Girls Only Trip (old thread, link to new thread in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I've figured out when I can go. Whew. Can't go the whole time, but from the 6th to the 8th it looks like I can be there.

Am I still invited? :goodvibes

Am currently having frustration b/c the Alaska CS rep told me our discount codes (from when our flights for December dropped in price) could be combined, but they can't. Each is firmly on our own individual accounts, harumph. So that takes $50 out of my pocket, but on the other hand, the prices are really low right now. 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Hiya Miss Beth! :goodvibes
A poster is a good idea! I'm going to decorate our door too:yay:
This was the poster I had hanging on our door in October. It was just something I did last minute and threw in the suitcase.

DSCF6208-1.jpg

I'll have to put more thought into it this time. LOL Just be careful about putting names on it. I've seen some DISers do that at WDW, but personally I wouldn't.

Well I was able to call DLR Reservations today to ask about Ap9 Or any promos. I was told nothing is usually offered Ap wise in March due to Spring break. I asked what about the rest of Feb- spring break and he said unless they extend the feb one again but no mention of it. Looks like they wont be offering anything once this ap ends feb 12 per DLR Reservations unless the hotel needs the booking boost. The pin code is also again random, and strict. Name and zipcode is attached to it and they ask for it he said. That's all the info they gave me.
Ugh, that's what I hate about booking with Disney. It's worse at WDW. All sorts of pin codes, and add ons. It gets confusing after awhile!! LOL

Gotta run to get my kids from school!!

Sorry Lostgirlz, I'll be thinking of you and your grandfather!

...and hopefully this is the LAST trip to the ortho since she is getting her retainer. I don't know if they still want to see her or not. Guess I'll find out. :)

Tell her to NOT break them. I had to go back b/c I would flip out the lower one (drove my mother absolutely up the wall) and that broke it something like 3 times. Back in '84'ish that was about $90 each time. He finally just bonded a wire behind my lower teeth, for the time I needed it, so I would stop being gross and expensive with it.

Looks like I've added myself to the fray just a bit late! Maybe I'll just stare at all of you while you're eating.

I'll PM back to Beth's ages-ago PM, but just in case you need it here too, IF there's room at anyone's Carnation table on the 6th I'll take it, and I'll be happy to join in at Chip and Dales for breakfast too.

Maybe I should actually buy my plane tickets, yes?

Im strong, I can open a bottle of wine. I'll pop over and we can share. :thumbsup2

DEAL!!!!!

Sounds like you had better luck then I did. :headache: First she tried to tell me she couldn't book for a table of 6, then she said she could but the only times she had were 4:20 or 6:00.

I knew the 6:00 would be too late! So I booked a table for 6 at the 4:20 time. The only potential problem I see with that is for those who are eating at Blue Bayou our seating time is 11:50 and I'm not sure we'll be hungry again so soon. :confused3

Then again, I was only going to get soup at Carnation Cafe anyway.......so maybe it will be fine. I'll see if someone wants to share a meal at BB and then get soup at CC. That way I get to experience BB and still get my soup and not be too full. :thumbsup2

Well, let's see what times Steph, Capri and Debra get. I hope we are able to over lap. If not, we might have to work on that plan B.

Off to get the twins ready for school. Be back later.

For those of you going on the DVC tour there is going to be food at that too (so don't eat too heavy at CC).

OK. I've figured out when I can go. Whew. Can't go the whole time, but from the 6th to the 8th it looks like I can be there.

Am I still invited? :goodvibes

Yay--I have a roomie! Better get your name on the lists girl!

Ok--I am having a bad day. Have you ever had one of those days where you just want to cry? On top of everything else I am having a major issue (at least to me) with DVC--(of course, I keep reminding myself, it's not "major" when I think about my friend with pancreatic cancer in Salt Lake, or Lostgirlz' grandpa, or Tinkermell's stepfather--so get perspective Cheryl). But I just want to cry anyway in general. And then my guide emailed me and said "let me handle it" and I had already called DVC and I think I screwed it up further and that did it. I just started crying. My secretary thinks I'm nutz.

Bumbershooter.... i'm sure there will be a place for you to join them in the meal!:goodvibes
:yay: Yes Yes Buy the Ticket!:yay:

Beth... Heyyyyyyy that's cute! Now i'm wanting to make a poster.. so..we shouldn't put our Disboard names on it?:confused3

aaaaahhhhhhhhh Cheryl... Your feelings are Valid simply because You feel them. :flower3: So don't feel guilty for feeling bad and wanting to cry. I already did today.:snooty:

Can I join Cry Fest too!? I cried most of the night on Saturday.

Hugs to everyone, 'cause really, who doesn't need a hug? :hug:

Looks like I've added myself to the fray just a bit late! Maybe I'll just stare at all of you while you're eating.

I'll PM back to Beth's ages-ago PM, but just in case you need it here too, IF there's room at anyone's Carnation table on the 6th I'll take it, and I'll be happy to join in at Chip and Dales for breakfast too.
Molly, don't worry about Carnation Cafe. I'm sure we can fit you in. There are some on the list, who I'm not sure are going as they haven't confirmed, so there might even be extra seats.

There is one more for Blue Bayou if you want it. I made it for one extra just in case anyone forgot to sign up.

And none of the other's have been made yet, so you are still in time if you want on any of those lists. :thumbsup2

Did you buy the tickets yet? Huh? Huh? Did ya??

For those of you going on the DVC tour there is going to be food at that too (so don't eat too heavy at CC).
Oh you'd be amazed at how much I can eat while I'm at Disney. I'll eat lunch at BB, dinner at CC, snacks at DVC and then be ready for a churro for dessert! :banana: :rotfl:
I'm sorry you've been having a bad day. I get those. We all do. Hang in there. Maybe pamper yourself a little when you get home tonight. :hug:

Beth... Heyyyyyyy that's cute! Now i'm wanting to make a poster.. so..we shouldn't put our Disboard names on it?:confused3
Well, it's not that you shouldn't. I did when I went on the Ladies Only Trip to WDW. My roomie and I had our DIS names on it. But then I read another thread where someone mentioned that for safety reasons it might not be a good idea and maybe they are right. I dunno. :confused3
I probably won't, but it's really up to each person what they feel comfortable doing. :)

Have you ever had one of those days where you just want to cry? On top of everything else I am having a major issue (at least to me) with DVC--(of course, I keep reminding myself, it's not "major" when I think about my friend with pancreatic cancer in Salt Lake, or Lostgirlz' grandpa, or Tinkermell's stepfather--so get perspective Cheryl). But I just want to cry anyway in general. And then my guide emailed me and said "let me handle it" and I had already called DVC and I think I screwed it up further and that did it. I just started crying.

Yes I have had those days. Last couple days have been like that and there's truly no reason for it.

So what happened with your DVC? I haven't read in a few days so if you mentioned it I didn't see it.

I already did today.:snooty:

Can I join Cry Fest too!? I cried most of the night on Saturday.

Well shoot, now I feel like I'm missing out. :sad1:

For some reason all I can think of now is Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own. "Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!"
:rotfl: Cute movie. I haven't seen it in forever!

But there can be crying on this thread if anyone needs to, so go right ahead. :hug:

One ticket down (Alaska, to LAX), one to go (Virgin America, from LAX). :)

Ooh blue bayou is so tempting....

Since I've been reading just in spurts I've missed a lot of the actual planning conversations.

Is the group split with half doing the VIP and those left going to BB? Will there be people wandering around, not doing either? My first thought is to say "no" to BB b/c I would likely only get dessert (mm, dessert for lunch!) unless someone wanted to split-plate a portobello dish with me, but if I'd be the only one a'wandering then that would be sad.

Cheryl, :hug: What's goin on with your DVC?

I've been secretly crying while reading Melanie's (Disneygrl36) ABD trip report. I can't believe how choked up I get over the whole experience. I think a bit of it is mourning the fact that I'll never get to experience it personally (which is absurd because I am so blessed by getting to go to DLR as often as I do!)

Molly, I'm not doing either (VIP or BB), but I am hoping to meet my friend who is local and has an AP on that day so I'm trying to leave it open.

Molly, I'm not doing either (VIP or BB), but I am hoping to meet my friend who is local and has an AP on that day so I'm trying to leave it open.

Good to know there would be at least one wanderer if I chose to not partake of the BB experience.

Is the group split with half doing the VIP and those left going to BB? Will there be people wandering around, not doing either? My first thought is to say "no" to BB b/c I would likely only get dessert (mm, dessert for lunch!) unless someone wanted to split-plate a portobello dish with me, but if I'd be the only one a'wandering then that would be sad.
We have some doing BB, some doing VIP and some doing neither. Don't worry, there's always someone to hang with.
As it gets closer, I'll ask for everyone to PM me with their cell phone numbers and each person who does will in turn get a list with all the numbers so you can keep track of everyone and what's going on.

I think a bit of it is mourning the fact that I'll never get to experience it personally.
Awwww, never say never! Sometimes things happen that we'd never would have imagined. :wizard:

Back at ya! :upsidedow

Yes I have had those days. Last couple days have been like that and there's truly no reason for it.

So what happened with your DVC? I haven't read in a few days so if you mentioned it I didn't see it.

I didn't post the entire saga on here. Let's just say that my first trip "home" had some hiccups, I wrote it off and now it's come back to haunt me.

Aw Cheryl, you can tell us. :)

Sorry, watched Steel Magnolias the other night and am thinking of Darryl Hannah saying something like "I can't talk about it" and Dolly Parton&someone else sweetly saying "YES you can!"

OK maybe it's the viewing of Steel Magnolias that got to me. Hadn't seen it since Eamon and definitely not since R's diabetes diagnosis (gawd he's doing awesome, is now getting morning blood sugars of something like 92, still without medicines), so the Julia Roberts stuff hits me even harder, and of course since my mom died and I've experienced great grief the Sally Fields breakdown hits me mega-hard as well...so maybe it was that that set me off.

Anyone else watch it the other night?

Hi All!

Hugs all around whether you need them or not.

Let's see, what's new. I have a computer test for a possible job on Thursday and I'm starting to get nervous. My Mom found a lump in her breast (which she has done before but it wasn't cancer). She goes for xrays on Thursday too. It's going to be a busy morning. I was going to get my Dad to drive to the test but I guess I'm not now. He really should be there for Mom.

I joined Facebook 2 days ago and I've a ton of friends already. I even actually know some of them. lol Anyway, I 'ran into' a couple people I used to know eons ago. One of them I sort of non-dated in the early 90s...and he's single!!! So things could get interesting. I might even end up with the same problem as TooCherie had...Boy A or B. Woohoo.

I'll update you again when I have more info on any of this.

Later!

Sorry, watched Steel Magnolias the other night and am thinking of Darryl Hannah saying something like "I can't talk about it" and Dolly Parton&someone else sweetly saying "YES you can!"

Anyone else watch it the other night?
No, but I've seen it many times. We own it. I love Dolly Parton in that movie, but I love Shirley MacLaine's character even more. She's more like me. LOL
"I'm not crazy, I've just been a very bad mood for the last 40 years!" :happytv:

I received the cutest Christmas card from Wendylady36. It was hilarious!
Wasn't that great?? I loved it.

Hi All!

Hugs all around whether you need them or not.

Let's see, what's new. I have a computer test for a possible job on Thursday and I'm starting to get nervous. My Mom found a lump in her breast (which she has done before but it wasn't cancer). She goes for xrays on Thursday too. It's going to be a busy morning. I was going to get my Dad to drive to the test but I guess I'm not now. He really should be there for Mom.

I joined Facebook 2 days ago and I've a ton of friends already. I even actually know some of them. lol Anyway, I 'ran into' a couple people I used to know eons ago. One of them I sort of non-dated in the early 90s...and he's single!!! So things could get interesting. I might even end up with the same problem as TooCherie had...Boy A or B. Woohoo.

I'll update you again when I have more info on any of this.

Later!
Wow, Thursday sounds like it's going to be a stressfull day! Good luck to you on your computer test. I hope you get the job. :wizard:
And best wishes to your mom. I hope it turns out to be nothing and she is fine.

Oh, and very neat about the boy toy from the 90's! Definitely keep us updated. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter