Getting to Pandora with Wheelchair

Kim in PA

Mouseketeer
We have never been to Pandora. We are traveling in June. We can not get a FP for FOP because we are staying offsite this trip, but we will have a DAS for our middle daughter who has autism.

Our 13 year old daughter uses a wheelchair for spina bifida. She is independent, and able to transfer, so we are not worried about that, but I heard the hills leading to Pandora are difficult. She doesn’t like help
with her chair.

So my question is about strategy to avoid walking the hill to Pandora twice - once to get a DAS return time, and again to ride. What else is in that area of the park that we might be able to get a FP for at 30 days? Is there someplace good in Pandora to eat?

Any other suggestions that would help us avoid climbing the hill twice due to a wheelchair and another child with autism would be greatly appreciated.

Kim

You could get a FP for Navi and ride that while waiting to ride FoP with the DAS.

Or, the full party does not need to be present to request a DAS return time. Another option might be sending someone to get the DAS return time and then meet the family in another area. Depending on wait times, this would be my preference.

Enjoy your vacation!

Just to add on to what lanejudy posted. Are you planning on seeing any other parts of AK? If so, when scheduling FP+, I would try to make Nav’i your third FP+ as, even with DAS, the FOP wait time can be long. I, personally, would enter AK, have one member of your party get the FOP DAS, do your other FP+, then circle back to Pandora when your Nav’i FP opens. That way, hopefully, you can do Nav’i and FOP back to back. Tiffins and Nomad Lounge are close to Pandora with good food. Satuli Canteen is a QS right inside Pandora.

Yes, we will do the Safari, Kali River and Dinosaur. We have done those before with the older kids, it is just Pandora that is new to us. Also, our youngest daughter, who uses a wheelchair just joined our family 3 years ago at age 10, so she has not been to WDW at all. We did travel as a family of 6 to Hong Kong Disney.

The Lion king and Safari are kind of close to pandora you can also grab lunch or dinner at the quick service place watch the drum show or look around while you wait for your DAS

We also have a daughter who uses a wheelchair. It’s not the hills to get into Pandora - those are small. It’s inclines inside the queue that are large.
As others mentioned, she doesn’t need to be there to request a DAS Return Time. Someone else in your group can request it - you do it bear the entrance to the Fastpass line.

The one warning I would give is that if you travel from the Lion King area of Africa into Pandora, there is a path along that water that is very bumpy. It’s a long wooden bridge.

There is a thread about getting DAS return time at a Guest Experience kiosk. Anywhere in the park. I'm not sure exactly where they are located but as I said, there is a thread all about it on here. You don't have to go to FoP entrance twice.

There is a thread about getting DAS return time at a Guest Experience kiosk. Anywhere in the park. I'm not sure exactly where they are located but as I said, there is a thread all about it on here. You don't have to go to FoP entrance twice.
Post one of the thread in my signature has the location of them in the two parks they are at

Are these in every parkour just at two parks? We are mostly concerned about Pandora because of the hills.
Thank you!

Are these in every parkour just at two parks? We are mostly concerned about Pandora because of the hills.
Thank you!
Just MK and HS for now. There is no hill to get a return time for FOP or the river ride in pandora . Do not sure what you are talking about could you exsplain

Just MK and HS for now. There is no hill to get a return time for FOP or the river ride in pandora . Do not sure what you are talking about could you exsplain
Sorry. We haven’t been to Pandora yet. Another wheelchair user mentioned how difficult the hills were. I thought he meant there were hills leading to the attraction, but it seems the hills are part of the que.

Sorry. We haven’t been to Pandora yet. Another wheelchair user mentioned how difficult the hills were. I thought he meant there were hills leading to the attraction, but it seems the hills are part of the que.
There are no hill to get to the ride itself ( or ones I noticed) FOP and the river ride are both in the same building with FOP on top of the river ride so to get to the ride itself you will have to go up a ramp at lest one floor ( it might be 1 and a half) there is no way around this. But you will not need to do this to get the DAS return time

There are no hill to get to the ride itself ( or ones I noticed) FOP and the river ride are both in the same building with FOP on top of the river ride so to get to the ride itself you will have to go up a ramp at lest one floor ( it might be 1 and a half) there is no way around this. But you will not need to do this to get the DAS return time

My DH uses a wheelchair only at disney, in our opinion, the FP lane is about 6 miles long...all uphill. Of course it's not really 6 miles, but it is uphill. First time we went in the CM wished us good luck. We had to keep waving people to pass us, we even had a few offer to help us. Second time, DH walked it while pushing the wheelchair. He was exhausted by the time he got to the top. We decide never again. Good ride, but not worth it for the trouble getting to the ride.

By the way, I have pushed DH going up the ramp at star tours. That was two mins long. I'm guessing FOP had to be at least 15 mins.

My DH uses a wheelchair only at disney, in our opinion, the FP lane is about 6 miles long...all uphill. Of course it's not really 6 miles, but it is uphill. First time we went in the CM wished us good luck. We had to keep waving people to pass us, we even had a few offer to help us. Second time, DH walked it while pushing the wheelchair. He was exhausted by the time he got to the top. We decide never again. Good ride, but not worth it for the trouble getting to the ride.

By the way, I have pushed DH going up the ramp at star tours. That was two mins long. I'm guessing FOP had to be at least 15 mins.
Yes this is what I just said the PP thought you had to go up a hill to get s DAS return time then go up hill again for the ride. There is no hill outside the ride where you will have to go to get s return time ( yes there is one going into animal kingdom it self but after this no big hills ) this is why I said no hill for getting a return time and then let the PP know that FOP and the river ride was in the same building and FOP is on top of the river ride. So in order to ride FOP you go up at lest one floor. But at lest the out side ( for the FP line ) has really cool thing to stop and look at if you need a minute to rest.

Thank you all for your help! My daughter has spina bifida, and prefers to push herself, but this will be hard. I have a rotator cuff injury, and my husband is 6’6” which makes it hard to push her chair. Just want to be prepared and do it the easiest way we can.

Thank you all for your help! My daughter has spina bifida, and prefers to push herself, but this will be hard. I have a rotator cuff injury, and my husband is 6’6” which makes it hard to push her chair. Just want to be prepared and do it the easiest way we can.
She will most likely will want some help up the hill so just be ready.

Here is a picture of about halfway up the out side line part. You can see how small the CM are ( they are kind of fair away but this will give you an idea of how high up you have to go.

Attachments

• 1FD5897D-3D6E-4A79-A094-08994C580248.jpeg
    1FD5897D-3D6E-4A79-A094-08994C580248.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 26

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!