GKTW Event: Chicago DIS Meet- January 19, 2014

I just updated the Facebook Page, but wanted to post here too!

We are VERY close to choosing out location.

If anyone would like to help or donate items, send me a PM or email.

I'll be sending out an email soon to all of the volunteers soon. I promise I haven't been ignoring anyone!!

Thanks all for your patience and interest!! We are so excited!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi friends,

I am debating on changing the date for this. A location has not been secured and I am on my own in planning this. I am way too nervous about pulling this event off in 2 months.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

PLEASE email me if anyone is interested in helping. I've tried to respond to everyone. Email is a much better way to get a hold of me as I can't check the DIS everyday.

Thanks everyone for the support. If anyone has ideas, or donations please let me know.

Sincerely,

Laura
Laura.thiesfeld@gmail.com

It's Official!! The Chicago DIS meet will be on SUNDAY, January 19 at 115 Bourbon Street from 1-6! There will be a ticket price that will include food, and drinks (alcoholic and non). I will have more info this weekend, but you can officially save the date! Thank you for your patience and tell your friends! Still looking for volunteers if you're interested! -Laura

Laura.thiesfeld@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Please notice the date change. It will be Sunday, January 19 instead of Saturday, January 18. We will plan a group meeting at the museum for the exhibit for Saturday, January 18. I can secure a group rate and time, so don't purchase tickets yet!! Thank you! Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Also, we would like items for an auction to benefit GKTW.

If you have anything that you would like to donate, PM me with your information:
Name
Email (I promise no marketing!)
Item you are donating

Please do NOT put your email address on the boards, unless you want spammers.

Here is a link to the venue of the event:

http://www.115bourbonstreet.com/

It is kid friendly as our event will be held on a Sunday!

Where are people looking to stay when they come to Chicago? Do people want to stay closer to downtown or closer to the location of the event?
Send me a PM if you've already booked your hotel, or have an opinion!

Thanks all!

I hope everyone has "liked" the Facebook Page! :cool1:

Thanks for all of your hard work so far! For those of us not familiar with the area, how far away is the venue from downtown?

It's about 30-40 minutes from Downtown. It's right off the interstate, so it is easy to get to!

Still looking for volunteers and raffle items. Gift cards, Disney stuff, non Disney stuff. It's all for a great cause!!

Wristband information will be available at the end of the week. I've created a page where you can register and pay for the event.

You will also be able to register for the Museum of Science and Industry-Disney Archives group rate on January 18, 2014.

47 days and counting! I hope everyone is getting excited! It should be a great time! :thumbsup2

Laura - What is included in the museum ticket price? I would assume it is just the museum admission and admission to the Disney exhibit? No other special exhibits or add ons? Thanks!

Laura - What is included in the museum ticket price? I would assume it is just the museum admission and admission to the Disney exhibit? No other special exhibits or add ons? Thanks!

The price includes admission to the Disney exhibit.

If there are other exhibits you want to attend, I would say you should be able to do them, provided they aren't sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!