GKTW Meet: Potential First Canadian Bash, August 11, 2012

The Nova Scotia Meet is SOLD OUT!!!!
Gonna be a blast as 142 of us show em how it is done!!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Well I guess next year we'll have to book the Metro Centre!:rotfl2:

Hey everyone! We're planning events around the actual date of the DisMeet in case anyone wants a little extra fun!

Here's Sunday's rough itinerary!

Look for more details tomorrow night (just got home from job #2 and I'm wiped) but essentially we've changed the order of things a bit. We'll meet at exit 11 in New Minas at the Irving (may be possibility of carpooling for some from the city), travel out to Halls Harbour to do some wandering around, picture taking, gift shop partaking etc.

Then on to the Blomidon Lookoff for a short picture opportunity, then to Blomidon Provincial Park where we will have our corn boil. Lots of opportunity to play in the sand, the mud flats, walk the ocean floor, visit with each other. The tide will be almost all the way out so the reason why we have the distinction of having the highest tides in the world will be pretty evident!

From there for anyone that would like to go fossil hunting we'll continue on to Blue Beach!

I'll have a full itinerary, with times, local maps in case someone wants to divert from the group and rejoin us for any reason, and more pretty soon! Now I just need a head count so I know how much food to bring!

Hey everyone! We're planning events around the actual date of the DisMeet in case anyone wants a little extra fun!

Here's Sunday's rough itinerary!

Look for more details tomorrow night (just got home from job #2 and I'm wiped) but essentially we've changed the order of things a bit. We'll meet at exit 11 in New Minas at the Irving (may be possibility of carpooling for some from the city), travel out to Halls Harbour to do some wandering around, picture taking, gift shop partaking etc.

Then on to the Blomidon Lookoff for a short picture opportunity, then to Blomidon Provincial Park where we will have our corn boil. Lots of opportunity to play in the sand, the mud flats, walk the ocean floor, visit with each other. The tide will be almost all the way out so the reason why we have the distinction of having the highest tides in the world will be pretty evident!

From there for anyone that would like to go fossil hunting we'll continue on to Blue Beach!

I'll have a full itinerary, with times, local maps in case someone wants to divert from the group and rejoin us for any reason, and more pretty soon! Now I just need a head count so I know how much food to bring!

Did I miss the recap of this event? I can't find it anywhere on the boards...

I was so sorry to have missed the event, but I was away at the D23 Destination D event in California, and just returned yesterday.

Hope it was a great success and lots of fun!!!:goodvibes

Did I miss the recap of this event? I can't find it anywhere on the boards...

I was so sorry to have missed the event, but I was away at the D23 Destination D event in California, and just returned yesterday.

Hope it was a great success and lots of fun!!!:goodvibes

Hi! No you didn't miss a recap. We were, for the most part, going to let Kathy and Teresa tell all about it on the podcast but we did AWESOME! We raised over $5300 and still counting!!!

There was laughter, tears, singing, dancing and best of all ..... lots of friendships formed...oh yah, and mud...there was mud involved ;)

Congratulations on the hugely successful event! I'm looking forward to hearing the recap of it on the next podcast by Kathy and Big Foot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter