GKTW Meet: North Texas, October 1, 2011

Tom and I were just chatting and we can't wait to hear who is guesting on our show! Look forward to hearing more stories from the even soon!

Well I wasn't able to get the local business owner to chip in anymore. :sad2: But tomorrow morning I will put all the checks in the mail for a grand total of $2615 from the North Texas DisMeet. I think we did great! Thank all of you for coming and spending the day together!

:scared: I looked for the smiley face stick it's head out of a hole and looking around but there isn't one. So I figured the scared smiley face might be more fitting!

So who is up for a meet this fall? I'm thinking beginning of November? Of course if I'm running the show or helping to run the show it will have to be in North Texas like last fall. If it appears we have some interest I will start looking at dates and location options to throw out there. Once I get some feedback I will look at starting a new thread if we have some interest.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone! popcorn::

Count us in!! The cheer competition season starts sometime in November for us - the schedule hasn't been finalized yet, though. Look forward to seeing everyone again:)

Carlos and I would love to meet up again. Anywhere in the DFW area or a little beyond is fine for us.
:cheer2:

Hi All,

Is this still in the works? If so, could someone please PM me the info so I can add it to our official list? I will then sticky this thread. :)

If you need any help in planning, feel free to let me know.

Hey guys it looks like I'm not going to be able to put together something this Fall. SORRY! We are dealing with some health issues with my dad and my daughter had surgery right before school started. There just isn't time in my schedule this Fall to put something together.

I will try next year some time!

Hey guys it looks like I'm not going to be able to put together something this Fall. SORRY! We are dealing with some health issues with my dad and my daughter had surgery right before school started. There just isn't time in my schedule this Fall to put something together.

I will try next year some time!

Hope your family is doing better!:goodvibes

I was wondering if anyone was thinking about getting something together this year? I'd love to help coordinate, thought it might be fun to at least try to do something relatively simple like a chili cook off and/or bake sale?
I am most absolutely not experienced at all in putting together something like this, but after reading about this charity I can't help but want to be involved in helping them in some way! Also, it'd be awesome to meet some fellow disers!
Look forward to hearing from you all!popcorn::

I would love to help with something. I have been kicking around a few ideas but haven't really come up with anything definitive. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I think a chili cook-off, or something along those lines would be fun. Depending on how many we have we could do it in my home if everyone is willing to travel to Aledo.

I'll throw this out there...I live in Aledo. Depending on how many we have i would offer my house for a gathering in the summer. We have a pool and people could mill around inside and out and swim. We could do a big pot luck with a donation to GKTW and I could try to put together some donations for a raffle/auction.

But if it's a large crowd we could come up with some other idea.

Any thoughts on who might be interested in gather this year?

Well that's 3 of us...should we start a new thread? The next month is crazy crazy time for me, school ending and such but I think summer would be fun! I live out in McKinney, but I'd be happy to drive out for a meet. Anyone else interested in doing this and live out this way? We could definitely organize a car pool!:cool1:

Hey everyone,

Wanted to put a message on this old thread. We have another Meet planned for March 22, 2014. Please see our new thread. Hope to see all of you again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!