Girls-Only Mar 3-7 - On our way to Disneyland!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the video I took of the hokey pokey if anyone wants to see it too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKd8SwFuPeQ

Love it!

Did you see the guy that joined in with the Diva's?
We had one guy in our jeep full of Diva's on our Indy ride.
I should have my pictures on Shutterfly later today.

The guy who said he had pink underwear on? Toooooooooo much information :rotfl:
There were a few honorary male Divas, lol. There was also a CM when we were doing a group shot in the Court of Angels who was wearing purple who was in a couple of our photos.

Wow, I had such a blast on this trip! Thanks to EVERYONE who worked so hard to make it such a great time! I am making this a priority every year from now on!

Since it is such a group effort, I think it is hard for us to make decisions about anything so as not to look like we are taking over something. What I have noticed is that the longer we keep the schedule open, whether it be dates, places, activities, etc, the harder it is to pin things down. It isn't until we start putting dates and times on things that the discussion really begins as people start analyzing the schedule, and then we can make adjustments. Miscommunications and misunderstandings can cause a lot of drama so it would be nice if we could agree that we are just trying to have a good time and voice our concerns and have discussions without being defensive or offensive.

I love how we invite anyone to jump on committees to plan things and others volunteer to help with various details. Keeping up the thread is a huge job and takes a lot of work for one person. We do need a coordinator whether that be one person or maybe a team of 2 or 3 to handle different aspects of overseeing the trip.

I think it is a good idea to have dates to work around, knowing that it will be impossible for everyone to come at any given time, and make changes if there are too many conflicts. I know we want to get something decided for next year so the Villas can be reserved. I do hope that we will be able to go into the next thread on a positive note though.

I am going to be super busy this week with work and getting ready for an auction this weekend that I am on a planning committee for so I am not sure when I will get the Photopass account opened, but I will try to get to that this week and PM those involved. And can someone please send me the Shutterfly info?

Have a great day ladies, and I miss you all!
:grouphug:

Good morning, ladies!

Those of you asking for the shutterfly info, January, Becci, and Carol, I sent you a PM. If anyone else needs it, just let me know.

Have a great day! :hippie:

Welcome back, Divas! I can't wait to hear/see/read more about the trip!

I absolutely LOVE the shirts Mel did! They're so sparkly and blingy! I'm so happy I decided to get one even though I wasn't able to make the trip.

Congrats to the Royal Brat Pack on winning the Scavvy Hunt!

Loved the hokey pokey video and all the pictures on Facebook.

Beth, can you send me the Shutterfly info too, as well as for the Vegas account...my computer died last August and I lost all my info and pictures. :sad2:

I hope everyone has a magical day!

You're welcome, Becci and Carol. :)

I absolutely LOVE the shirts Mel did! They're so sparkly and blingy! I'm so happy I decided to get one even though I wasn't able to make the trip.

Beth, can you send me the Shutterfly info too, as well as for the Vegas account...my computer died last August and I lost all my info and pictures. :sad2:
The shirts were great! I loved them. :love:
I sent you the info for the Disney account. Let me look up the Vegas info and I'll get the off to you in a bit. :thumbsup2

ETA: Ok, that didn't take long, sent the Vegas account info off to you as well.

Here's an idea--maybe we can ask Mary Jo if we can have "special dispensation" to create a separate account--maybe called "Diva Admin" separate from our personal accounts and based on Carol's suggestion have two or three people monitor the thread? That way it wouldn't all fall on one person to do the updating etc. Or if someone's out of pocket (vacation, job travel, whatever) the other person(s) can pick up the slack.

Personally, given that Steph has three kids, a full-time military job, etc. I think she did a fantastic job this year with the thread and if she wanted to continue in that role as well as Beth I would think it would be beneficial to all of us to have them both continue.

Good Morning Ladies!

Thank you all for the wonderful gift. I truely appreciate it and was not expecting anything. I enjoyed this past year a great deal.

Cheryl thank you so much for opening your villa to my roommates and I. It was a wonderful experience.

To the Meet and Greet Committee, the party was great. Thank you all for your hard work.

To the Scavenger Hunt Committee, WOW is all I can say. You all put so much time and effort in for the enjoyment of others. I know our team had a blast.

Yes I have received Beth's message about her liking to start next year's planning thread. Throughout the past year I felt that I wasn't keeping up on the thread as much as Beth has been able to in years past. I realize that I shouldn't have compared myself to Beth (but it was a struggle at times). All of you on the trip thanking me was very reassuring. I have no issue with Beth starting the new planning thread.

As for the dates I honestly thought that the logic of a set timeframe (ie last weekend of a certain month) made sense. I apologize for not speaking up (louder) at the bbq and for not getting more of a concensus as to the specific time frame. Last year it took our group almost 3 months to recover from the drama of choosing dates. I don't want to go through that again and I'm sure you all don't either.

We all have enough 'drama' within our lives on a day to day basis. This trip is to get away from all of it and enjoy a wonderful vacation with so many great women that have created friendships with over the past 4 years. We have comforted one another when we lost one of our own :-)littleangel:Dawn), when our friends have lost loved ones :-)grouphug:Linda and Mel) and celebrated the births of future Divas :-)goodvibes Katie, Heather, and Deb). Maybe I look at this too simply but I look forward to this trip every year to just relax and have fun.

I hope you all are having a wonderful day.

steph

I sent you the info for the Disney account. Let me look up the Vegas info and I'll get the off to you in a bit. :thumbsup2

Thanks, you're the bestest! :) :thumbsup2 ::yes::

Personally, given that Steph has three kids, a full-time military job, etc. I think she did a fantastic job this year with the thread and if she wanted to continue in that role as well as Beth I would think it would be beneficial to all of us to have them both continue.

I agree, she did a super amazing job! I have no idea how she did it. :worship:

Hello Everyone!

I'm just waiting for more people to upload pictures tothe Shutterfly account :rolleyes1. I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures :sad2:.

Hopefully a decision will be made on who will start the new thread before this one gets to 250 pages :scared1:.

Personally, I think Beth should do it because Steph is such a busy person with her job and family (not saying your not Beth, but you know what I mean). Also I'm hoping that your cousins wedding is in early February and you WILL be making the trip :thumbsup2.

Unless neither of you want to do it and in that case I'll just have to take over :eek: (I'm kidding BTW since I really don't think I could keep up).

Anyways, who ever does it, I'd like to have a new pic on the front page please :flower3:.

Here's an idea--maybe we can ask Mary Jo if we can have "special dispensation" to create a separate account--maybe called "Diva Admin" separate from our personal accounts and based on Carol's suggestion have two or three people monitor the thread? That way it wouldn't all fall on one person to do the updating etc. Or if someone's out of pocket (vacation, job travel, whatever) the other person(s) can pick up the slack.

Looks like everyone posted at the same time, but I concur :thumbsup2.

celebrated the births of future Divas :-)goodvibes Heather and Deb).

steph

Hey what about my little Diva ;). Just messing with you :laughing:. But I totally agree with everything you said and I have the same mind set as you. This trip is my escape and I don't need any additional drama in my life.

Hey what about my little Diva ;). Just messing with you :laughing:. But I totally agree with everything you said and I have the same mind set as you. This trip is my escape and I don't need any additional drama in my life.

I'm sorry. :headache:

There is so much more that our group has gone through that I didn't even mention. Bottom line is this has become so much more than a yearly vacation.

steph

Yes I have received Beth's message about her liking to start next year's planning thread. Throughout the past year I felt that I wasn't keeping up on the thread as much as Beth has been able to in years past. I realize that I shouldn't have compared myself to Beth (but it was a struggle at times). All of you on the trip thanking me was very reassuring. I have no issue with Beth starting the new planning thread.

Maybe I look at this too simply but I look forward to this trip every year to just relax and have fun.
Steph, you've rocked on this thread. I know I've told you that before, but it's worth repeating. :hug:
And I agree, these trips are supposed to be fun.

I agree, she did a super amazing job! I have no idea how she did it. :worship:
Me either! :worship:

Personally, I think Beth should do it because Steph is such a busy person with her job and family (not saying your not Beth, but you know what I mean).
LOL Yes, I know what you mean. While the kids are all in school, I am home free to do updates and such. I couldn't do that if I was working out of the home full time the way Steph was. The chaos in this house doesn't begin until they all come home from school.........then, lookout. :eek: :rotfl:

As for the dates I honestly thought that the logic of a set timeframe (ie last weekend of a certain month) made sense. I apologize for not speaking up (louder) at the bbq and for not getting more of a concensus as to the specific time frame. Last year it took our group almost 3 months to recover from the drama of choosing dates. I don't want to go through that again and I'm sure you all don't either.

I completely agree that having set dates is best - makes it easier for everyone to plan ahead. The question of how the dates were selected was just that - a question to see how the dates were selected. No offense meant - but also certainly no accusations made or drama intended either.

Personally, I think Beth should do it because Steph is such a busy person with her job and family (not saying your not Beth, but you know what I mean). Also I'm hoping that your cousins wedding is in early February and you WILL be making the trip :thumbsup2.

Agreed. If Beth is willing and Steph doesn't mind (Steph - you did do a great job and I know it's a lot to keep up with), why not go with what has always worked?

Hey Divas! I hope you all had a safe trip home.
I'm sorry we missed the BBQ and Cafe Orleans on Sunday. We still had a few things we wanted to see (Aladdin) and we were also pretty beat after the scavenger hunt!
After we headed back to the hotel on Sunday evening at about 6:00, my mom was not feeling well. She got feverish, and chills and was coughing a lot. Unfortunately, she did not feel much better for our trip home on Monday, and we had to make a diversion to the Hospital in Seattle. She was having trouble breathing on the plane, and was shivering. Luckily the flight attendants were amazing. They gave her some oxygen, and found an EMT to take her blood pressure (Which was sky-high). The medics met us as we landed, and took her to the hospital.
I was able to call my hubby, who drove down from our home (2 hour drive!) to pick us up. It was a scary way to end our trip, but it all turned out okay. Sheila was much better after they got some fluids into her, and gave her some antibiotics for the bronchitis in her lungs.
Phew! Well, we still had a wonderful time in Disneyland! We saw everything we wanted to, plus we met a great group of ladies! :love: You were all so welcoming to us. Thank you!
I hope I'll see you again next year!

Dianna - I am so sorry to hear about your mom - how scary for that to happen. I am glad she is feeling better and was well taken care of. Sending you both lots of pixie dust and hugs!
:grouphug:

Hey Divas! I hope you all had a safe trip home.
I'm sorry we missed the BBQ and Cafe Orleans on Sunday. We still had a few things we wanted to see (Aladdin) and we were also pretty beat after the scavenger hunt!
After we headed back to the hotel on Sunday evening at about 6:00, my mom was not feeling well. She got feverish, and chills and was coughing a lot. Unfortunately, she did not feel much better for our trip home on Monday, and we had to make a diversion to the Hospital in Seattle. She was having trouble breathing on the plane, and was shivering. Luckily the flight attendants were amazing. They gave her some oxygen, and found an EMT to take her blood pressure (Which was sky-high). The medics met us as we landed, and took her to the hospital.
I was able to call my hubby, who drove down from our home (2 hour drive!) to pick us up. It was a scary way to end our trip, but it all turned out okay. Sheila was much better after they got some fluids into her, and gave her some antibiotics for the bronchitis in her lungs.
Phew! Well, we still had a wonderful time in Disneyland! We saw everything we wanted to, plus we met a great group of ladies! :love: You were all so welcoming to us. Thank you!
I hope I'll see you again next year!

How Scary!! Tell her I'm glad she's feeling better, but how scary it must have been :hug:.

I really loved meeting you and your mom and hope you'll join us again next year :thumbsup2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter