Glass Beach

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
anyone ever been? I'd appreciate tips on where to collect the most sea glass!

I completely agree with @StageTek. Don't pick the glass!

Glass Beach is just up the road from one of my favorite places in the world, Mendocino. Glass Beach might have been a wonder once, but it was a real disappointment when I first visited, and it just feels sorrier every subsequent time I've been. Every time I've visited over the years, there were at least half a dozen groups of tourists picking the beach for sea glass just while I was there. Multiply this by every day, especially on the weekends, over the years, and that'll explain my disappointment. You can still find clusters of sea glass washed into tide pools and against rocks, but you'll likely see a lot more exposed sand and rocks than sea glass these days.

That's too bad, we just wanted to look at it, as we do on all our travels. The pics on the internet look amazing! I did take some from some Cape Cod beaches in a jar but there really is no need especially with cameras in our cell phone, less clutter.

Strange that trash from the former dump site thats been polished by the sea has become a tourist attraction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!