GKTW Fundraiser: Coasting for Kids 2013 - West Coast vs East Coast

Hey all,

Just wanted to swing by and say that you all did an amazing job! I'll be participating at the Kings Dominion (coming from Iowa) event as well, but I'm with Team TPR. Doesn't matter which team you're on, just glad that we've all been able to help out this amazing charity. I'm currently working my way down the east coast, hitting various amusement parks and finishing up at KD on Sunday!

If you see a giant, 6'6" bald guy, that's me. Please feel free to say hi and introduce yourself. It would be great to meet some fellow DIS fans.

Have fun on Sunday, everyone!

Thad Bargman

Thanks Thad!! I see you're quite the fundraiser yourself!! I'm glad so many of us are participating!!!

@Jeff
@Idahosa
@Chase

Are you still planning on participating on Sunday? I noticed you have not reach the minimum amount of donations, so I was just wondering if it would be worth taking up a collection.

Team West is leading by about $400 but we still have until Sunday to catch up.

:banana:Go Team East!!:banana:

Sure. The boys will be with me, my husband and parents. As soon as I get the boys registered we'll go to the carousel. See you then!!

Thanks Melanie! We wanted to record something...so I would like to have everyone together at least for a few minutes.

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who supported our teams..both East and West. It really means a lot that people who's only tie may be knowing each other here on the disboards can come together like this to raise money for Give Kids the World! Thank you to everyone participating!!! Thank you to anyone who has donated!! I've made some great friends through meets and events connected with the Dis and hope to make many more!

Anyone up for Dis Coasterpalooza 2.0???? :goodvibes

BTW...donations are still being accepted! ...and Team West is currently winning. So if you are and East coaster or WDW fan....help Team East kick Team West's Castle!

:thumbsup2

Just wanted to say congrats to team
West! They did raise a little bit more than us. However... There is always next year!!!!!
Go team East for Dis Coasterpalooza 2.0!!

Hope everyone had a great time on Sunday! Unfortunately, I didn't meet any of the DIS team while I was at Kings Dominion. My legs still hurt from riding Hurler and Grizzly for an hour each! Glad my group got on I-305 before the rain came in. We missed out on our last 15 minutes, but the last group wouldn't have been able to ride at all with the downpour that took place. We were sitting in a restaurant waiting for it to pass, and the place started flooding. That was a pretty crazy way to end the day!

Congrats on all of the money raised by the DIS!

Thad

Hope everyone had a great time on Sunday! Unfortunately, I didn't meet any of the DIS team while I was at Kings Dominion. My legs still hurt from riding Hurler and Grizzly for an hour each! Glad my group got on I-305 before the rain came in. We missed out on our last 15 minutes, but the last group wouldn't have been able to ride at all with the downpour that took place. We were sitting in a restaurant waiting for it to pass, and the place started flooding. That was a pretty crazy way to end the day!

Congrats on all of the money raised by the DIS!

Thad

Thad, sorry we missed you! Where you part of the large group with all the top fundraisers? I met up with Kevin and his DD Jordan. I was glad I met them. It was nice to have someone to ride with since I did the event solo. DW and DD won't ride thrill rides. BTMR and FT are about their limit.

That rain storm sure was crazy! I stopped the "marathon" early because I wanted to go on some of the coasters that were not included. I had just sat down in the Stunt Coaster and they made us get out.

Hopefully I'll be better prepared next time, starting out on Dominator was not good! After 4 or 5 times on that in the morning, my stomach was upset and it did not really recover for the rest of the day. I still did all the other coasters, but at a much slower pace.

I think I'm going to try to do CFK at Dorney next year. I have friends in PA that want to do it with me.

Thad, sorry we missed you! Where you part of the large group with all the top fundraisers? I met up with Kevin and his DD Jordan. I was glad I met them. It was nice to have someone to ride with since I did the event solo. DW and DD won't ride thrill rides. BTMR and FT are about their limit.

That rain storm sure was crazy! I stopped the "marathon" early because I wanted to go on some of the coasters that were not included. I had just sat down in the Stunt Coaster and they made us get out.

Hopefully I'll be better prepared next time, starting out on Dominator was not good! After 4 or 5 times on that in the morning, my stomach was upset and it did not really recover for the rest of the day. I still did all the other coasters, but at a much slower pace.

I think I'm going to try to do CFK at Dorney next year. I have friends in PA that want to do it with me.

Yes, I was part of one of the larger teams there. I ended up raising $1260 and taking 3rd place for all of Kings Dominion! I'd have to say that the best moment was getting to meet Abby and her family. Seeing how grateful they were really made it all worth it!

I'll probably do Worlds of Fun or ValleyFair next summer. They're both MUCH closer than KD was!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!