GKTW Event-Coasting For Kids-DIS Coasterpalooza: East vs West

Another great Coasting for Kids at Valleyfair in Minnesota! Only 14 laps due to weather. Good luck rest of team DIS on Sunday!

Another great Coasting for Kids at Valleyfair in Minnesota! Only 14 laps due to weather. Good luck rest of team DIS on Sunday!

Sorry the weather didn't cooperate but YAY for starting the weekend off right!

Silly question - how do park tickets work for C4K? Information is hard to come by!!!

So excited to be at Kings Dominion tomorrow with some amazing fundraisers! Great work for a great cause!!!

I hope Cedar Point is open tomorrow! My son is participating, but Cedar Point is closed today due to a water main break. They've already announced that all of their hotels will be closed until Monday, but they haven't made a decision about the park yet.

UPDATE: CP just posted on its home page that the park will be closed until Monday. Bummer. Andrew was really looking forward to it.

Laurie

Heading out to King Dominion in less than an hour. Looks like a great day, threat of rain later this afternoon but hopefully it will hold of until we are almost done. Have fun today everyone! :cool1:

Great job everyone in your fundraising!! We'll have the grand totals (and announce the prize winners) on this week's podcasts! Just know that we are WAY over last year! :thumbsup2

Thanks to everyone for joining Team DIS Coasterpalooza!!! :cheer2:

We had a great time at Knott's Berry Farm today.

It was a totally different vibe from last year. In 2013, we practically all rode The Jaguar the whole time and built the camaraderie there. This year, we all took lots of breaks and chatted a lot that way.

The difference was that this year we started on Coast Rider for the first couple of hours, then switched to Jaguar. During the switch, we lost quite a few of us to other rides (with short lines as the park opened). Last year, all 30 of us started on Jaguar together and stayed together.

Still fun and a great fundraising total!!

I posted this on Facebook, but forgot to post it here. Woops.

Team DIS Coasterpalooza raised $7,130 for Give Kids The World!!

The top fundraiser for Team East was Kaleel S. (Carowinds).
The top fundraiser for Team West was Mike D. (Valleyfair).

There are also prizes for the next 3 highest fundraisers:
Kris C. (Dorney Park)
Amy F. (Cedar Point)
David V. (Knott's Berry Farm)

If you haven't already, please PM me your address and we'll get your fabulous prizes out to you.

Thanks again to everyone on Team DIS Coasterpalooza. See you next year!!

I posted this on Facebook, but forgot to post it here. Woops.

Team DIS Coasterpalooza raised $7,130 for Give Kids The World!!

The top fundraiser for Team East was Kaleel S. (Carowinds).
The top fundraiser for Team West was Mike D. (Valleyfair).

There are also prizes for the next 3 highest fundraisers:
Kris C. (Dorney Park)
Amy F. (Cedar Point)
David V. (Knott's Berry Farm)

If you haven't already, please PM me your address and we'll get your fabulous prizes out to you.

Thanks again to everyone on Team DIS Coasterpalooza. See you next year!!

Congrats to all the winners. A big Thank You to all who participated. That is a great effort and a wonderful check for GKTW.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter