GKTW vacation report,part 1

muldey

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!!We returned yesterday from our MAW/GKTW trip.It was amazing!!We had so much fun!!I will tell this in parts since there was so much,and I can only upload so many pics at a time.

The flight from Providence to Orlando was ok,it was our first time flying and we were all a little nervous.We arrived at MCO,and there was a greeter waiting for us after the monorail.She was a great help,showing us where to go for our baggage and my dad's rental car.She gave us directions to GKTW,and we arrrived there around 2pm.
wearrivegktw.jpg

Gabrion was given a big stuffed Mickey and 2 tshirts.Kasia was given a stuffed Shamu,and 2 tshirts.From there we were directed to the Ice Cream Palace for lunch.We had sandwiches,hotdogs and of course,ice cream.The ice cream is delicious,it's from Friendly's.They have 8 flavors,and of course all the toppings as well as soda and slushies.They serve lunch daily.I have no picture as I thought dh took one,and he thought I took one. :(

Next we went to our villa.We stayed in 130.
ourvilla.jpg

It is HUGE!You walk into a kitchen,with a table and chairs,fridge,small cook top,microwave,coffee maker,dishwasher,sink,and dishes,silverware,pans,and glasses.You really could cook here if you chose too.There was a gift basket on the table,with junk food and little things for the kids.There was also a book about the man who created GKTW,I'm reading it now and it is a very good read,but not for kids.There was Coke,Diet Coke,Sprite and a couple of bottles of water in the fridge.Also a half gallon of milk.These pics were taken later that night.
kitchen.jpg

kitchentable.jpg

The living room has a chair,coffee table,couch that opens up into a full size bed,and a tv and vcr.
livingroom.jpg

The small bathroom has a shower.
bathroom.jpg

The bedroom has a king size bed(very comfy!!),dressers,and a tv.There is a crib in the closet.
bedroom.jpg

The laundry closet has a washer and dryer,a basket,and Tide and Bounce.
laundry.jpg

The kids bedroom has 2 twin size beds,dressers,and there is a roll away bed in the closet.There are also built in shelves.
kidsroom.jpg

The kids bathroom is very nice.There are 2 sinks,a huge shower with a seat,and a huge bathtub with water jets.Dh and I both fit in this!
kidsshower.jpg

kidsbathroom2.jpg

bigtub.jpg

Smoking is not allowed in the villa,only on the porch area.

There is so much to do here!!The first place we went is Amberville.It has a room with remote control boats,a game room,a big screen tv,computers with internet access,and my son's favorite,a huge model train set that can be controlled by pushing buttons.
amberville.jpg

There is a place called Julie's Safari Theater.They serve popcorn,soda,Icees,and candy.They show a movie every night.
juliessafaritheater.jpg

The pic in my siggy is in front of the Gingerbread House,where breakfast and dinner are served.Mayor Clayton and Miss Merry visit often.They are so much fun!!The food is great,and there is plenty.

The Castle of Miracles is where the wish child's stars are placed forever.My son's is to the left side of the stage,near the July 2005 area(they are marked,but no August marker up yet),ten stars from the hand on the wall,and 2 down from the top row.His name is Gabrion if anyone wants to find it. :teeth: There is a play area(make sure to try out the drawers on the wall!!),a very cool room inside the tree I will post a pic of next(go through the castle to get inside) with a slide,and a game room.There is a carousel attached to the outside.The tree outside snores!!It is such a wonderful place.
snoringtree.jpg

There is a very cute little house on the grounds.You can go inside!We didn't know until we walked by and dh tried the door.It is so cute!!
dollhouse.jpg

There is so much more to do!There are 2 pools.We never went to the big one,we were right near the smaller one.There is a miniature golf course,a trail,and more.We never had time to do it all.You can also have pizza delivered at night.

I will post part 2 very soon!I am missing this place so much,and we've only been home a day! :teeth:

Lisa,Billy,Kasia and Gabrion

muldey, thanks for posting and posting the pictures of inside the villa at GKTW. It would be nice if on the GKTW website, they can put inside the villa pics. They only have the outside of each building, as I recall on the website.
Looking forward to your Part 2 report. Glad you and your family had a nice trip!

Rosemarie :flower:

muldey--
Really enjoyed reading your trip report and seeing the pictures. It sounds like your family had a great time! Can you give me an idea of the types of foods they had at the restaurant? My son has a lot of feeding problems and I will be calling them as our date gets closer, but thought you might be able to give me a heads up.
Looking forward to reading part 2!

Very nice report.
I have not seen any pictures of the inside of the villas before. Your information will be helpful to a lot of people.
Glad to hear you had such a good time! :flower:

MarieS said:
muldey--
Really enjoyed reading your trip report and seeing the pictures. It sounds like your family had a great time! Can you give me an idea of the types of foods they had at the restaurant? My son has a lot of feeding problems and I will be calling them as our date gets closer, but thought you might be able to give me a heads up.
Looking forward to reading part 2!

I can post the menus for each day.I just need to unpack them,but it should be tonight sometime. :teeth:

We really did have a great time.The villas are wonderful.To us,they were absolute heaven.We live in a old house that needs a lot of help,and to stay somewhere that everything worked was amazing :rotfl: .We did miss all of our kitties though(but not the litter box :rotfl2: )!

Here are the menus(you will get a paper each day listing the activities and menu)

Thursday-
Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs biscuits yogurt
Fried potatoes bagels french toast sticks
ham bacon pancakes
cereal fruit sausage gravy

Dinner:
salad bar soup turkey
chicken nuggets stuffing mashed potatoes
macaroni cheese sauce marinara sauce
gravy green beans dinnner rolls
dessert

Friday-
same breakfast(sausage instead of bacon)
Dinner:
salad bar baked fish meatloaf
soup fries macaroni
cheese sauce marinara sauce broccoli
star fish nuggets dessert

Saturday-
breakfast(same,they alternate bacon and sausage)
Dinner:
salad bar baked chicken strips taco meat
rice hard and soft shells refried beans
macaroni and cheese nacho chips queso dip
dessert

Sunday
same breakfast
Dinner:
salad bar fried chicken bbq pulled pork
corn on the cob mashed potatoes gravy
fries rice green beans
corn muffins dessert

Monday
same breakfast
Dinner:
hot dogs hamburgers french fries
corn baked beans sauteed mushrooms and onions
potato salad cole slaw cottage cheese
peaches watermelon dessert

Tuesday
same breakfast
Dinner:
salad bar soup ravioli
spaghetti meatballs dinner rolls
chicken nuggets french fries veggies
dessert

Wednesday
same breakfast
Dinner:
salad bar pot roast mac and cheese
hot dogs sweet peas mashed potatoes
gravy glazed carrots fries
dinner rolls dessert

Lunch is in the Ice Cream Palace,and it's sandwiches(ham and cheese,turkey,tuna),hot dogs,and chips.They have coke,diet coke,mr pibb,sprite,milk,iced tea(I think),orange juice,apple juice,coffee,water and tea.We enjoyed it.Hope that helps!!

Lisa

Thank you so much for posting! The villas look wonderful! It is nice to see pictures of the inside. We are going in 50 days - we can't wait!! Looking forward to part 2!

Thanks so much for posting the menus! It gives me an idea of what I will need to bring with us( we are driving our van down). Reading other people's trip reports always gets me excited about the boys trip. 77 days to go! :flower:

Thanks for all of the info! We leave for GKTW on 8/15, and cannot wait to see this wonderful place!

Dave

WOW What great pictures!! Thanks so much!

We are leaving in two weeks. The week of September 11th. Is anyone going that week? It would be great if we meet another family staying at the same time. Hope the hurricanes stay away and we don't have to reschedule again!!

:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter