GKTW fundraiser

pjweaver

just happy to be here
Most of you know that 83.4% of what I post here is either a joke or a flat out lie. This is not one of those times.

Like so very many people here, I am not able to attend this years big 20th anniversary party in WDW. This is meant for these people to help Give Kids The World. I might need some help setting up the correct links, and I definitely need @DisneyKevin help too. I want to get people to donate just $10 to GKTW, and when we hit $500 John Magi must wear tacky Hawaiian shirts for the week of the anniversary including the big party in Epcot.

EDT:
I have a team page made.
http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/Events/General?team_id=6125&pg=team&fr_id=1621
I have no commitment from John or Kevin as of now, but I am hoping this picks up steam. To that end I also have made the first $50 donation.

Last edited:

We have a bit of a tradition here on the Dis Unplugged Board.

It basically boils down to "your idea, you make it happen".

I would have them send the checks to you directly and once you reach your goal, make the donation to GKTW.

Keep us posted.

Last edited:
I have edited the original post and will keep updating it as we progress.

I set goals of $1000 to get John to do the anniversary party in a hawaiian shirt and $2500 to get him to do it for the entire week including podcasts.
Thanx for doing this, PJ! Awesome job, and cause!!

Hi Folks,

You will have to choose another fundraising effort.

We will be extraordinarily busy during the 20th Anniversary and John has asked that this not be added to his "to do" list.

Thanks.

Hi Folks,

You will have to choose another fundraising effort.

We will be extraordinarily busy during the 20th Anniversary and John has asked that this not be added to his "to do" list.

Thanks.
Oh darn. Oh well, I totally understand. And even though I've already donated, I would have donated anyway (do all year), so it's still going to a great cause!!

With John out, I am working on something equally fantastic for this fundraiser. I won't go into it until I have a commitment, but it will be fun for anyone familiar with the podcasts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!