GKTW Meet: Tennessee, February 18, 2012

Hello everyone,
I have been hard at work trying to secure a very cool location for our event. Several leads fell through, a few were insanely too pricey and some were just unwilling to help with anything.
That being said, I finally got GREAT NEWS today from the owner of Chaffin’s Barn Dinner Theatre. I have secured a venue as well as entertainment. I will have more in depth details shortly after Christmas regarding cover charges, food offerings, etc...

The ONLY downside to this venue is that we can only have it during the week or on a Sunday evening. I vote Sunday evening since working on Mondays are over-rated anyway. HA! Chaffin's has Feb 26th, 2012 and March 5th, 2012 open and available to name a few. This venue space is well known and historic here in the Nashville area. It is located in historic Franklin TN. Anyone wanting to experience the Nashville area will enjoy everything about this location.

Please let me know what you all think about these dates / times.
Thanks.

One final thought. On the most recent episode of the Dis Unplugged. Pete stated on The Live Show that the Dis Unplugged would be taking the crew of the podcast on the road! Pete also mentioned a few episodes a while back that he was 95% certain he would be making this event. That being said, let's hope and pray that a date change can still allow Pete and the Dis Unplugged crew to make this event!

Anyone willing to help make this event as awesome as possible, please message me for contact information. I still need help with many many things. Especially items for the silent auction!

Thanks again,
Chris

Very cool! Please let me know when you have a date decided so I can sticky your thread and add it to the official list.

Hello everyone,
I have been hard at work trying to secure a very cool location for our event. Several leads fell through, a few were insanely too pricey and some were just unwilling to help with anything.
That being said, I finally got GREAT NEWS today from the owner of Chaffin’s Barn Dinner Theatre. I have secured a venue as well as entertainment.

Thansk Chris,

I have been to Chaffin's Barn but it's been awile. Very cool venue! Can you share details of the entertainment you've lined up?

Thansk Chris,

I have been to Chaffin's Barn but it's been awile. Very cool venue! Can you share details of the entertainment you've lined up?

I am going a dinner showing of "Boeing Boeing" this Tuesday where i will speak to the owner more in depth. We are going to discuss the show options, etc...

What is everyone's opinions/thoughts about Sunday. The time would be around 6pm.

Chaffin's has Feb 26th, 2012 and March 5th, 2012 open and available to name a few. This venue space is well known and historic here in the Nashville area. It is located in historic Franklin TN. Anyone wanting to experience the Nashville area will enjoy everything about this location.

Please let me know what you all think about these dates / times.

I'm ok with Sunday as long as it doesn't run TOO late as we'll have a 2 hour drive home plus work/school the next day.

Unfortunately though, we currently have conflicts on both Feb 26th and March 4th.

Not sure if I could make on a Sunday evening. It's a long drive, and college classes on Monday.

I was wondering how many people are going and what day is better that way we can decide the best for most people. So please post if you think you will attend.

I’m ok with a not so nice place to meet if were only talking a few people.

Sounds like some want a Saturday, what do you think.

I’ve been getting Disney items to raffle for charity.

Either day is good for me.
2 adults, 1 five year old girl.
We do not need a hotel.

Lastly what day are we talking about. Didnt we decide Feb 18th is off the table which is the headline? Feb 26th, 2012 or March 5th, 2012

I don't think I'd be able to do a Sunday, especially since we're trying to conserve personal leave for a WDW trip this spring. it's about a 4-hour drive for us to Nashville.

Since I am a local Diser, Sunday would work for me. It would be me and my teenage daughter.

I haven't been to Chaffins since I was a teen so I am looking forward to it. Great idea!

Me too. I have some pretty cool (at least I think they are cool) "one of a kind" autographed podcast memorabilia for the silent auction. I am hoping to get some more before the event.

I'm past my current obligations to other nonprofits so would be happy to help out in planning.

Any news on the date / location. I'm trying to make plans to get away if this is a go for 2/18. Its only a couple of hours drive, and it would be fun.

Are we still having the Nashville Meet? From what I can tell we have atleast 20 people. I have a few items for a silent auction. I say it should go on and the person that can get the space should set a day that is best for them.

We're about a month out from the dates original discussed. I'm also curious if this is going to happen or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter