Gift ideas for an upcoming Disney trip

iwasdaisy

Mouseketeer
I know, I'm a planner, but half the fun is planning ahead! We'll be gifting our kids for Christmas a Disney trip in February. They will be almost 6 and 10 when we go. What ideas do you have for gifts for these ages? I was already thinking some Disney clothes, and possibly one piece of luggage for them.

Hmm, maybe A “gift certificate” for park experiences? Like Bippity boppity boutique, dessert party, manicure at Grand Floridian etc. you’d have to make them but could be cute.

Depending on how much you want to spend a small poloroid like camera would be cute. They could have fun with it now and then use it while at Disney.

The answer to this depends on what gift the kids are getting this as. Is it the first gift or the last one? If it's the 1st gift, then get them things they'll need for the trip. If it's their "big and final" gift, then you have to cleverly disguise the other gifts without necessarily raising a red flag.... remember, kids aren't stupid, lol.

The answer to this depends on what gift the kids are getting this as. Is it the first gift or the last one? If it's the 1st gift, then get them things they'll need for the trip. If it's their "big and final" gift, then you have to cleverly disguise the other gifts without necessarily raising a red flag.... remember, kids aren't stupid, lol.
My plan is to give them the Disney gift first from us and then the other gifts would be from Santa because "mom and dad had written him to let him know we were going to Disney. :) But your thought process has me thinking...

My plan is to give them the Disney gift first from us and then the other gifts would be from Santa because "mom and dad had written him to let him know we were going to Disney. :) But your thought process has me thinking...

As I'm sitting here, an interesting way to do final gifts, would be to get them (or all of you) each a magic band and kind of mount it on a Disney picture frame that your husband gives to you.. and you look at the kids and say something along the lines of "what's missing from this picture....... frame?"... aka the family picture from MK, Epcot, DHS or AK (whichever park you want). That'd be a way for you to be even more involved and they'd probably go nuts. Then you could explain how and why it all goes together.

In the past I’ve given pressed penny books, autograph books, backpack/purse for the park (I have a boy and girl), sunglasses, Mickey ponchos, pins of their favorite characters and rides, pressed penny bands, t-shirts.

We are doing Christmas early this year with a trip to Disney World and Disney Cruise in November. DD11 and DS5. I bought a collapsible anouncement box from Etsy that we will give them to open together. I also bought 1 piece Disney luggage for my daughter. Son already has Cars suitcase. I bought Disney themed clothes, penny pressed book, autograph book (from etsy) and a tote bag for activities in the car. We will give them the announcement box first and then have their luggaged already packed for them to find in their rooms. Then we leave the next morning.

A gift card to buy what ever they want, birnbaurm (?sp) has a kids guide book about Disney so that they can read about the rides described by kids. We did this for our twin boys -- we got a large box (dishwasher size), Filled it with Disney balloons that popped out when they opened it. On one balloon we wrote -- we are going to Disney next Wednesday -- because we were actually going down there on NYE. Before the big reveal of the large box we did all sorts of Disney themed items -- they were both wondering why Santa was giving them all these Disney items. We went to 5 below and found Disney socks, t shirts, candies - we pretty much grabbed what ever we found. So at least you have some time to plan and gather items. We did the penny press, which they loved so you can get the books on amazon pretty cheap, print out maps from each park (you can just search online) and give them a bag of pennies and quarters or just rolls from the bank.

Disney backpack for each of them, gift card to spend on the trip, clothes, you can do like glow sticks and stuff as stocking stuffers, special magic bands, I don’t know how much you’re looking to spend but would your 10 year old be interested in a Polaroid? They have some for like $60 on amazon, I love bringing one for fun and they have fun disney frame film

We packaged and wrapped up their plane tickets, lanyards, and some trading pins. We also did Disney shirts and Disney luggage tags.

We stuffed a Disney suitcase with things like an autograph book, Mickey ears, Disney PJs, a Disney puzzle (on our second trip announcement, we had a picture of him from the first trip turned into a puzzle for him to solve), and at the bottom of the suitcase was a t-shirt printed with a stylized Tigger and "My first Disney trip".

We are hoping Santa will be bringing our girls (along with the park tickets): water bottles, birnbaum disney for kids guides, autograph books (the ones with the slots for photos), pens, luggage tags, Disney journals, bathing suits, plane-ride activities, daytime short thin cotton princess dresses (just ordered from Jane), hair bows that match, Disney pajamas, glow sticks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!