GKTW Meet: North Texas, October 1, 2011

Just added a few auction items that arrived from Pete today. When I started this I worried that I wasn't going to have enough auction and raffle items. Now I'm worried that we might have too much!

With all the cancellations I am going to see if I can rework the bingo game into a different ice breaker. That might not happen.

Please remember that tomorrow will be either Cash or Checks made payable to GKTW. I think we will try to close the auction and the raffle about 2:00-2:15 to give people a chance to pay and collect their items before we wrap things up at 3:00.

If you have any questions or get lost please call me on my cell: 817/714-1968.

We will have plenty of food and beverages please feel free to bring additional family and friends.

In the middle of the night Thursday night my whole family awoke with a stomach virus!. This is the first time I have been able to sit up long enough to type this message. So there is no way we can make the 3 hour trek to Grapevine. I am so dissapointed. This was going to be my first dis meet and there were lot's of things I wanted to bid on. Plus I was really looking forward to meeting fellow disers.

I am bummed. So bummed. :sick:

Just got back home from the meet and I wanted to drop you a note to express what a wonderful time that Kim and I had.

Suzette you out did yourself, your hard work really showed and was much appreciated. The food was great, and the deserts were excellent. I have to admit that we did sneak a plate home for our Daughter.

There is just something about the DISers, you guys are a wonderful group of people. Pete really has created a Disney community and it was nice that the Mayor Of DIS called in during the event. :grouphug:

Looking forward to another meet next year. :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

Really, really enjoyed the meet in Grapevine. Suzette did a great job! Really enjoyed meeting all of the DISers and sharing our passion for Disney. Can't wait until next year.

Had a great time at our GKTW dismeet today. Fun bunch of people, great food and a great coordinator/organizer...Suzette.

Can't wait to meet again,
John and Cheri
:thumbsup2

Suzette- you ROCK! What a wonderful day, thank you for the tremendous amount of time, energy and enthusiasm you put into this meet.

I had a great time, and came home with some fun goodies!

Thanks Suzette for organizing a wonderful event. We had a great time. Looking forward to next year.

Just another thanks to Suzette and to everyone who donated items and food for the event. It was nice to meet everyone. Tonight I will be dreaming about pressed penny bracelets.

More applause for Suzette for such a great job. :thumbsup2
Jen 'n I enjoyed meetin' you folks here on the Podcast board 'n hope we can do it again soon. :goodvibes

Hi ya'll!

Great time meeting everyone! My mom and I had a ball and of course left with some great stuff!! All that wine will come in handy for our halloween party!

Suzette, thanks for organizing such a fun event. As always, everyone I met was fabulous and so sweet. I think I have yet to meet a bad Diser in person! :goodvibes

Looking forward to next year's meet (or sooner). Heck, we should get together more often to catch disney movies etc.

Just seeing other Disers gets me even more excited about our trip in 2 weeks.

oh and Theresa- looking forward to seeing your pressed penny bracelet! :thumbsup2

Michelle

Thanks Suzette for organizing a wonderful event. We had a great time. Looking forward to next year.
Hi Donna- i must not have had the chance to meet you today- but i am in Plano too! Where abouts are you?

JUST got home. Went straight from there to my husband's company picnic. It has been a long day. :goodvibes

Thank all of you for your kind words. I really appreciate your, well, appreciation! I am so glad that everyone had a good time and enjoyed themselves.

Thanks to everyone who donated items and purchased items! I need to run the numbers again tomorrow but a quick count this evening is showing $2,515. I believe I have a local business owner was is interested in giving a cash donation to be included with our efforts. I also think that number does not include the guaranteed sell price on the framed item. I'm so proud of our little group for raising that much today. I will give you the final total later in the week when I have it.

Again, thank all of you for giving your afternoon to the group. It was great to meet so many of you. Let me take a nap and I'll put my thinking cap on about next year. :)

Great job Suzette!! This was my first Disney meet up, and it was great having the chance to talk to some like-minded folks. Especially enjoyed meeting Plutofans . . . Plutofan(s) . . . Plutofan 1 and Plutofan 2 . . . whatever. Look forward to seeing you again on Podcast Cruise 3.0! I really hope you organize another one of these, Suzette. I'll be there for sure. It was a pleasure to meet you. So take a well-deserved nap and begin planning the next meet.

Me too. I am so glad everyone had a great time. Makes me excited for our Meet in 6 weeks.

Oh, you guys are killing me! I cannot believe I missed it! We have all been very sick and today is our first day to rejoin the land of the living. I would have much rather been having fun with you guys then battling a stomach bug.

Michelle, Sorry we didn't get to meet. I am at Custer and Legacy. How about you?
I am off Plano Parkway between Coit and Ohio, so of Park/Preston area. :goodvibesSo not too far! I know that area well!

Glad to hear your meet went so well !!! Congrats to all. If you have any tips that you can pass onto Melissa and I we would love to hear them...as our meet is coming up fast !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!