, so if you are doing a water park, having a croakie on your glasses is good insurance against losing them. You can buy them at sporting goods stores, and just about at any store in Florida, incl. drugstores, WalMart, etc.; they retail for about $6.

My glasses never seem to fall off, so it should be fine to wear them on the rides.:wave2:

My husband wears glasses and he has gone on every wild ride and never had a problem. Have FUN!

I never considered leaving my glasses on before this. I'll try it in August. It will be nice to see what I've been missing.

I am worried about Rock 'n Roller Coaster, so I wrap my arms around the harness that goes over my shooulders, and reach my hand to hold my glasses. That is the only ride where I fear for my spectacles!

Have worn my glasses on every ride for the last 6 trips (admitably with a band on sometimes). But not this year:teeth:
If all goes to plan, this Friday I'm having my eyes 'done' (epi-lasek).
No more will my ears be bashed by the head restraint and the arms of my glasses.
No more steaming up when going in or out of buildings (obviously only in Florida!),
no more stupid comments like 'you need windscreen wipers' when it's raining!!!.
Ian

I usually take mine off just cause I'm paranoid. If I keep them on, I'm worried about them falling off the whole time and don't enjoy the ride as much. But then again, you could always get a tie to hold them on if you're worried.

I almost lost mine on RRnC the first time I went on. Grabbed them just in time as they left my face.

I wear glasses full time, and during the past 18 years when we have made 16 trips to WDW, I have never once taken my glasses during any ride due to worry...I have taken them off to wipe the water off them on Splash many times, but that is it for taking off the glasses....No worries for glasses wearers!!!!...:sunny:

Never had a problem, but one caveat: you can get really sweaty at WDW and sometimes that can make glasses easier to fall off.
No problems on any ride in dozens of trips to WDW. Always a good idea to have your prescription (or a spare pair of specs) with you.:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter