*Girls DL Trip* OLD THREAD

And I'll hold anyone's hand, and go on any ride. Oh.........except the evil gondolas!! My DD Kaitlyn hates that ride. Said it is the scariest one, she has ever been on. That was enough of a clue for me!! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

How funny, the gondolas don't bother me at all. I think they are kind of fun. Actually I love all the rides at DLR.....except.....TOT. I rode it once at WDW, and now that I know what to expect, I'm having a hard time getting myself back on it.:scared1:
(Just liquor me up first. I'll probably stumble into the TOT willingly then.) :rotfl:

Oh, and I would never ride Maliboomer, but I really don't count that as a real Disneyland ride since you can find those drop towers in just about every themepark.

But all the other thrill rides I LOVE!!!!:woohoo::yay::woohoo:

By evil gondolas, do you mean the Sun Wheel, or whatever the heck it's called now?? I HATE that ride!!! I did the swinging cars with Jesse and I about died - plus we had to spend the entire ride facing a German couple who really should have stayed in their hotel room - all while trying to not slide off the seat and not look down at the water :scared1: Oy, never again!

Angie - the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour is really good and I would recommend that. We did it last year and it was fun :thumbsup2
I've done this tour too. It is very good.

Yes!! The evil gondolas are what they now call Mickey's Fun Wheel. Kaitlyn said exactly what you said. She felt like she was going to fly off into the water, and hated that there was nothing to keep you secure. :scared1::scared1:

I think the great thing about this trip is that we can pick and choose what to do or not do. I am hoping to have more time to kick back and spend time with the ladies this trip and am not planning any tours--will make some of the meals but not all.

I am not planning on doing any tours this time. I am so looking forward to the scavenger hunt though. I plan to spend time riding rides, catching up with the ladies, and taking tons of pics. As much as I love a schedule, I don't want to over schedule myself. I do plan to do the group meals, and the rides/attractions we decide to do as a group though.

And that is what is so nice about this trip. You can do what you want, eat where you want, and if you want to take a break, no big deal.

Gotta love it, and all of you ladies, who make this great time possible!! :grouphug:

aahh Debra.. i'm sorry you are having challenges with your son.. he's a good kid just going through a rough age... you are a Strong Intelligent and Good Mother.. i 'm sending you lots of love through this time.

I'll be on the laid back plan on this trip too.

I was really hoping we could plan a movie night and order in chinese food or pizza or something fun.

Sometimes being the responsible parent kind of sucks! But like I said I can't reward him for being a butt.
I am really going to miss seeing you guys.

Does anyone else bring things to eat in the room? We always do. I like having breakfast in the room each day. Then we have lunch and dinner at the park with snacks in the room later that night.

I bring cheeses and crackers with deli meats for the snacks. Usually homemade cookies and we had the great candy from mixer night candy bar last year!

I hope we do the candy bar again..that was alot of fun!

I know where i am heading in the mornings!!

For all of us not doing tours and inviting ourselves along with Melody to ride the scary rides with Beth......ummmm, I would need someone to hold my hand on TOT.....that is if someone could drag me on it. :rolleyes1

I roomed with Beth and January last year......you know, the room that was more like a convenience store. :laughing:

Yep, others definitely bring stuff to eat and drink in the room. Now that I think back on it, I can't remember if I payed Beth back for buying the snacks and my oh-so-important Diet Pepsi? Gee, I hope I remembered to do that. :scratchin

Beth, can you remember if I payed you back for our supplies? :confused3

Oh Diet Pepis is oh so important.

How funny, the gondolas don't bother me at all. I think they are kind of fun. Actually I love all the rides at DLR.....except.....TOT. I rode it once at WDW, and now that I know what to expect, I'm having a hard time getting myself back on it.:scared1:
(Just liquor me up first. I'll probably stumble into the TOT willingly then.) :rotfl:

Oh, and I would never ride Maliboomer, but I really don't count that as a real Disneyland ride since you can find those drop towers in just about every themepark.

Actually I have never done Maliboomer either. Don't really want too, but I guess I would..... I guess. :rolleyes1

Now give me the ToT anytime. I absolutely love that ride. And the one at DCA, isn't as bad as WDW's. So Capri, I will hold your hand. And no liquor please...........that would not be a pretty picture, if it decided to come back to haunt you, and me holding your hand!! :eek::laughing:

Just checking in with everyone.

I am not planning on doing any tours this time. I am so looking forward to the scavenger hunt though. I plan to spend time riding rides, catching up with the ladies, and taking tons of pics. As much as I love a schedule, I don't want to over schedule myself. I do plan to do the group meals, and the rides/attractions we decide to do as a group though.

I can't wait!!!

Ditto to a tee (well, except the picture taking part, I leave that to Miss Expert).:goodvibes

As far as a movie/chinese food/whatever night, what about Monday night? The parks will most likely close early anyway, right? I would love that, too.:lovestruc

Sometimes being the responsible parent kind of sucks! But like I said I can't reward him for being a butt.
I am really going to miss seeing you guys.
Deb, you are being a very wise and loving Mom.

We will miss seeing you too. :grouphug:

Ditto to a tee (well, except the picture taking part, I leave that to Miss Expert).:goodvibes

As far as a movie/chinese food/whatever night, what about Monday night? The parks will most likely close early anyway, right? I would love that, too.:lovestruc

I think Monday night would be perfect for "movie/chinese food/whatever night".

steph

By evil gondolas, do you mean the Sun Wheel, or whatever the heck it's called now?? I HATE that ride!!! I did the swinging cars with Jesse and I about died - plus we had to spend the entire ride facing a German couple who really should have stayed in their hotel room - all while trying to not slide off the seat and not look down at the water :scared1: Oy, never again!

Angie - the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour is really good and I would recommend that. We did it last year and it was fun :thumbsup2

Oh come on, it's not that bad, I just went on it and screamed, but it was till fun, it's not like you're going to fall out... Have you heard of anyone doing that on the Fun/Sun Wheel?? You guys are funny. This is Disneyland we're talking about!!

I've done this tour too. It is very good.

Yes!! The evil gondolas are what they now call Mickey's Fun Wheel. Kaitlyn said exactly what you said. She felt like she was going to fly off into the water, and hated that there was nothing to keep you secure. :scared1::scared1:

And that is what is so nice about this trip. You can do what you want, eat where you want, and if you want to take a break, no big deal.

Gotta love it, and all of you ladies, who make this great time possible!! :grouphug:

Like Mel said, it's different than WDW. And I think tamer. You can do it, Capri!! And I can do the Maliboomer, just don't prefer to!!

Beth, can you remember if I payed you back for our supplies? :confused3
LOL No, I can't. But I'm sure you did. No worries silly.

Beth - if you can handle Indy (which is a bone rattler!), you can totally do Space Mountain or Tower of Terror. You can do it :banana:
I've done both but I just don't like them. Especially Space. Makes me dizzy.

I understand that many of you have done tours already, I'm a newbie and will be happy with any tour since it will be my only trip without kids for quite awhile. Any other newbies have ideas on tours you may want to do?
Segway and Walk in Walt's Footsteps are both fun. You really can't go wrong with either, or both.

My mom and I will be rooming together again.
OK, I'll add you. Thanks.

Any idea on what time Friday's dinner will be? My mom and I are coming in Friday evening. We want to do Goofy's Kitchen and Cafe Orleans and the Cove Bar.
I'm not sure. But we can talk about it later and try to make it so you two can join us. :thumbsup2

As much as I love a schedule, I don't want to over schedule myself. I do plan to do the group meals, and the rides/attractions we decide to do as a group though.
Same here.

I've even done Maliboomer. Three times I think. I don't like it though. lol My eyes were closed the whole time. Same as on Screamin. heehee

Don't you hate when you go on a thread and ask a direct question and it's totally ignored?? :rolleyes: So freakin rude. Now I remember why I stay away from other threads and stick with our nice one. :rotfl:

I'm pooped. Long day here. I think I'm gonna go chill, maybe work on my farm. lol Have a good evening ladies. Talk to you tomorrow.

Don't you hate when you go on a thread and ask a direct question and it's totally ignored?? :rolleyes: So freakin rude. Now I remember why I stay away from other threads and stick with our nice one. :rotfl:

I'm pooped. Long day here. I think I'm gonna go chill, maybe work on my farm. lol Have a good evening ladies. Talk to you tomorrow.
Where is it? I'll answer if I can.:rolleyes1

What a very long day. I am so tired.

Beth... remember the separate thread that was made to vote on the character meal? I posted early on that one we didn't go to the character buffets because of the problem my mom has with her esophagus. That's why last year go to the meals.
Anyhoo, I posted on that voting thread that we were going to eat at Napa Rose, as my mom could get soup and we could share a entree.
Well i'm going to sleepytown.
Goodnight my friends :upsidedow

I remember, Dawn.:) Any mention of NR always perks up my ears. We have so many threads and trips going on, we just have to try to keep track of it. It all works out.

Sorry you were dissed on a thread Beth. Un-bee-lieve-able! I think maybe people just don't check back after posting:confused3

Night ladies, thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!:banana:
I am exhausted.:p

Just wanted to chime in my 2 cents...

No tours for me this time, just lots and lots of rides and hanging out with the other Divas. I am totally with Mel--everything but the swinging gondolas of death. But there are also no teacups for me--spinny rides and I do NOT get along.

As for the dinner I would much rather go to Napa Rose than Goofy's. IMHO Goofy's is okay, but if I can have NR instead there is no competition!

Now give me the ToT anytime. I absolutely love that ride. And the one at DCA, isn't as bad as WDW's. So Capri, I will hold your hand. And no liquor please...........that would not be a pretty picture, if it decided to come back to haunt you, and me holding your hand!! :eek::laughing:

Oh, yuck, you are right. That would NOT make a good picture. Well, it would make a good picture, but a bad experience. :rotfl:

Okay then, how about a celebratory toast after I ride the TOT again.....if I ride it again. :goodvibes

Deb, you are being a very wise and loving Mom.

We will miss seeing you too. :grouphug:

Thanks. But crap I get to suffer. Oh well, Laramie & I might make a quick trip to Vegas that week instead. Through our timeshare we are able to rent points for 4.8 cents a point. So Hopefully my school schedule and work schedule will work out that we can make a quick getaway.

Oh, yuck, you are right. That would NOT make a good picture. Well, it would make a good picture, but a bad experience. :rotfl:

Okay then, how about a celebratory toast after I ride the TOT again.....if I ride it again. :goodvibes

Yep, a drink after would be much better!!

Good morning girls. I need to read back what I missed. I have no internet at my house right now, until hopefully tonight, so I've been secretly checking the Dis at work.

Tonight, Bridgette and I have a dinner date. I'm so excited! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Courtney... You and Bridgette have a super great time!:goodvibes

Has anyone heard from katie and matt's mom? she posted where she was having surgery, i hope she's alright.

Debra.. big hugs... when it's tough being the parent.. sometimes i would tell my husband.. i need a mommy!:rotfl:

Melody.. so on your camping trip your family had 5 tents all set up together! wow that sounds like such a great time.

Jane... it's good to see you!

Miss Linda.. what are you going to do this weekend?

What a very long day. I am so tired.

Beth... remember the separate thread that was made to vote on the character meal? I posted early on that one we didn't go to the character buffets because of the problem my mom has with her esophagus. That's why last year go to the meals.
Anyhoo, I posted on that voting thread that we were going to eat at Napa Rose, as my mom could get soup and we could share a entree.
Well i'm going to sleepytown.
Goodnight my friends :upsidedow
I remember, cuz I'm going with you!! Woo hoo!!

I am exhausted.:p
Linda, hope you had a good night's rest!

Just wanted to chime in my 2 cents...

No tours for me this time, just lots and lots of rides and hanging out with the other Divas. I am totally with Mel--everything but the swinging gondolas of death. But there are also no teacups for me--spinny rides and I do NOT get along.
Actually, I don't like the tea-cups anymore either. And the last time I went on Mulholland Madness, was not good.:sick: Man it is the pits getting old. I used to love those rides, and couldn't get enough!

You will, you will, you will!! Hows about that for peer pressure. See I can give it back!!:angel:

Yep, a drink after would be much better!!
Yeah..........we can alll go back to the Cove Bar and cheer Capri, and whoever else is a ToT ride weenie!! :lmao:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Have a good time!! I hope she is feeling better!:flower3:

Has anyone heard from katie and matt's mom? she posted where she was having surgery, i hope she's alright.
I wonder too? :confused:

Oh yeah, that does ring a bell. Aww, it must be a challenge for your mom. I'm sure she'll love Napa Rose. :goodvibes

As for the dinner I would much rather go to Napa Rose than Goofy's. IMHO Goofy's is okay, but if I can have NR instead there is no competition!
Well, should we change Goofy's to Napa Rose? :confused3
This year, I am not in planning mode. Seriously. I am along for the ride so whatever everyone else wants to do, is fine by me. Like others have said, I just want to go, hang out, ride some rides, eat some yummy food and just have fun with everyone. Goofy's or Napa Rose. Makes no difference to me. Just tell me what to put up on the front page and I will do it. :hippie:

Thanks. But crap I get to suffer. Oh well, Laramie & I might make a quick trip to Vegas that week instead. Through our timeshare we are able to rent points for 4.8 cents a point. So Hopefully my school schedule and work schedule will work out that we can make a quick getaway.
That would be a nice get away for the two of you! I hope it works out. :wizard:

Where is it? I'll answer if I can.:rolleyes1
Aww, thanks. It's ok. It was a thread on the Budget board about saving money and someone mentioned Oriental Trading for cheap party supplies, and I asked about returning items to them, and no one answered. No biggie I guess.

Have fun!! Jane and I are meeting up on Sunday for dinner and a show. Where are you two going to eat?

I don't know about the surgery, but she posted on Wednesday on the Nov Vegas trip thread that she was going to try to make it on that trip. I too hope she is doing ok.

Yeah..........we can alll go back to the Cove Bar and cheer Capri, and whoever else is a ToT ride weenie!! :lmao:
I want to go to Cove Bar! I loved it there. Last time was the first time I'd ever been. Prior to that, I didn't even know it was there! lol

TGIF ladies!!! Hope you all have a great day. I've got stuff to do around the house, including mountains of laundry. But, what else is new. lol I'll chat with you later.
Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?? :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter