GKTW Meet: WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge, October 3, 2011 UPDATE

dansyr2514

DIS Veteran
Grand Gathering in a Grand Villa Meet

GKTWAK.jpg
If you ever wondered what a DVC grand villa looks like this is your chance to check one out. They are very spacious. This particular Grand Villa at Kidani Village is around 2200sq ft....Bigger than most homes. While having the opporutnity to check out the villa, meet other DISers, enjoy some food and drink, and maybe win a prize you can also help the DIS Power of 10 campaign. It should be a fun-filled evening! Reserve your space now by making your $25 per person contribution to our First Giving page.

Looking forward to seeing everybody at the grand villa! :)
We will also be holding a pre event Hidden Mickey Hunt at the Animal Kingdom Lodge,so if you can plan to be there a little earlier.

Details
Where -Animal Kingdom Lodge Grand Villa at Kidani Village
When - October, 3rd, 2011 6:00pm - ???
What - Food-Raffles- Auctions- - Fun and maybe some surprises!
Cost - $25.00 per person ( payment can be made through the link below)
Children under 4yrs old free

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
4:00PM – Animal viewing at the – Uzima Overlook (Back of the Jambo House lobby)

5:00PM – Hidden Mickey Hunt – Jambo House Lobby

6:00PM – Meet starts in Kidani Village Grand Villa

6:30PM – Food and drink are available

6:30PM – Silent auction starts

7:00PM – Prize drawings (Must be present to win)

7:15 - How well do you know the podcasters quiz? Prize awarded

8:00PM – Prize drawings (Must be present to win)

9:30PM – Silent auction ends

10:00PM – Final prize drawings (Must be present to win)

- Kids activities will run throughout the meet.

- Schedule is subject to change

Due to the size of the venue, we can only accept a total of 45 guests. We will accept the first 45 people to sign up through our first giving page. The exact room number will be given closer to date of the meet.

Adults and children are welcome.

Some Auction Items
Autographed copy of "Creating Magic" by Lee Cockerell
Dining Review with Kevin and John
Photographic Print by Kathy Werling
Dooney and Bourke Princess Bucket Bag
Minnie Mouse Watch and Collectible Tin set
...and more to come!

***** A raffle ticket will be given to each person attending. Additional tickets can be purchased for $1.00 or 6 tickets for $5.00*********

*Because of the nature of this meet and with children attending, alcoholic beverages will not be available.*

Please post on this thread how many will be attending and their ages. We will confirm that we have received your donation to attend.

If you have any questions, please feel free to private message us through the dis boards.
dansyr2514- Justine
ADP - Aaron

All monies raised will go to directly to GKTW through the Power of 10. All prizes, venues, etc. have been donated.
You will also be able to donate to Tony's Tink challenge or Kathy and Teresa's muddy buddy challenge at the event.

Thank you for your support.

** If anyone cannot attend and would still like to make a donation you can do so through our first giving page also**
*** If anyone would like to donate an auction item, please contact either of us and we will be happy to include them in our auction***

GRAND GATHERING AT A GRAND VILLA FACEBOOK PAGE - COME SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!

FIRST GIVING PAGE - SIGN UP HERE:thumbsup2

Attendees
Anonymousegirl - Lori
Shellyminnie - Shelly
ADP - Aaron
dansyr2514 - Justine and Jeff
Racheltori - Laura
OKWlover - Jeff and Val
DisneyMeMa - Barbara and Barry
Kevin and John ( tentatively)
Bilbo UK and Frodo UK - Albert and Ann
Disneybride03
TyRY- Tracy
Walthers Family
mousehouselover - Noni
mla1977 - Megan
jacstangler and vieragirl- John & Christy​

Hi Everyone -

If you ever wondered what a DVC grand villa looks like this is your chance to check one out. They are very spacious. This particular Grand Villa at Kidani Village is around 2200sq ft....Bigger than most homes. While having the opporutnity to check out the villa, meet other DISers, enjoy some food and drink, and maybe win a prize you can also help the DIS Power of 10 campaign. It should be a fun-filled evening! Reserve your space now by making your $25 per person contribution to our First Giving page.

Looking forward to seeing everybody at the grand villa! :)

Yay. I'm all signed up. What a great idea to have it at a Grand Villa! I'm DVC at BLT but I've never seen a Grand Villa.
I'm excited that this coincides with my stay, not only at WDW, but at AKV.
Looking forward to meeting everyone!

We are arriving on the 3rd, and probably won't be getting to WDW till around 9. We would so like to be there but don't want to take anyone else's place just in case our flight is delayed :sad2:

but, if you don't get a full house by then, please let us know. We will have a rental car and could drive on over (we'll be staying at BCV). We'd love to join in on the meet!

thanks - Lois

We leave on the 2nd too!! Boo! I would love love love to come!!! Have a great time though :)

This is a really creative idea. Being a DVC member with only 50 points, I will probably never have the opportunity to visit a Grand Villa. I will miss your meet by about 25 days, but hope it is an amazing success! Good luck!

This is a really creative idea. Being a DVC member with only 50 points, I will probably never have the opportunity to visit a Grand Villa. I will miss your meet by about 25 days, but hope it is an amazing success! Good luck!

I wonder if, the next time you stay DVC, you could ask at the front desk if one was available to just peek in? Couldn't hurt to ask, right? Maybe some pixiedust: will come your way!

Hi! I'm planning to sign up! :yay: I want to make sure I do it correctly though. If I click on the "donate" button, am I signing up for the Meet?

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting y'all! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!