Giving advice to a newbie...

MichiganDVC

Can barely see my Kool-aid bath with these Rose-co
One of my friends has wisely consulted me about her trip in January! I got her to rent DVC points and stay at BLT in a 2BR villa. They will be staying from Sunday night through Friday.

There are three kids: all girls, ages 6-1; Three adults: 2 parents, one FIL.
What important "can't miss" things should I be telling them about BLT, CR, and monorail area with those family dynamics?

But especially staying at BLT in a 2BR. I have stayed in a studio, but not with kids, so I am in need of any and all info about BLT for young girls and families trying to cook perhaps?

Send them to Garden Grocer to order food before they arrive. There is a large selection of groceries to choose from and the food will be delivered right to BLT when they get there.

Also, make sure they have setup Magical Express through whomever they are renting from, unless they are planning to rent a car.

If they need a Dining Plan, that has to be done through the person they are renting points from, also.

For the little ones, make sure they pick up umbrella strollers. For about $15 a piece they are easy to carry on a plane and they are invaluable when walking around the parks. It will save them from having to rent strollers and it gives the kids a comfortable place to rest between rides. You might find that even the 6 year old will appreciate a little rest, too.

I hope that helps.

Denis

Send them to Garden Grocer to order food before they arrive. There is a large selection of groceries to choose from and the food will be delivered right to BLT when they get there.

Also, make sure they have setup Magical Express through whomever they are renting from, unless they are planning to rent a car.

If they need a Dining Plan, that has to be done through the person they are renting points from, also.

For the little ones, make sure they pick up umbrella strollers. For about $15 a piece they are easy to carry on a plane and they are invaluable when walking around the parks. It will save them from having to rent strollers and it gives the kids a comfortable place to rest between rides. You might find that even the 6 year old will appreciate a little rest, too.

I hope that helps.

Denis

Indeed! Thanks! I wasn't sure what their stroller plans were. I think my sister with her 3 kids just brings down the monster stroller that seats 100! ;)

One of my friends has wisely consulted me about her trip in January! I got her to rent DVC points and stay at BLT in a 2BR villa. They will be staying from Sunday night through Friday.

There are three kids: all girls, ages 6-1; Three adults: 2 parents, one FIL.
What important "can't miss" things should I be telling them about BLT, CR, and monorail area with those family dynamics?

But especially staying at BLT in a 2BR. I have stayed in a studio, but not with kids, so I am in need of any and all info about BLT for young girls and families trying to cook perhaps?

Wegoshop.com is another grocery/specialty delivery that will also shop at Walmart, etc. for diapers, wipes, etc. if trying to reduce what needs to be packed for the plane. We rented a stroller from Kingdom Strollers, because we didn't have a double stroller that reclined. We stayed in the parks during nap time (we stayed at AKL, so not as close to MK as BLT). We also brought our own umbrella stroller as that was easy to transport through the airport. She'll love having a washer/dryer if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter