Gf at Disneyland

DznyPrnces

Mouseketeer
I’m newly GF, but my daughter has food allergies, so we’ve been navigating food allergies at Disneyland for years now. I know there are several GF options, so I’m not worried about what I’ll eat. However, I’m specifically wondering if there is a GF bread option at the Jolly Holiday? I’ve seen that there are several places with GF buns, but I haven’t seen anything about bread. My favorite sandwich is there, just wondering if I need to bring my own bread or not. Thanks!

Also, any tips or yummy GF things I should know about?

We found lots of GF stuff at DLR and it's gotten so much better over the past 5 years. I have not seen sandwiches though, but you would likely just need to ask. If you make a reservation just put it on the reservation. We have had the GF Mcikey Waffles and they were incredible - so Disney certainly knows how to make GF food but I didn't see much at Jolly Holiday but then again I didn't ask either. The GF bread they served at Blue Bayou was garbage though so just so you are prepared if you choose to eat there.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/gluten-free-dining-at-the-disneyland-resort-a-superthread.3003289/

I recommend reading from most recent posts backwards so you get the most current info first.

http://www.glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com/menus/

On the menu link, scroll down past the WDW listings. Also, pay attention to the dates of the DL menus, some of them are 6 months + old so may not have the current offerings.

To answer your specific question, yes, they can do GF sammies at JH. They use a GF bun as a substitute rather than a GF sliced bread. I've had the tomato soup & grilled cheese and the turkey sammie. Both were really good. I ended up slicing some of the bun off the top to make it a bit less 'bready'.

My favs are;
GF burgers & FRIES anywhere I can get them! I know you can get the fries at Hungry Bear, Smokejumpers, & Red Rose Taverne, not sure about other locations. They do a great GF pulled pork sammie at Riverbelle, a wonderful GF teriyaki bowl at Fortune Cookery, the pot roast (w/GRAVY!!!) at Plaza Inn. And since there's a real dearth of fresh bakery treats for us, Sprinkles in DTD has a lovely GF red velvet cupcake.

Many years ago, my wife started a GF diet. We would mention it at sit down locations and they would send a chef out to talk to her. Took a lot of time and felt awkward. Now you mention GF, they hand you a separate menu. My wife's favorite place is the Storytellers Cafe now.

I’m newly GF, but my daughter has food allergies, so we’ve been navigating food allergies at Disneyland for years now. I know there are several GF options, so I’m not worried about what I’ll eat. However, I’m specifically wondering if there is a GF bread option at the Jolly Holiday? I’ve seen that there are several places with GF buns, but I haven’t seen anything about bread. My favorite sandwich is there, just wondering if I need to bring my own bread or not. Thanks!

Also, any tips or yummy GF things I should know about?

They do GF bread at Jolly Holiday, but it's a bun. It's not bread. So you can get a sandwich gluten free, but it's not bread like they serve with the regular sandwiches.

It's yummy though.

My wife ate at Jolly Holiday on our last trip and the GF bread was really good, she said. What she really loves the most is the GF terikayi bowls at the Lucky Fortune Cookery in DCA.

One of the main reasons we keep doing DL vacations is because of the amounts of GF options at nearly every food vendor there. We're fixing to go to Hawaii and I'm honestly worried about what she's going to eat. It'll be tough figuring it all out.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/gluten-free-dining-at-the-disneyland-resort-a-superthread.3003289/

I recommend reading from most recent posts backwards so you get the most current info first.

http://www.glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com/menus/

On the menu link, scroll down past the WDW listings. Also, pay attention to the dates of the DL menus, some of them are 6 months + old so may not have the current offerings.

To answer your specific question, yes, they can do GF sammies at JH. They use a GF bun as a substitute rather than a GF sliced bread. I've had the tomato soup & grilled cheese and the turkey sammie. Both were really good. I ended up slicing some of the bun off the top to make it a bit less 'bready'.

My favs are;
GF burgers & FRIES anywhere I can get them! I know you can get the fries at Hungry Bear, Smokejumpers, & Red Rose Taverne, not sure about other locations. They do a great GF pulled pork sammie at Riverbelle, a wonderful GF teriyaki bowl at Fortune Cookery, the pot roast (w/GRAVY!!!) at Plaza Inn. And since there's a real dearth of fresh bakery treats for us, Sprinkles in DTD has a lovely GF red velvet cupcake.

Omg, GF gravy? Sounds almost too good to be true! Lol
As long as I can get the turkey sandwich on a GF bun, I’ll be fine. I do that at a few restaurants around here. I am also not afraid to carry my own bread with me, if that wasn’t an option. Lol

My wife ate at Jolly Holiday on our last trip and the GF bread was really good, she said. What she really loves the most is the GF terikayi bowls at the Lucky Fortune Cookery in DCA.

One of the main reasons we keep doing DL vacations is because of the amounts of GF options at nearly every food vendor there. We're fixing to go to Hawaii and I'm honestly worried about what she's going to eat. It'll be tough figuring it all out.

Harmonic Convergence, GatorChris. nDH (non-Disney Husband) is trying to talk me into Hawaii in 2019 (he has a friend there so no Aulani for us) and I'm already freaking out about spending 10 days eating nothing but steamed white rice, baked plain chicken breast, and fresh fruit. I've googled around and it seems like all the GF places are 1- in Honolulu and 2- very expensive!

But then again, he's trying to get me to switch our main 2019 vacay from WDW to staying with a friend in Hawaii whilst DH does his sport hobby (and I watch him). I love Hawaii, but over WDW? Yeah, NO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter