GKTW Online Fundraiser: Warrior Dash for GKTW - Deadline: September 21!

Alright! Way to go!!! This will be a great experience! I'm rooting for ya! :)

So I just finished my first week of Couch to 5k training. For those of you who may not be familiar Couch to 5k is a training that uses intervals of walking and jogging 3 times per week to get you to the point you can run a 5k.
Now I've always been a person who when asked "Do you run?" answered "only if I'm being chased!" Couch to 5k is doable. I really like it because I use the Couch to 5k app and it tells me when to walk and when to jog. Since I live in Massachusetts and it's winter I am not running outside. I'm using a treadmill in the fitness room at my apartment complex. I plug in my headphones start the app and add some music and off I start. I'm really liking it and hoping I can keep motivated to continue.

I've also got to start doing some cross training to strengthen my arms and shoulders. I guess I should be able to haul myself up and over some of the barriers. ;)

Part way through week 2. Still feeling good. I did have a gap in my training due to crazy work schedule, going to visit my family and watching football this weekend. but I started back up today. Cross training for the day: moving frozen snow boulders out from behind my car so I can drive!
And now my best friend and I have decided to train for and run the Tower of Terror 10 Miler!

Hey! Great idea! When is the Warrior Dash you are doing? I live in Littleton MA! I think we met on the WISH boards! I'm doing the Littleton Road Race in mid September and then doing the Jingle Jungle 5K at Animal Kingdom Veterans Day weekend! I kind of started my training today. I did a 5K on my elliptical this morning alternating between running and walking. I watch a show and run during the commercials and then get back to a fast walk during the show. After a while I will switch. It took my 54 minutes but it's a start!

Best wishes!
TTFN :tigger:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!