GKTW Meet: Tennessee, February 18, 2012

Minnie_Mom

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in having a meet in Tennessee to benefit GKTW. I noticed that Disney on Ice is coming to Memphis in September... that might be a nice time to get something together. I might be able to get a box at the Forum donated for us to use.

Anyone interested?

Let me know what you guys decide so I can add you to our event list and map on the top of the forum. :)

Ok, Tennessee, let's get going! We live in a state that is full of entertainment opportunities... from the Blues melodies in Memphis to Country music in Nashville to the beautiful Mountains of East Tennessee... Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Memphis is on the wrong end of the state for me. ;) The Virginia meet is too far away as well. I'd be up for a SW VA/Upper East TN meet! :thumbsup2

Memphis is on the wrong end of the state for me. ;) The Virginia meet is too far away as well. I'd be up for a SW VA/Upper East TN meet! :thumbsup2

Yes, Bristol is a long way from Memphis. Hopefully, we can get something worked out... either a central location for everyone or a couple of different meets based on location...

I am interested in this!! :)

I am from central MS - so this would not be too far at all! :)

If you do it on a weekend other than labor day I could do it!!! And I have things I could donate for auction!! Let me know if this gets going! I work in central Ms. but usually go home on weekends but would gladly do this! I would like to do Alabama but my being away from home prevents me from getting this done.:surfweb:

I am interested in this!! :)

I am from central MS - so this would not be too far at all! :)

If you do it on a weekend other than labor day I could do it!!! And I have things I could donate for auction!! Let me know if this gets going! I work in central Ms. but usually go home on weekends but would gladly do this! I would like to do Alabama but my being away from home prevents me from getting this done.:surfweb:

Great! Glad to have more people interested! :cool1:

Any thoughts of the when/where? I had thought about Disney on Ice (Sept 23-25?). I am fairly certain that I could get a box donated for us to use, but we might be limited on the number of people because the boxes at the Forum are on the smaller side.

Also, any ideas on how we can spread the word?

Great! Glad to have more people interested! :cool1:

Any thoughts of the when/where? I had thought about Disney on Ice (Sept 23-25?). I am fairly certain that I could get a box donated for us to use, but we might be limited on the number of people because the boxes at the Forum are on the smaller side.

Also, any ideas on how we can spread the word?

This sounds like a lot of fun!!! :)

I think the 24th would be best...so that we can travel on Friday and Sunday, if we need to. :) I am so excited about this! I don't know if it is possible to get a handicapped accessible box? Lauren might be interested in coming...but she would have NO idea until that week before because she is starting college and probably has no idea of her schedule yet... And Rachel may be interested in coming, too. But both of those ladies would need a place that will hold a wheelchair. I can only "handle" one of them at a time...so we would only need one wheelchair spot...and if you can't get it, then that is totally fine...I just think they might be interested in coming. :)

This sounds fun!! :)

I'm in N. AL and would be interested in attending if we could come up with a meet more around the Nashville area.

I am in Southeast Mo ---so either Nashville or Memphis works for me. I am excited for a event close to home!!

I might be able to meet up as I live in Nashville. It would depend on when since I work Titans games on Sundays and I know there is a game on Sept 25.

I would be very excited for a TN Dismeet! :goodvibes I live in the center of TN, so let me know what I can do to help make this happen.

I might be able to meet up as I live in Nashville. It would depend on when since I work Titans games on Sundays and I know there is a game on Sept 25.

just curious, how do you get to work the Titans games? Maybe we should have a Nashville Mini meet!

I'm just a bit south of you, but in Nashville quite a bit especially during hockey season!

We are too! We're Preds partial season ticket holders and we drive into Nashville from Memphis a couple of dozen times throughout the season. So a Nashville meetup wouldn't be a stretch for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!