GKTW EVENT: DE DIS Meet Weekend – October 16-18, 2015

October is a bit of a crazy month, but someone has twisted my arm pretty hard (ok, not so much, I really did want to come), and I just registered. Looking forward to seeing old & new friends!

I confess! I AM THE ARM-TWISTER!

yaaaaaaay :dogdance:

We are just a 5 weeks away from the Big event. Let me give you some updates.
Iron Hill is almost sold out. We have about 5 seats left.
Bonfire/Hayride is close to sell out. We have about 10 seats left.
If you are planning on staying at the Courtyard our discount code ends Wednesday Sept 16.

When I made my reservation at the hotel yesterday they told me that the hotel is sold out for the Weekend of October 16-18. If you want to stay at Courtyard Newark but your room using our code "GKTW" by 11:59 PM on Wednesday Sept. 16.
There are 3 seats left for Iron Hill and 3 for the Hayride. I will be taking a waiting list for Iron Hill and the Hayride. If we get between 20-25 people on the waiting list for the hayride, I will reserve another wagon.
There are 80 seats left for the Big Event on Saturday Oct 17.

Last edited:

We are just 2 weeks away from the Big Event. We have 35 seats left for the Big Event. Get your tickets before its to late. :dogdance:

Some people have inquired about participating in a "virtual run/walk". Sounds like a plan! If you can't make it to our Pirate and Princess 5K, but you would still like to participate from wherever you are....
Register for the Pirate and Princess 5K http://www.races2run.com/events/pirate-and-princess-5k/ then send me a message and we'll make sure you get your 5K T-shirt.

If you can't make the 5K, but you would still like to donate, you can go here to make a donation.

Thanks everyone!

Some people have inquired about participating in a "virtual run/walk". Sounds like a plan! If you can't make it to our Pirate and Princess 5K, but you would still like to participate from wherever you are....
Register for the Pirate and Princess 5K http://www.races2run.com/events/pirate-and-princess-5k/ then send me a message and we'll make sure you get your 5K T-shirt.

If you can't make the 5K, but you would still like to donate, you can go here to make a donation.

Thanks everyone!
James In A Dress.jpg
I might as well add in my little challenge here...

We are running a little short on registrants for the 5K, so I've made it interesting....

If more than 200 registrant sign up for the 5K Run / Walk (either Live or Virtual), I will attempt to WALK the 5K... In a Princess Outfit.
( Yes, you heard correct...)

So, if you want to really see me humiliated beyond belief, because you KNOW there will be videographers there, then sign up!

My Facebook Challenge Post is here: https://www.facebook.com/jcayz/posts/10206142540855934

Oh, we can figure out delivery - the original sign is one I posted at my workplace...

We were going to sign up for the 5K, but I fell down a couple of stairs last week into my garage and twisted my ankle pretty badly. Still hurts to walk on it...sadly, i don't think walking a 5K is the best decision right now :(

We were going to sign up for the 5K, but I fell down a couple of stairs last week into my garage and twisted my ankle pretty badly. Still hurts to walk on it...sadly, i don't think walking a 5K is the best decision right now
Too bad. You can just come and cheer on the rest of us.

Have a wonderful event and raise lots of money for an awesome cause. I hope everyone has a great time - sure wish I could be there to join and meet you all, please say hi to any member of the Team there for me! I'll be there with you in spirit!!

We had a great time today! Thank you so much to everyone who helped put this together! Would love to be at the hayride tonight, but DD is spent..she fell asleep for about 10 mins in the car on the way home after the big event today. Hope everyone there has a great night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts