Girl falls over railing on cruise ship ....what kind of world do we live in?

And since it's the great uncle saying they want justice....maybe he's one of those family members that comes out of the woodwork when they see a payout coming. He could be there trying to convince her to sue so he can get a piece of the pie since he "helped."

Regardless of any "settlement" this family will never replace their child, niece, etc.
They might find that out the hard way.

I've been following this on the Carnival Cruise Critic board. So sad. It happened on disembarkation morning. They said she was leaning over the railing in the atrium, trying to get the attention of another family member below, and fell. They weren't sure if she was standing on a piece of luggage to get higher, or on the ledge of the railing.

May that sweet baby rest in peace. So horrific.
Reminds me of the baby who passed away from the alligator attack. Although the responses are more focused on the little girls relatives decision to seek legal advice.
Still another debate on where the responsibility lies and if I recall there was an overwhelming support of not blaming the parents, indirectly. Also a debate on if Disney was responsible for their loss. I believe the family received a payout and that was the end of that. Wonder will the same happen here? No amount can replace these children but may they persevere and find the answers they need.

TOTALLY agree.
I am a vertically challenged woman... Probably not to far from a kid like this in height.
No way....

It would be easy enough to pull up tons of photos of this area on this cruise ship.
If there were not anything there, like chairs or tables, that she were probably standing/climbing on... then on a busy disembarkation... Probably luggage/suitcase.

This is very very SAD!!!!!!
My heart breaks!!!!
But, this family has turned this into a "social justice" money grab, before their child is buried.
Really????
On a different site, a woman put a picture of her 8 year old and her standing next to a railing and no way could this girl just fall over. She had to stand on something to lean over the edge and fall.

I've been following this on the Carnival Cruise Critic board. So sad. It happened on disembarkation morning. They said she was leaning over the railing in the atrium, trying to get the attention of another family member below, and fell. They weren't sure if she was standing on a piece of luggage to get higher, or on the ledge of the railing.
On one of the pages a mother put a picture of her and her 8 year old you will se she had to stand on something. I have no idea what page number it was.

And since it's the great uncle saying they want justice....maybe he's one of those family members that comes out of the woodwork when they see a payout coming. He could be there trying to convince her to sue so he can get a piece of the pie since he "helped."
That is not going to bring them one ounce of piece or closure to the issue. I wonder if the uncle is the one pushing the atty issue.

I googled carnival ships trying to find a good photo of the railing and hit on several articles regarding young children falling from Carnival railing in the past year. I wonder if maybe there is a problem with Carnival ship railing.

I agree. But maybe the mom isn't about suing and he's the one pushing the issue.
It sure is someones idea to get an atty. And if video shows that no one pushed her and she was alone, parents need to step up and take their responsibility

It sure is someones idea to get an atty. And if video shows that no one pushed her and she was alone, parents need to step up and take their responsibility
I'm sure he contacted them. He's there whenever anything happens on a cruise ship.

We cruise all the time always on a balcony and they are not low. I am 5’4” and they come up just about chest high.
I feel bad for the family but don’t see how the cruise ship is culpable

I believe this was an interior Atrium balcony and she fell to a lower deck ..

Its also a world where parents don't watch their young children.

For example, my family recently went to a birthday party for my niece. There were kids there from 15 years old to toddlers - probably two dozen kids total. All but 5 were were under age 8. With parents, grandparents, great grandparents, aunts and uncles, there were 18 adults there. The kids all stayed outside in the back yard, with a swimming pool and hot tub, swimming and running around.

At one point, my wife noticed that just her and I were the only adults outside. All the others had gone inside to socialize. She stopped one 3 year old from opening the gate and making a break out of the back yard. Luckily, no one ended up at the bottom of the pool......

My younger son and I left a similar birthday party early after I fished a drowning preschooler out of the pool. Her parents were nowhere to be found. She was left in the pool wearing ill fitting inflatable armbands even though she didn't know how to swim. My son was sad to leave but he understood when I explained that the situation wasn't safe because the kids who didn't know how to swim weren't being safe. We have a pool and I'm pretty strict with pool rules. I also made sure my kids learned how to swim. They're really good swimmers for their ages but I still don't leave them unattended in the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!