GF, CR, or WL? Pool question

taylor1293

Do you want to build a snowman?
Of these 3 options only, which resort pool area is best for two kids age 9 and 2?

The GF, the CR or the WL? And Why?

Plus, if you dislike any of these pools, I'd love to hear what you dislike about them.

Thanks!

Teresa

I think the WL pool area is best because it has that geyser and that makes it look cool. Haven't been to the GF since they did the new pool, but I'll see it a week from today so I'll let you know if that one is better. CR has a good pool too, but I think WL is better. For a really great pool though in a deluxe resort, try Yacht or Beach Club, their pool is great. And if you'll be there while they're rehabbing it, you can use the Boardwalk pool, I hear they have shuttles taking guests there. For me this would be somewhat annoying, so if that's the case I'd just stay at BWI. Their pool is pretty neat too, their slide is made to look like an old wooden roller coaster.

We have not been to CR and WL, but I can tell you we have two boys, 4 and 7, and the GF has two pools that they love. The original one is huge with a lot of room for everyone. The newer one, which opend just over a year ago, has a waterfall and water slide. It has a zero depth entry from the beach, which is very cool for young kids.
I don't think you will be disappointed.

Tom...

As of yet, I haven't stayed at the Contemporary but I have stayed at the GF and WL and would highly recommend GF.

The new pool at the GF has zero entry and a waterslide and also has a jumping fountain which my 2 1/2 yr old son just loves! Also, I stayed at WL over a wknd in Oct. this year and the room at the WL we had was quite small -- shouldn't really fall into the deluxe catagory IMO. The pool at WL though was very nice, just think that the one at the GF was much more fun for my toddler.

Have fun!!

Thanks everyone for your responses :).

Next June we are staying at BWV and have reservations for CR the 2nd half of our trip. We definitely want to stay at one of the MK resorts because we are spending the last 4 nights only in that area of WDW.

The Poly is most likely out because we stayed there last summer and weren't really happy with our room. Though we loved the pool!

I guess I'm just second guessing my original CR decision. I just don't know what to do???

Teresa

Well, I have stayed at all three of these resorts and can't vouch for which a child would like but I can tell you where I saw more children... NOT the CR, I rarely see children here. But you almost can't get in the WL pool because there are so many children. The atmosphere at the WL is fun and inviting as well as relaxing for adults. I love the GF pools especially the new one, the added bonus here is the beach. I know that my nieces enjoy the pools here but they kept wanting me to change hotels so they could swim at the Y/B club. So I know that I probably didn't help but the truth is your children are going to love it as long as you are having fun and they see that... Where every you end up I wish you the best of trips!!!

When I first read this thread I was going to post that you should go to the WL pool, since it's my favorite pool of the three. But, since you said that you LOVED the Poly pool, I'd definately recommend the GF. The pools are VERY similiar in my opinion, actually my DH said he couldn't tell the difference!!!

Thanks Lori. We walked around the GF last year and I thought they looked very similar too!

Teresa

Iv'e stayed at all three and I think that it would be a toss up between the GF and the WL. The GF is newer as previously stated, but the WL hasd a pretty cool slide that the kids really seem to enjoy. I will mention this:when we stayed at the WL, we requested a courtyard view. By staying in one of these rooms we could watch our kids in the pool from our balcony. This was nice at night especially when it got late. We could enjoy the water pageant and maybe a drink on our balcony and still keep an eye on the kids below. Our kids were12 and 14 at the time.
The Gf on the other hand has a zero entry pool and a huge older pool. It would never get so crowded that you wouldn't have enough room between these two pools.

We have only stayed at the CR and AKL. My girls (ages 5, 12, and 13) love the CR pool - the slide is awesome, and it's shaped like a hidden Mickey, one of the hot tubs is in the middle, so it is convenient for Mom and Dad to relax while the kids enjoy a before bed swim. That said, it is not zero entry, so although your 9 year old would love it, there may not be much for your 2 year old.

AKL's pool is huge, and has zero entry, but my girls liked the CR's pool slide better.

I only have experience with CR since we were just there a couple weeks ago. But with the ages of your kids, I'd vote for CR not just for the pool but for the convenience of the monorail and walking to MK. We loved it there. The kids loved staying where Chef Mickey's was (in the mornings when we were getting ready to head out for the day, we could hear the music from Chef Mickey's from our room...it was great!) The pool looked good to me, although we never went swimming (too cold for me). It's shaped like a Mickey head and has a slide. There's a little beach area there too. I don't think your kids would be disappointed at all with the pool. Now, if they saw each resort pool first, then they might have a different opinion...I don't know.

Thanks Mickeymark, CRCrazy, and dizfamily!

You're responses were very helpful!!!

Teresa :)

I think the GF pools would be perfect for you. Their newer pool has a great slide, zero entry, a waterfall .. it really is nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter