Girls Only Disneyland Trip!! Old thread. New link in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooops. guess I should have read farther. Glad you guys figured out who I was. And yes, I had a hat in some pictures and not in others. I had originally taken it off for the pictures but my hair looked so bad I decided to put it back on for the rest. Sorry for the confusion! I haven't been able to read much at all since getting back but I just wanted to let you know how much fun I had with you all! Sally, Kelly, Rosemarie, Beth, January, Amy Sue, Jane, Heather, Steph, Molly, Cheryl, Stacie, Linda, Brie, Mel, etc, etc....you were all so much fun to hang out with! I hope I will be able to swing it again and go next year! I am hoping to upload my photopass stuff tonight and look at pictures. When I am at work it won't open most of the posted pictures. I can't wait to see them all!

Thanks again for a Magical Experience~

Sarah

I just realized that I don't think anyone took group pictures with the VIP tour or the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour :sad2:

My Jack was so cute when I got home. At 5 1/2 he still has very little verbal skills. When my dh picked me up on Sunday night Jack looked at me and got a big grin on his face and started clapping!:banana: I was so thrilled! He was clearly making it known that he missed me! :woohoo:
Awww, how sweet!
We did miss hanging with you, but I am so glad you got to see your friend again after so long. :)

Kind of a heavy topic though. I don't mean to be a downer on our fun ladies thread. Back to happy stuff!:goodvibes
We talk about it all on here. Life isn't all fun and games, and neither is this thread. But that's ok, because that's what friends are for. :goodvibes

And I know some of you discovered I haven't had a hamburger since before I was a teenager, well last night I had one and I can honestly say I could live my whole life with never having one again. They taste exactly how I remembered. :crazy2: Bring on the chicken strips!
I'm not a big hamburger eater either. Actually I don't eat much meat at all. Mainly chicken or turkey. Do you like the Morningstar products? I buy the Grillers for my kids and with all the fixings it tastes close to a real burger.

The only burgers I really like are from In-n-Out, and even then the last time we went I got a vege burger from there. (Basically all the fixings, and some cheese. Sort of like a yummy cheese sandwich.)

Beth . . . . we're almost at 240 pages !!!!! :wizard:
I know!! :yay:
I'm going to start a new thread today sometime. And probably put the poll up. I've heard from about 28 ladies so far regarding their dates and one month in particular came up fairly often. :banana:

I hope I will be able to swing it again and go next year!
Thanks again for a Magical Experience~

Sarah
You better!! :wizard:

I just realized that I don't think anyone took group pictures with the VIP tour or the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour :sad2:
I saw some of the VIP tour that I think had everyone in it. Like the ones on and near the Lily Belle. But I'm not sure if that was the entire group. And so far I haven't seen any of the WIWF tour. :confused3

Yeah, suuuuure you don't. :rolleyes1 Hubby still tries to give me crud about that game, and for some reason it does bug me, even though I'm really not a sports fan.

re: diet and various diagnosable things... if a health care provider had ever, and only, seen Eamon after he ate anything corn syrup related, he'd be most likely diagnosed with something. Autism spectrum, possibly. I actually read a list of diagnosing characteristics of Oppositional Defiance Disorder and it fit him to a tee, when he was eating that stuff. I think he hit every one on the list.

Disneyland food has helped us hone in on what he can't eat, actually. Behavior after eating a Dole Whip caused me to look up the ingredients and now we know he can't even have corn syrup *solids*. Smuckers Uncrustables should have never crossed his lips, but I just figured "where's the harm in PB&J" until I read the package as he was halfway through a sandwich. I told him about the ingredients (corn syrup AND high fructose corn syrup in it) and he chose to not finish it, then we found an empty space for him to run around in circles safely for 20 minutes or so. There was some other food product that was an "aha" moment at DLR but I can't remember.

I've learned since then that food dyes can have the same effect on some kids. Since more "whole" foods don't tend to have food dyes, I don't know if DS has a partial reaction to dyes, b/c no one is willing to experiment with it (especially him).

Plain old CORN can cause this reaction in some. Thankfully DS can have corn and even cornstarch (that one comes into play b/c it's in powdered sugar, which is what he has on pancakes if we don't have our pure maple syrup with us) without a problem.

I've also learned in the last few months that people have have HUGE reactions that look just like DS's corn syrup product reaction to gluten (it doesn't just make people belly-sick!) and even DAIRY.

Now when I have dairy it heightens my allergies overall, but I don't have a behavioral reaction, and I didn't realize it could cause emotional/behavioural stuff at all until I read of people who dumped dairy from their, or their kid's, diet and found that the behavior disappeared!

So anyway, that's our story. We were just getting ready to start asking questions about the ways that Eamon was behaving when I had my "aha" moment over a DumDum lollipop (20 minutes after having it he was physically attacking me in a very viscious manner). Since finding out about Uncrustables, it helped to explain some very unpleasant zoo trips when he was 2. I was looking through some old pictures and I found some pix I took of my face when he was around 2 and had run up to me, squeezed my face HARD and then scratched the blanketyblank out of it, and I wish I knew what he'd eaten beforehand!

Because we figured it out, and because he's fine without that in his diet, we never bothered with a diagnosis, so I can't say for sure, but especially looking at the ODD list and various other diagnosing symptom lists I'm fairly sure that he would have been diagnosed with something, if I hadn't found that he had a dietary link.

And I think that Heather had noticed some dietary link with her boy, though I forget what it was.

So with some people, I definitely think that diet is either THE problem (like my guy) or A problem, and it certainly doesn't hurt to look at diet, either to solve the problem or help make it better, or at least find out IF it's a problem at all.

So that's our experience.

Oh, and adding to it..the things that DS cannot have are things that make hubby pass out, and they also shoot hubby's blood sugar through the roof. He hasn't had the antibody testing yet to find out what "type" of diabetes he has (waiting for our insurance year to start again in April), but his mom has an atypical type 1 (she controls blood sugar withOUT insulin, even though she's type 1, which is unusual), so I wouldn't be surprised if hubby has an unusual type as well. And all of that blood sugar stuff in Robert's family makes us VERY careful with DS, b/c he has those reactions to the same foods that cause hubby to have (opposite) reactions.

I could talk about this for ages. It's fascinating to me. :upsidedow

Nope, I don't recall such a game...:rolleyes1 :rolleyes:

I am a sports fanatic!! I have boys, so I am sure that they would protest, if I made them do girly stuff...but I could always wish...in some ways I am glad I don't have a daughter, I would be broke for sure!!

Well my goodness that is quite interesting. Its very fascinating.
My sister is type 1 diabetes. She controls it through diet & exercise. Although I never thought that was possible. I thought only type 2 you could do that with.

Here's a partial group phot for WIWF:

IMG_2283.jpg

You're right. The WIWF tour was really disjointed, as in instead of walking as a group we were really strung out in a long line. Some people left in the middle of it, etc. Too bad because it was really fun. The Jungle Cruise driver was great! I think her name is Julie Rae? Funnies one I have ever heard!

Sarah

You're right. The WIWF tour was really disjointed, as in instead of walking as a group we were really strung out in a long line. Some people left in the middle of it, etc. Too bad because it was really fun. The Jungle Cruise driver was great! I think her name is Julie Rae? Funnies one I have ever heard!

Sarah

We also lost a few people at the end of the tour.

Becci I am happy Jack was so happy to see you! My kids were like eh :confused3 ...mom's home...
I am glad you had a great time with your friend & sister.

I saw some of the VIP tour that I think had everyone in it. Like the ones on and near the Lily Belle. But I'm not sure if that was the entire group. And so far I haven't seen any of the WIWF tour. :confused3

There is one in my photobucket folder of the entire VIP group with Verne by the exit after riding the Lilly Belle (sans Donna, per request).

Sarah
Well, when we took our tour back in October, it was like that too. It's hard to really walk as a group. But you had the head phones right? So you can still hear everything.
Who left?? Was it not a good tour? I thought everyone who went on it liked it? :confused3

I was thinking for any newbies next year we'd only recommend the WIWF tour and the Segway tour since both of those seemed to be hits.

I am sooooo over that VIP tour. :rolleyes:

I have the food allergies and have read up on kids that are sweet angels then half an hour after breakfast until just before lunch they are mean monsters that destroy everything in site and not very nice to have as kids. When on an allergen free diet they return to their angelhood.

I have celiac which leads to malabsorbtion which means my thyroid problems may be a result of the malabsorbtion or something all by itself. I spend so much time online reading on allergies and medicine trying to solve my problems. Dry skin is from malabsorbtion or thyroid, lol. I hope this thread continues as there are so many nice people here especially Mary Jo.

Back to my corner now and hiding until I recover from chocolates and chips again.

You're right. The WIWF tour was really disjointed, as in instead of walking as a group we were really strung out in a long line. Some people left in the middle of it, etc. Too bad because it was really fun. The Jungle Cruise driver was great! I think her name is Julie Rae? Funnies one I have ever heard!Sarah

Julie Rei - she was sooo funny! It was funny because just before we got on board, I told some ladies that I had the funniest skipper ever the day before and it was Julie Rei - and there she was again! Very funny!

There is one in my photobucket folder of the entire VIP group with Verne by the exit after riding the Lilly Belle (sans Donna, per request).

Thanks! I just saw that one now - love it! Someone else had posted us on IASW as well, very nice!

Well, when we took our tour back in October, it was like that too. It's hard to really walk as a group. But you had the head phones right? So you can still hear everything. Who left?? Was it not a good tour? I thought everyone who went on it liked it? :confused3

I was thinking for any newbies next year we'd only recommend the WIWF tour and the Segway tour since both of those seemed to be hits.

I am sooooo over that VIP tour. :rolleyes:

I think the WIWF tour was great - I think Heather had sore feet and so she left near the end. I would recommend this tour for sure - but not the VIP Tour. Mark (WIWF guide) explained that the VIP Tour is really for two people - the total DL noob who knows nothing and needs help getting from ride to ride, and celebrities who need to be ushered around without too much "attention". It's too bad that this is not explained on the DL webpage though, because we didn't fit into either of those categories! Riding the Lillybelle with Vern was a special treat though and I loved that :thumbsup2

I think the WIWF tour was great - I think Heather had sore feet and so she left near the end.

Cheryl left a little early too. Then Dawn left to go make sure Heather was OK, but the tour was just about over by then.

It's a great tour and I would do it again. I just don't like those freakin' headphones. That was my third time using them on a tour and I always have issues with them. At times I turned them off, because I was so close to our guide that I could hear him w/o them.

I think the WIWF tour was great - I think Heather had sore feet and so she left near the end. I would recommend this tour for sure - but not the VIP Tour. Mark (WIWF guide) explained that the VIP Tour is really for two people - the total DL noob who knows nothing and needs help getting from ride to ride, and celebrities who need to be ushered around without too much "attention". It's too bad that this is not explained on the DL webpage though, because we didn't fit into either of those categories! Riding the Lillybelle with Vern was a special treat though and I loved that :thumbsup2
I agree. That's what I was discussing with someone.....can't recall who at the moment, that is was for someone totally new to Disney who was like "I want to ride Matterhorn, take me to it!" That sort of thing. Not for people who've been there countless times.

It is too bad they don't make that known on their website. Can you imagine if one family signed up for that and paid $750 to basically be taken on rides?!?!?! :eek: :rolleyes:

I'm going to work on getting a new thread started. We are only 10 pages away from needing to do that anyway, and I'm not sure what I'm doing this weekend, so best to do it now. 'Course I'm probably not doing a darn thing this weekend but hey, I might suddenly find a life. :rotfl:

Please don't post to it until I have reserved the first oh.....say 10 posts, just in case. Obviously we aren't doing any real planning yet, but you never know. :thumbsup2

Becci I am happy Jack was so happy to see you! My kids were like eh :confused3 ...mom's home...
I am glad you had a great time with your friend & sister.

My kids were pretty excited to see me.....I think. They both made me these cute cards saying things like "I missed you a lot" and "I'm happy you're home".

Actually, come to think of it, I think they were more excited about getting their surprises than seeing me. They were like, "WHAT YOU'D GET US?!!!":yay: :yay:

Actually, come to think of it, I think they were more excited about getting their surprises than seeing me. They were like, "WHAT YOU'D GET US?!!!":yay: :yay:

THAT is exactly what my dd11 and ds9 said! They wouldn't leave me alone until I gave them their present.:rotfl: And then they seemed a little disappointed because I brought them home clothes! :confused3 :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter