Girls-Only Mar 3-7 - On our way to Disneyland!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly don't mind the dates for next year. I was just pointing out that there wasn't discussion about the dates with the Divas present, which could be why some didn't realize that the dates were discussed and decided at the bar-b-que.

As a newbie, I don't know that my two cents will count for anything, but here is my thought on the whole "date selection controversy".....

Of course your 2 cents matters :). And BTW it was great meeting you!

I might as well chime in too. I love the idea of set dates!! That was mentioned last year and quickly tossed aside for some reason that I cannot now recall. :confused3

It might have been nice though if more of the group was included on picking those set dates. How should we go about doing that? I don't know. Maybe a spread sheet like Jane did last year. That seemed to work well and make everyone feel like they had a say.

I don't think anyone has any issue with set dates, I think it's how the dates were picked that is the problem for several. It's a large group and I think everyone, both new and seasoned, like to feel as though they have a say. If in the end the dates STILL don't work with what they'd like, well, so be it. But as least no one can say then that everyone wasn't given a chance to have their input.

Having said that, I do like the idea of set dates. Always have. Apparently the dates are now set. I was really looking forward to next year, but not sure I can make those dates. My cousin in MI is getting married in Feb and it could end up being that weekend, so I was sorta of hoping for later dates, sometime in the first week of March. But, it is what it is. IF I miss out again, then I guess I'll have to catch you all in 2013. :)

I'm happy a group of the ladies threw out some ideas & came up with a date that should work for most. We learned last year that voting doesn't work and someone's feelings will be hurt no matter what dates are picked. It doesn't sound like the dates were picked for personal preference, but rather the dates that are the most logical based on this years dates, weather, crowds, holiday's and people's AP's.

I'm in the camp of ladies who doesn't care how the choice of dates are made & as long as everyone is giving enough notice, hopefully they can make it :).

I'm hip with the dates too...doesn't matter to me. The info presented makes perfect sense to me also and the sooner we get the date picked the quicker we can start planning for 2012 :)

I had no idea how the plans came together and don't even recall the announcement...LOL...guess I was yacking to somebody or crunching my chicken and ribs too loudly. I by no means meant to upset anybody and my post about putting all the facts out to the masses, was only meant to explain the details to everybody at the same time and keep the drama down to a dull roar ;)

Let's all enjoy all the photo's and memories we have created.
Another big thank you to everybody who worked so hard to make this trip fabulous :thumbsup2

I'm hip with the dates too...doesn't matter to me. The info presented makes perfect sense to me also and the sooner we get the date picked the quicker we can start planning for 2012 :)

I had no idea how the plans came together and don't even recall the announcement...LOL...guess I was yacking to somebody or crunching my chicken and ribs too loudly. I by no means meant to upset anybody and my post about putting all the facts out to the masses, was only meant to explain the details to everybody at the same time and keep the drama down to a dull roar ;)

Let's all enjoy all the photo's and memories we have created.
Another big thank you to everybody who worked so hard to make this trip fabulous :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2
:thumbsup2

I just uploaded a few pics, including the princess group shot, to the shutterfly account. I guessed by looking at the list that we were supposed to create our own album for our stuff..... :-)
I love your pics too. :) Was there a Mardi Gras theme while you were there?

A semi drive by hi! I just got home and have to unwind but I had to come in and say what a blast the past few days have been.

I'm gonna go back through and see what I've missed but I really wanna know who has the video of me up on stage with the Billies! I now officially have an autographed packet of parmesan cheese ;)

I am agreeing with those that felt the way the dates were picked and announced was not exactly the right way to go about it. It seems like quite a few of us did not hear a thing at the BBQ . The best way to announce the dates would have been to do it here and ask if that worked for everyone.
Of course it's hard to find a date that works for everyone but at least we'd feel that we had a say so.
Also I was under the impression that Steph took over this year for Beth because Beth was unable to make the trip. We all are thankful that Steph stepped up to organize things this year but I thought Beth would be back.

I am agreeing with those that felt the way the dates were picked and announced was not exactly the right way to go about it. It seems like quite a few of us did not hear a thing at the BBQ . The best way to announce the dates would have been to do it here and ask if that worked for everyone.
Of course it's hard to find a date that works for everyone but at least we'd feel that we had a say so.
Also I was under the impression that Steph took over this year for Beth because Beth was unable to make the trip. We all are thankful that Steph stepped up to organize things this year but I thought Beth would be back.

Well Beth just said that with a wedding conflict she just might not make it, so maybe Steph should just keep up with the thread for now. But part way through planning do we want to find someone to take over the thread again in case Beth can't make it and decides that someone else should take over again?

So I tried to do a quick catch up!!

Jessica- we will see you on the next brochure ad for Billy Hill ;)

Heck yeah, you will! I saw my new boyfriend out in front of Pioneer Mercantile this morning with Tina and got my photo and a signed packet of parmesan cheese. That's a keepsake forever.

WHAT? Where? Ya'll are gonna give me whiplash!

Is anyone going to do a TR? I am looking forward to hearing more about it and seeing some pics popcorn::

I love doing TR's and I will definitely be doing one for this trip on my thread that's linked in my siggy. Hopefully I'll start tomorrow since I don't plan on moving away from my computer.

And I love the newest Billy!! :lmao: Way to go, Jessica!! How on earth did you manage to get pulled on stage? I don't think I've ever seen them do that before. How fun!! "You're gonna end up on youtube." LOL!!! :thumbsup2

It's what I get for taking photos! They grabbed someone from the crowd to come up and play the mini fiddle and me and my obsessive-billy-stalking-by-camera skills got me in trouble! I'd never seen them do that before either and was pretty petrified when he walked by and then turned on he spot and pointed at me.

I also got to play with Farley as well after the hokey pokey. It was a day to remember, haha.

Hokey pokey!! That's what it's all about.

I hope this one works
The newest Billy - Jessica
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaS-2nkDJ8U

I'm terrified to watch it!! My dad will be proud though, I'm officially on YouTube.

Well Beth just said that with a wedding conflict she just might not make it, so maybe Steph should just keep up with the thread for now. But part way through planning do we want to find someone to take over the thread again in case Beth can't make it and decides that someone else should take over again?
Anyone can have a conflict arise at any point during the next year. As of this moment, I am planning to go. If at some point something comes up, I suppose we'd have to address that then.
I actually have sent Steph a PM on Facebook and am waiting for her reply. I figure she's had a lot to deal with returning home after a long vacation and will get back to me as soon as she's able. I've made it clear how much I appreciate the work she did.
I love this group, I love these trips, and have put many long hours over the first three years/trips into planning them along with the help of some amazing ladies. After all, these trips are truly a group effort. But I'll leave it up to her to decide if she wants to continue on with overseeing the planning thread. As long as the trips continue, I'm fine with it either way.

It's what I get for taking photos! They grabbed someone from the crowd to come up and play the mini fiddle and me and my obsessive-billy-stalking-by-camera skills got me in trouble! I'd never seen them do that before either and was pretty petrified when he walked by and then turned on he spot and pointed at me.
Haha, very cool. :thumbsup2

Anyone can have a conflict arise at any point during the next year. As of this moment, I am planning to go. If at some point something comes up, I suppose we'd have to address that then.
I actually have sent Steph a PM on Facebook and am waiting for her reply. I figure she's had a lot to deal with returning home after a long vacation and will get back to me as soon as she's able. I've made it clear how much I appreciate the work she did.
I love this group, I love these trips, and have put many long hours over the first three years/trips into planning them along with the help of some amazing ladies. After all, these trips are truly a group effort. But I'll leave it up to her to decide if she wants to continue on with overseeing the planning thread. As long as the trips continue, I'm fine with it either way.

Haha, very cool. :thumbsup2
Glad to hear you're planning to make the next trip !:) Like you said, it truly is a group effort but all groups need a leader.:rotfl:
Here is the video I took of the hokey pokey if anyone wants to see it too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKd8SwFuPeQ

Did you see the guy that joined in with the Diva's?
We had one guy in our jeep full of Diva's on our Indy ride.
I should have my pictures on Shutterfly later today.

Good morning Divas!:flower3:
Hope you all enjoy your Tuesday...it didn't snow today so I am HAPPY!!:banana:

Could someone please PM me the shutterfly login information? I really would like to see your pics. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter