Glasgow Airport and Hotels

mickeyforpresident

DIS Veteran
Ok - got a good price on flights in August (almost 2.5 cheaper than flying from Manchester and we got PE direct on Virgin.....) Whoooa! So we booked flights. Yay!!

Can anyone tell me the nearest hotels to the airport (bearing in mind, we normally stay at the Radisson at Manchester so just walk to the terminal....) I've done a little research and the Holiday Inn can't offer a family room (odd, right!) ....

We've stayed at that Holiday Inn - it was within walking distance of the airport, clean, friendly staff, free breakfast - even though it was pretty basic it gave us such a nice start to the holiday we're looking out for cheap flights from Glasgow and to stay there first the next time we travel to the US.

It was only the two of us that trip, but normally Holiday Inns are pretty good at roll out beds for kids?

Hi All, this is my first post on here - normally just read through all the comments and soak up all the brilliant information.

Hi Mickeyforpresident, have you looked into Express by Holiday Inn at Glasgow Airport? It's just a short walk across the road to the main terminal (about 100 yards). We have stayed at Radisson Blu at Manchester Airport before. The Express by Holiday Inn is no where near as lovely but it is still a good hotel. We have a family room booked for Sept this year and have stayed here a few times before. Cost was approx £158 for 2 adults 2 children and 2 weeks free car park, plus breakfast is included. Evening meals can be a little bit expensive but we sometimes just go to the airport and eat there as they have a few options there.

Ok - got a good price on flights in August (almost 2.5 cheaper than flying from Manchester and we got PE direct on Virgin.....) Whoooa! So we booked flights. Yay!!

Can anyone tell me the nearest hotels to the airport (bearing in mind, we normally stay at the Radisson at Manchester so just walk to the terminal....) I've done a little research and the Holiday Inn can't offer a family room (odd, right!) ....

Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express are the two closest but also the most expensive. I tried to get HIE this year (June) but they wanted £160 for one night.

Instead I booked the Premier Inn (about 100 yards from the HIE but still in walking distance) for £66 (family of 3).

HIE is good but not worth the cost, PI is all you need for one night and far more affordable.

J

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!