Getting your Disney Ref no from Virgin?

Hobbes

DIS Veteran
OK its been several holidays since I booked with Tricky Dickie's mob (aka Virgin). I booked last week for this time next year with (hopefully) Free Dining. How do I get my 8 digit ref number from them to log into MDE? As I recall I had a hell of a job last time we booked with them and ever since then we have booked direct through WDW. The emails I get keep saying I will be given a number at 60 days and can book then-then one particularly annoying email went on to say "Log into your MDE account now and choose your wrist band colour"-....er WITH WHAT?
So all you more recent Virgins than me :rolleyes1 do you have an email or something top get the number off Virgin?

Isn’t it the seven digit booking/holiday reference that you need to use. It’s 16 months since our last trip but I don’t remember having a problem. I do know I contacted Technical Support about something to do with MDE and they sorted it straight away so it might be worth trying them too. Good luck I hope you are sorted soon.

I agree with pp, our Disney log in ref was the Virgin booking number :)

In the past it has taken a little while for it to work on the MDE system.

My log in ref is also the Virgin booking number (mine's 7 digits). Took a couple of months before itwould work on MDE, but I did book a good year and a half out.

It is the 7 digit Virgin Code, give it 3 working days from booking.

I booked 2 weeks ago-I'm hoping that the issue is that until today (the day free dining officially starts from) I won't be showing on the Disney system. And Deb 286-I know your problem-apparently MDE doesn't recognise holidays at more than 499 days out! We had that problem the other year but a lovely guy told me that at 550 odd days I was jumping the gun! Thanks anyway folks-I want my purple magic band booked!

Mine took about a month to go live last May when it was booked. I don't know why but it just took ages. When I queried I was told it can take up to 30 days and mine was about 29.

Mine took about a month to go live last May when it was booked. I don't know why but it just took ages. When I queried I was told it can take up to 30 days and mine was about 29.
Wow-hope it not that long! I'm an impatient little bunny!:rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat and telephoned WDW on Friday after booking with Virgin on Thursday afternoon and was told by the Disney Cast Member that it would take 72 hours before I would be allocated a reference number. The Disney Cast Member advised it wouldn't be the same as my Virgin confirmation number but instead by something that Disney linked to my booking at Virgin would email me with the info. More then 72 hours out - still nothing, might call them later today.

I've just tried the Virgin confirmation number - and nothing, however, I always have trouble linking these things as my surname is hyphenated and some booking systems have different rules about them so I'm not sure if I'm a Lowbridge-Ellis, a Lowbridge, a Ellis, a LowbridgeEllis, a Lowbridgellis, a LowbridgeEllis or a Lowbridge Ellis.

So my Virgin booking number was accepted by the My Disney Experience app this evening.

I linked the reservation to the people in my app (my husband and I) but now I can't see the booking in the app.

When I click on resort hotel it wants me to add a reservation but it won't accept the one I've got as it says it's already linked now.

Is there normally another delay before it shows up in the app after linking?

So my Virgin booking number was accepted by the My Disney Experience app this evening.

I linked the reservation to the people in my app (my husband and I) but now I can't see the booking in the app.

When I click on resort hotel it wants me to add a reservation but it won't accept the one I've got as it says it's already linked now.

Is there normally another delay before it shows up in the app after linking?
Yes, it won’t show if your trip is over 499 days away

Booked with Virgin on 25th April for July 2020 at the Beach Club, just managed to link my 7 digit Virgin number onto MDE tonight. Park tickets not linked but least the hotel reservation is on there for all of us. I did see a longer possibly 10 digit number somewhere on the Disney site but can’t seem to find it now. :disrocks:

We booked ours on Monday 29th April and it linked on Sunday 5th May so just under a week. Again just the hotel showing no tickets or dining plan, but from memory they show up a few weeks after the hotel .
We did change our hotel with Virgin the day before it linked on MDE , so the linked one is actually from the original booking so wrong but I was expecting that. I am sure the new one will appear in a few days or so.....will give it a month then make a few calls.
We are not travelling until 7th May. 2020 so no haste needed

2017 April we booked for 2018 September and was able to link to MDE via our Virgin reference number within a few days. Disney also allocate an accommodation reference number which you can get from them via customer services and this can be useful when booking ADRs if there is any problem with the Virgin reference. I booked our ADRs bang on 180 days out and our FP+s on 60 days out and only used the Disney number once - all others were fine with the Virgin reference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter