Give me opinions about these resort accommodations

JenboJambo

We're all just children, reaching for our dreams
I had a great vacation planned for August 31-Sept 9th split stay BCV and CCV 2 bedroom. We were taking my parents as a thank you. 17 hours before our flight my dad ended up in urgent care with difficulty breathing due to inflammation from a respiratory illness. With these medical concerns and the hurricane we decided to postpone our trip to Sept 14th-21st. We were able to throw a vacation together at SSR, CCV, poly bungalow, OKW. I want to be excited but I feel way deflated. It's cool that we will get to try the bungalow (goodbye points) but I've been reading bad reviews.... I'm hoping this awesome community of DVC DISers can lift my spirits and give me some input on these resorts and accommodations. Saratoga and Old Key West will be our first time. Poly and CCV we stayed studio before. I'm not sure if I just needed a place to vent or cry but apparently I'm doing it here. Anyone stay in a bungalow? Is Saratoga really THAT bad?

Last edited:
Sorry you had to rearrange your trip. I can see how that would be disappointing. I have not stayed at any of your new resorts but I do want to try a bungalow some day!

Hope you still have a fantastic trip!

I know you are asking for specifics about those resorts, but I would be more concerned about that many hotels in a week. Even if you offered me the best 4 rooms on property, I don't know how thrilled I would be about moving again after the second room. I suppose that makes me a "Debbie Downer" (I think that's the phrase).

This is a recent thread about split stays. I believe they were talking about 4 hotels, but over 16 nights, not 7: https://www.disboards.com/threads/16-night-quadruple-split-am-i-nuts.3767127/

I had a great vacation planned for August 31-Sept 9th split stay BCV and CCV 2 bedroom. We were taking my parents as a thank you. 17 hours before our flight my dad ended up in urgent care with difficulty breathing due to inflammation from a respiratory illness. With these medical concerns and the hurricane we decided to postpone our trip to Sept 14th-21st. We were able to throw a vacation together at SSR, CCV, poly bungalow, OKW. I want to be excited but I feel way deflated. It's cool that we will get to try the bungalow (goodbye points) but I've been reading bad reviews.... I'm hoping this awesome community of DVC DISers can lift my spirits and give me some input on these resorts and accommodations. Saratoga and Old Key West will be our first time. Poly and CCV we stayed studio before. I'm not sure if I just needed a place to vent or cry but apparently I'm doing it here.
It's all about your attitude. Remember you are not going to a bad place, your going to WDW! Keep a smile, a sense of humor and ENJOY yourself. Yes it's a lot of checking in and out, but really, you are STILL at the happiest place on earth - have FUN! : )

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to make the best of it. It's Disney World! It's the happiest place on Earth. I'll always remember this trip.

You may want to request a ground floor at OKW since most of the buildings do not have elevators.

We often travel to WDW last minute and that usually means Saratoga Springs since they are the biggest. It is fine. The major plus is proximity to Disney Springs (we took our 4 yo granddaughter there and she was as happy as if we'd paid the big bucks at the park). The major concern is distance to parks...bus ride is long. Pools are nice, restaurants decent, spa is very nice.

I visited a friend staying in a Poly Bungalow and it was very nice. I would arrange our schedule to be home that evening and enjoy the awesome view of the MK fireworks that night. We stayed in a CC Cabin twice, and seeing the fireworks while in your personal hot tub or splash pool is reall special.

We have taken quite a few last minute trips and stay in SSR OFTEN. I don’t even make wait lists to try to get out of the resort. I especially like the pool at Congress Park and the views of Disney Springs.

With so many moves in a week, I would probably keep checking to see if one move could be eliminated. Points saved would go into holding, so it’s more for convenience rather than point savings that I would be working towards.

pixiedust: Have a great time!.....its great your dad recovered enough to go!

We did 6 nights in a Poly bungalow, November 2018. One of my most cherished experiences ever. We had zero issues with the unit. The units are very well sound proofed. Yes you can hear and feel the fireworks, but if you’re paying for a bungalow you should be watching them every night anyway! And the Electrical Water Parade is very very loud that close, but it happens fairly early. The water pump sounds didn't bother us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!