Girls Only! 3 Generation trip to the World, September 2010

tink76

DIS Veteran
Welcome!:goodvibes
I think I will start with how this trip came about. . .every year my mom trys to take me and now my DD on a trip. Sometimes it is a small trip in the area other times it is a bigger trip. This year we had talked about going to The Dells, or maybe a weekend downtown (Chicago). Then my mom said it. . . "What about going back to Disney World?" Normally this would have been a no brainer. I LOVE all things Disney. We have been to WDW many times and we took a big family trip last year. DD also LOVES all things Disney. However, there was one "thing" keeping me from saying yes right away.:lovestruc
easter12.jpg

We had agreed that this trip would just be me , my mom and DD3. She is a great big sister but we thought it would be nice for her to have all attenetion on her again if even just for a couple days.

I finally agreed to leave DD home with DH and take DD3 with "grandma" and head back to Disney World!

Let the planning begin! :banana:

I would like to introduce you to our cast:

My Mom/ Grandma (and dad/grandpa) last year at Chef Mickey's
DisneyWorld2009.jpg

DD3 last year on the way to breakfast with the princesses
kaia6.jpg

Me (and my 2 girls)
Spring2010015.jpg

Our plans:

I am one of those planners who doesn't stop, even when things are good enough I keep going. So these may change again but here is where we stand.

September 29 (my birthday;)) - October 3
Our trip is short this time but I can't bear to leave DD any longer :) Plus I know we are going back with DH and both DD's in just a couple years.

We are going to be staying at the WL. We decided to use the 40% code instead of free dining and we are staying at the WL CL.

Next post I will get into our ADR's and daily plans. We are trying to fit a lot into this short trip and we are also trying to do a lot of things we have never done before! I am excited to share what we are planning with you and look forward to hearing if you have any ideas for us.

Thanks for reading !

Both girls are napping (doesn't happen very often :) ) so I thought I would take the time to continue with my PTR.

On to our ADR's
We are on the DDP but we are also paying for a couple meals OOP. You will notice we have a lot of character meals. DD LOVED the characters last year and still asks all the time to give Mickey a hug etc. So as I said earlier this is a trip for her and I also asked my mom to pick a place she would really like and she wanted the try the Biergarten.

Wednesday
Chef Mickey's for dinner

Thursday
Ohana for late Breakfast (OOP)
1900 Park Fare for dinner (before MNSSHP)

Friday
Biergarten for dinner

Saturday
Akershus for lunch
Mickey's Backyard BBQ for dinner (OOP)

Sunday

I think we will just use counter service Sunday. We should have some left over between breakfast int he lounge and oop meals.

As I was saying before we wanted to try a lot of new things this trip. Most of our ADR's are new for us. The only one that is the same is starting our trip at Chef Mickey's. We have eaten at Ohana for dinner but never breakfast and we have eaten at 1990 Park Fare for breakfast but never dinner. We have never eaten at the Biergarten, Akershus or Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

Our flight doesn't fly out until around 5:30 sunday so I was thinking of adding a breakfast or lunch for that day but we will have counter service credits left so I was thinking of just going that way. However, if there is a place you think we shouldn't miss or something that would be nice for our last morning please let me know.

I will end with some restaurant pictures from last year.

Chef Mickey's
pluto.jpg

Disney2009047-1.jpg

O'hana
ohana.jpg

ohana2.jpg

Crystal Palace
9522_191330695952_752880952_4125402_5944289_n.jpg

Cinderella's Royal Table
snowwhite.jpg

Sorry some of the pictures are so big. I am having trouble resizing.

Well as I said in the first post I love to plan and replan and I have done it again. We have know changed our ressie to add Deluxe Dining. So needless to say our ADR's have somewhat changed.
Here is the new list :banana:

Wednesday
Narcoossee's

Thursday
Kona Cafe
Chef Mickey's
1900 Park Fare

Friday
Boma
Yachtsman

Saturday
Akershus
Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Sunday
Crystal Palace

The only changes I think I might make are that I would like an earlier ADR for Narcoossee's and I know it is unlikely but I am going to keep trying for CRT on Sunday. (if we were lucky enough to get it I wouold cancel Kona)

We plan to take this trip slow. Not much rushing not worrying about what we miss. We know we will be back soon with the whole family. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter