Girls-Only Trip ~ Old planning thread, see first post for new link

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know what to say. I haven't been on the boards much this weekend and was so afraid of what might happen. Even though she had been sick for awhile, it just seems like it happened so fast! We are definitely going to miss you, Dawn!!! :grouphug:

Cheryl, I know this is so hard for you, and for her mom, dad, and Bob. I couldn't even imagine!! Like I said, a parent should NOT have to bury a child, it's just not right!!

I'm so sorry for all of you, you've lost a wonderful friend.

I feel so badly for her entire family, I can't imagine my kids losing their grandma. I just told my daughter that my Disney friend has passed away and she remembered the cute gift bag she got from Dawn in October.

I'm in for any kind of remembrance you decide on for February.

Angie

Thanks ladies. Really--I'm fine. The one I'm really worried about is Sally.

I don't think all of you know this--but Dawn has a scare earlier this year with a potential of breast cancer--which turned out not to be--but Sally was very upset and PM'd me that she didn't know what she would do if she lost her Dawn. And now she has.

I also keep thinking about Dawn's little grandchildren--she was such a big part of their lives and how sad that they are going to miss having their Grandma to do so many fun things with. During the last trip Dawn and I had bought a lot of 100 pins off the Internet--we sat in the concierge lounge one afternoon and divided them up between Dawn, Sally and me. Wendy was there too and got some. Most of Dawn's pins, however, were for her grandkids. She was picking out which ones she wanted with the thought of which ones they would like.

Bree & I just got home from Sea World. We just cannot believe it.
MY DL Diva trips will never be the same without her. :sad1:

:sad1::grouphug: We'll miss you Dawn. My heart is with her mom, husband and grandkids especially right now. It just doesn't seem possible. I am up for whatever we decide for a rememberance.

Hugs to all of you amazing women. I am so blessed to know all of you and have you in my life. I want you all to know how much you mean to me.

Sarah

oh my gosh....I just got home and logged into FB and here........My mouth hit the floor when I read the first page of FB posts! I am so shocked and sad to read this news. It is just so sad....I don't know what to even say.
Hugs to you all, as well as her family. I can't even imagine what they are going thru. I feel so lucky to have met Dawn a few times. She touched many lives and will always be a very special person in all our hearts.

Yeah Beth I thought about the people that are new but I thought maybe we could do something in a way that would let them see how special she was. I don't know I just feel like she deserves something really special because she made everything so special herself. I am sure everyone will come together and think of something great!

And Cheryl I feel the exact same way. That was what I was saying in my other post that it seemed like Dawn really took care of her mom and I am REALLY worried about how this is going to affect Sally. In fact Mel I was going to tell you I would like you to send my gift on to Sally. I sent a tea cup with the footprints poem on it as well as a plaque with the poem and I think right now it would be nice to pass that on to her. I would like to see it go to her since obviously it won't be going to our precious Dawn now. I don't know if you think it is still appropriate to send the card I was going to send her or not. I don't know if that would be too painful to read get well cards or not. If you think not you can just toss it.

I def want to send a condolence card though and I will prob need her address again for those that have it and as I said if we decide to go together and get a floral arrangement for her service or whatever I def want to be in on that.

I just wish we all lived closer so we could get together and greive together and remember her!

We just got home from a birthday party for one of Ty's classmates and I am catching up on what happened today. I wish I could say that it was unexpected, but like Cheryl I had a feeling that Dawn was never going to be with us all again. I just hope that she has found Walt on the other side and is talking his ear off about how he was able to bring us all together through his vision for creating family magic. We may not be related by blood, but I have lost one of my Diva sisters today and our group will never quite be the same :littleangel:

I just can't believe that Dawn is gone. It breaks my heart to think I won't see her in December with my mom and Cheryl or in February with the rest of the Divas. She was such a remarkable person and I really bonded with her over the past few years, I am just so sad. My thoughts are with her family and friends during this time. I am sincerely heart broken to lose such an amazing woman. I will always cherish the memories I have of her and the creativity she possessed that touched the lives of so many of us. :sad1:

We just got home from a birthday party for one of Ty's classmates and I am catching up on what happened today. I wish I could say that it was unexpected, but like Cheryl I had a feeling that Dawn was never going to be with us all again. I just hope that she has found Walt on the other side and is talking his ear off about how he was able to bring us all together through his vision for creating family magic. We may not be related by blood, but I have lost one of my Diva sisters today and our group will never quite be the same :littleangel:

I like this. It helps to think of her with Walt. Thank you for this image.

Sarah

I am so saddened that we lost our Dawn, how amazingly tragic and unfair and just wrong...so young and so full of love and spice.
I, too, hoped that against all evidence, that Dawn was going to make it.

I feel so much for her family. If Dawn touched us so much, how will her family go on without her power and Dawn-ness?

I think we should wear an armband, and wear BRIGHT RED lipstick at the PFF and bring her with us in all of our hearts.

We all so loved her, I feel so selfishly empty, but should remember how lucky I am to have gotten even a little bit of her to keep in my memory.

So overwhelmingly awful, I feel my words are insufficient, pitifully.

Be in peace, Dawn. I loved you and feel just knowing you enriched my life and encouraged me to be a better person.

AmySue

I'm so glad we have the disboards and facebook, and can in some weird virtual way, laugh, cry and help each other thru this! I can just hear Dawn now, being upset that we are all so upset and making a fuss over her :) All I can say is she deserves a big fuss!
If its not rude to ask....how old was Dawn? and what was the timeline for this awful illness?

Just saw on FB the news about Dawn. My contined prayers for her family. I don't have much battery left on my iPhone but wanted to post. Kind of strange getting this news while at Disneyland. :(

I'm so sad by this news, so so sad. Along with a few others, I remember meeting Dawn last year in the park when I was there with my family. I just remembered the name Dawn and when I went to the first page here to look at her picture the other day I knew that was the one I had met. Although I didn't know her as well as the rest of you....I did have a lot of PM with her recently about the scavenger hunt since I have still been up in the air about going on the Ladies trip in February. She was just so sweet and kind and understanding. Having that contact with someone just made me even more excited and determined to want to come on the trip. My heart just breaks for everyone right now. :grouphug:

Do you know how when an officer passes away, the others wear a black band over their badge? What if we did something like that? Not black, but something in her favorite color? We could wear an arm band or any strip of material tied around our arms in her memory. That's something we could wear each and every day of the trip.

OR another idea, would be for us to all buy those sparkly Minnie ears she loved to wear and take a pic with us all wearing them.

Just some ideas to think about.

I love both these ideas. The arm band is especially cool I think.....in some wild print that Dawn would love.....or pink.

**Hugs** for everyone. Continued prayers for the family as they deal with their great loss. I never met Dawn, but she impacted my heart from just the normal chit chat on this thread. You've all said such wonderful things about her that I felt I knew her. Thank you for sharing with those of us that never had the opportunity to have a face to face visit with her.
:grouphug: Rest in Peace :littleangel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter