GKTW Event: 3rd Annual Hershey GKTW DisMeet -COMPLETELY CANCELLED!!

1Grumpy9

DIS Veteran
After some hard consideration we have decided to cancel the entire weekend. We didn't have enough interest in the Friday night social to event going. Saturday's Finding Dory was not coming together the way we were hoping with the movie theater. Sorry to those who were still thinking about coming on Friday as we just didn't see it worth it for 15 people (and 3/4 of them being the committee)

If you have previously signed up, please email the event email address: padismeet@gmail.com to let us know if you are still planning on attending.

Anyone who has signed up, we will refund the money for the Main Event on Saturday.

Any questions please email us at: padismeet@gmail.com.

Thank you,

Hershey GKTW DisMeet Committee

Twitter: @PADISMeet
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DISHHPAGKTW

Last edited:
It's the moment that all the planners out there have been waiting for.... Hotel Information!

As in years past we will be staying at the Hershey Lodge!
The rate is $189.00 + tax.... down from last year!

As in years past staying at the Lodge comes with its perks:
  • *BRAND NEW* for 2016 Indoor Water Play Area.
  • Complimentary tickets to the Hershey Story Museum and Hershey Gardens
  • Complimentary Shuttle Service to HersheyPark
  • Discounted Tickets to HersheyPark
  • Shuttle Service to and from Harrisburg International Airport
  • On site Restaurants, Coffee Shop, and Lobby Bar

To make your Reservations please call 1-800-HERSHEY and use reference number 3044185 or GKTW Benefit Event.
You will be asked to put a deposit down of the first nights stay with tax $209.79.
You can cancel for a full refund up until 3 days for the first night stay to get a complete refund back of the deposit.

**IF you are thinking of coming to this event I would urge you to book sooner rather than later**
This year the Lodge will also have a fairly large convention going on and the park is open that weekend.
When the block is full they can close out the discounted rate at anytime.
You can always cancel the reservation and 100% of the deposit back (72 hrs before first night stay)

The Committee is hard at work planning for this years event.
-- If you have any suggestions please let us know.
-- If you have any questions please feel free to ask
-- If you want to make a donation for any of the auctions please let us know
-- Most importantly if you want to hang out with a bunch of like minded Disney fans and help out a great cause feel free come join us.

All are Welcome!!

Do you know when the booking becomes active? I just tried calling, and they said it isn't open for booking quite yet..

Hi, I'm probably going to book and drive out. Is there anything on the schedule for Friday night (the 17th) or is that just everyone arriving? I'm driving in from Chicago so that's when I'll arrive. Is there a general/tentative schedule for the weekend? Thank you so much for all the work you put in to this!

There will be a gathering on Friday night at the Hershey Lodge. We are looking at something very similar to last year's Friday night.

Friday is usually an evening event, Saturday will be late morning/early afternoon, and "maybe" something informal that evening, Sunday is a day on your own (Hersheypark) or we are working on something else to do if you don't want to go to the park.

There will be a gathering on Friday night at the Hershey Lodge. We are looking at something very similar to last year's Friday night.

Friday is usually an evening event, Saturday will be late morning/early afternoon, and "maybe" something informal that evening, Sunday is a day on your own (Hersheypark) or we are working on something else to do if you don't want to go to the park.

Thank you!!

We will again be offering group tickets to Hershey Park. The park changed the policy and they have a cut off date three weeks before we need the tickets (June 3rd). So, please message me if you would like to be on the list for group tickets. Tickets are valid for the entire regular season. Here is the information.

Regular ticket (Ages 9-54) - $38.50
Junior/Senior (Ages 3-8 & 55-69) - $29.50
Senior Plus (Ages 70+) - $22.95

Just checking, do we have to pay ahead of time or is it just a credit card to reserve the room?

If you pay through the web link, you don't have to pay ahead. If you call reservations you have to pay for one night ahead of time.

If you pay through the web link, you don't have to pay ahead. If you call reservations you have to pay for one night ahead of time.

I called to book a few weeks ago, and they didn't charge me anything. :) I will be paying in full when we arrive.

Glad to see we are getting bits on the new website booking. Looked on the non group website today and the rooms at the Lodge are going for 449 + tax so book your rooms. We need to see as many people as possible this year to kick off this Dis Meet Year and Celebrate 10 years of the Dis Unplugged.

FYI...Those that have been or are thinking of going to Chocolate World on Sunday, Hershey is updating the ride with upgrades and new animatronics, new cars with themes of Hershey's, Kisses and Reese's brands with video monitors. The new ride will debut in May, so our event in June will be just after the re-opening of the ride!! Should be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter