** Getting To Know You**

Hi. I literally have no idea where my sudden love for Disney came from really. Around about March I just decided to watch a bunch of Disney movies I either hadn't seen yet or couldn't remember much of them from my childhood.
I kind of realised at that point that I actually really love Disney and they happen to make some amazing films.

So April came around and I had some spare money and I decided to do some travelling and I said to myself "Tom -" (that's my name btw) "Don't think about it, if you could go anywhere in the World right now, where would you go?" and Disney World came straight o my head so I booked and went in May just a few weeks later.

I loved it so much I can't stand it!
I am now a fully fledged Disney lover. I'm going to Disneyland Paris next month to run the RunDisney half marathon and then I will be returning back to WDW hopefully by January to see some more things and also to ride Space Mountain another ten times! :D

So yeah I'm just your average 25 year old male really, I just do whatever I can to enjoy life.
When I'm not endulging in Disney discussions and stuff, I'm enjoying my other hobbies and working.

Anyway what really drew me to join is that being a single solo traveller to the Disney parks, I mean it's awesome being able to go and do what you want whenever you want and plan around yourself... But I'd also really like to meet some friends to hopefully enjoy and experience the magic with.
If it was that much fun when I am there on my own then I can only imagine how much more fun it is with friends. Unfortunately none of my real friends really get it and so they don't want to spend the money and time to go to Disney. And I make friends there but still, would be cool to do some meet ups and stuff.

Hey everyone!

I'm Emma, I'm 25, living in Nottingham and I've been Disney obsessed for as long as I can remember. It's something very dear to my heart and not something I keep hidden. I often say the reason I get out of bed to go to work is to fund my love for Disney.

Huge Disneyland Paris fan, I have visit too many times to count and I'm an AP holder and have been for 3 years running. I've never been to WDW (sob!) but visited Anaheim a few times as a kid.

I'm part of many FB groups and twitter groups too, a huge solo traveller and I often prefer doing DLP alone. My nickname is Disney, to the point where new people at work started believing my last name was actually Disney.. oops.

Hoping to meet some new people who are as passionate as me, and who appreciate Disney for what it is and what the legacy holds!

Hope to speak to you guys soon! :)

I joined a while ago but don't think I ever posted an intro. We took the kids to Disney for the first time in 2012 (well the grandparents took all of us) as a once in a lifetime treat. Well, yes, we all know how that goes!

Went back in Oct 2014, followed by 15 and 16. We are now DVC members (home resort is Beach Club Villas) and in August last year we also discovered Disney Cruises. We are also AP holders for this year only.

In Feb this year hubby and I went without the kids and did three nights at Disney plus another cruise. We are now booked to go to DLP for the first time in July, and back to Orlando in October, for 5 nights at Disney plus another cruise. In 2018 we also have a 7 night cruise booked and when we are onboard in October we will book a 4 night one just before it making 11 nights in total.

Hi

Been a Disney nut since 2003 when we first visited the world with our two kids - 4-7 at the time, stayed at Coranado and we loved it, from there we were hooked, we try and go every 2 years finances and schedule allowing we have stayed at Dolphin / AK lodge / Beach Club and all have their merits.

I am the local disney nut - which everyone is suprised to here as I am a proper "bloke" into cars and sports so not what they would expect. always get the std response - "what, you going again!!!!?!!" They don't get it.

This year its just the me and the wife going, we are doing an Adults holiday no kids - hitting all the best restaurants and a more leisurely pace ( on deluxe dining all planned and booked, staying at AKL. Hitting Universal which we also love and staying for one night at Hard Rock with Horror Nights tickets.

Been a lurker here for ages, also been a podcast and then Youtube follower of the Dis team from around 2010 - also follow other Vloggers / Content producers like Lou M / Tim Tracker ( who I met last trip ) but Dis is my go to ... keeps the magic alive till our next trip.

Flying out on the 14th Hoping the impact of Irma/Jose don't impact too much, looking forward to hitting Pandora / AK at night and seeing Disney springs now its partially complete, looking forward to Universal to and some of the new stuff there.

Also making sure I have more time outside the parks, sampling the hotel bars and restaurants more than we normally would do.

Booked a couple of new things never done like hoop-de-doo, rivers of light, new starwars fireworks etc. review and ohana. Made sure I got all our faves in like Cali Grill ( twice ) timed to watch the fireworks ( we haven't seen happly ever ).

Love keeping the magic alive between trips and listen to Content from Dis on the way into work most days and weekends we watch youtube stuff when we have time.

Just waiting for my Grandson to be old enough to enjoy so I can see him experience for the first time through his eyes like I did my own kids when they were younger. Love it!

Yes we have a Disney room in the house full of all our collectables and pictures, also looking to stencil the deck I created with all my fave Disney things to keep the magic alive.

Capture11112.jpg

garden.jpg

Welcome :welcome: everyone, great to have you join us:chat: Feel free to join in all the threads and have a fabulous time on your trip!:rainbow:

Found the UK section - yay! :). I've been long time lurker but thought it must be time to join! Me & my family are from Lincolnshire, we have 2 young kids (2/5yo) and never been to WDW. Husband and I went to Tokyo Disney when we were in Japan for honeymoon (pre-kids!) but i would love to experience WDW :love:. Planning our first trip for Eater 2019; as Easter Sunday falls late (21st April), im hoping the crowds wont be 'as' packed if spring break is in March. Will see how it works out when 2018 here x

I've been a member on here for years but have never posted in this thread!

I'm Laura from South Shields. I've been hooked on Disney World since my first visit in 2005 with my parents, brother and sister. I have been back 5 times since then and have already booked for 2018.

In 2009 my boyfriend, Steven, was introduced to the magic and also hooked. We returned in 2011 with my family then again the following year just the two of us. It was on this trip where my boyfriend proposed to me in front of Cinderella Castle, of course I said yes.

In 2015 we returned again with my family and Steven's family (first timers!) but this time it was a little different. There was a wedding! A Disney wedding!

We got married on 5th August 2015 at Sea Breeze Point on the Boardwalk, followed by a meal at Trattoria Al Forno and dessert party in the Italy Pavilion. It was the best day and we all still talk about it to this day.

Our most recent visit was in January 2016 with my little sister Amy. We're all big WWE fans and when we found out one of their PPV events was in Orlando, we decided to go. It was a last minute decision after we received inheritance money but it was one of the best decisions we have made.

Next year will be a totally different ballgame. We will have our 22-month-old daughter in tow and can't wait :)

Hi All

As far as my Disney experiences are concerned it is all down to my youngest daughter Rebecca. My late wife Shirley and I first visited Florida in 1989 but just for a week. We stayed in the now defunct Delta Court of Flags and went to Sea World, Busch Gardens and Kennedy Space Centre. The following year we went for two weeks and took Rebecca with us – she was 16 at the time. At the holiday rep’s meeting she pushed us into buying a 4 day hopper pass for Disney (I resisted all the way!) saying “come on Dad you can’t come all this way and not see Mickey”.

So Monday morning we drove from International Drive to MK. I complained all the way about the drive, the car park, the time it took to get to the entrance from the car park and the time in line before getting in. I was still moaning as we emerged from the tunnel into Main Square. I stopped, looked around, soaked up the atmosphere and was converted in about 10 seconds! The rest, as they say, is history.

After that we were back as often as we could make it with Shirley’s Mum & Dad in 91, our two daughters (Rebecca and Karen), son-in-law Mark and two grandchildren in 92, for Christmas in 93, with Shirley’s sister and husband 95, and staying on property for the first time in 97.

We were booked to go in 2000 with Shirley’s sister again but Shirley passed away (cancer) early in January of that year so the trip was cancelled. However some friends had expressed an interest in visiting DW so I came over with them, as "their personal guide" as they put it, in September of that year.

When I met Maggie in 2001 we discovered a mutual interest in Disney and so we went to DL in LA for a few days on our way to visit her sister in New Zealand on our honeymoon in October of 2001. Following that trip we moved to Canada but strangely never visited Disney at all during our time there even though we were much closer and on the right side of the pond. We returned to the UK in 2013 and booked a trip to Disney in 2016 staying at AS-Music. As soon as we got back we booked our next trip which is 3 weeks at POFQ in 2018.

My earliest recollection of the cinema is seeing Snow White for the first time as a little kid and this has been my all time favourite film and favourite Disney character.

Great to be here and able to share stories and experiences with all you other UK Disney lovers! :earsboy::smickey::earsboy:

Hi all,

I am fairly new to the boards but I have been an avid DisUnplugged fan for a long while.

I suffer with an anxiety disorder and depression so Disney has always been my happy place. I have been to Paris 3 times (once with school, and twice with my husband and children) and Florida 3 times (once with an ex, my honeymoon and then my husband and I took our children). There is a lot of love for Disney in my home.

Due to my illness I am unable to work quite as much as I used to. We had to put a better work/life balance in place. What breaks my heart the most is the fact we don't have the disposable income available to go to Disney World/Disneyland now. Having had a recent breakdown, I am focusing on Disney far more than ever in a bid to get better.

I have always wanted to work for Disney in some way. Before children I considered moving to work in Florida for a year but then my babies (whom I was told I would never conceive) came along. Now the dreams have slipped away somewhat but maybe I will start a blog about planning and what not. I guess that isn't something I can discuss on here though (?).

On my bucket list is to work with or at least meet some or all of the Dis team. Unfortunately they are a bit like my friends on my tv just lately! I listen to the Connecting with Walt series and also DisUnplugged as part of my grounding techniques during panic attacks and during times when I need to calm and relax.

Wow, my grammar and punctuation is dreadful here but I just wanted to get it all down.

So as well as me and my odd brain there is my husband. Charming sat on the plane for our honeymoon and actually said "I cannot believe I let you book this for our trip. I hate Disney and just know I am going to hate this trip". So that was a good start to married life! But actually the moment he set foot into the hotel his belief changed. He was converted and is now a pretty big kid when it comes to all things Disney.

I also mentioned my babies. They are 8 and 6, one boy and one girl. Charming Jr and Ella Jr have grown up knowing mum is a bit nutty. As a family we refer to ourselves as DisNerds.

I get jealous hearing of other people's trips and could actually cry when I think about other people loving all things Disney more than me.

Looking forward to chatting more.

Hello all and a very warm :welcome: to all the newbies I have missed in my absence. :goodvibes

Ahoy-hoy Friends,

My name is Grace I felt it was only proper I introduced myself before posting elsewhere. I hope you all have a good weekend!

Best Wishes,

Gracie x

Hi All. My name is Paul. Some of you may know me as PDubbs, one of the hosts of Dis After Dark and may have also seen me and some of my colleagues at the meet up with Pete at the weekend

Hi Paul

Great to meet you. :welcome:welcome aboard the UK Community boards. I shall def look into Dis after dark, I havent heard it before. I was also at the meet, wasnt it great.:thumbsup2

Hola everyone! I'm Domo, and I'm a Japanese mascot that lives in the UK and is (unhealthily) addicted to WDW! I'm new to the UK Community Forums but hope to be ore involved from here on. You may know me from the Community Boards with terrible jokes that annoy people, but I promise to be more reserved from hereon in :)

Hola everyone! I'm Domo, and I'm a Japanese mascot that lives in the UK and is (unhealthily) addicted to WDW! I'm new to the UK Community Forums but hope to be ore involved from here on. You may know me from the Community Boards with terrible jokes that annoy people, but I promise to be more reserved from hereon in :)

Welcome aboard:welcome:

Hey guys! Mild UK DISer here. I first visited WDW in my twenties and was sold! There's a certain innocence about it that was just intoxicating :) Great to find you all here!

Hi There Everyone.

So my name is Mark and I've been lingering around the boards for quite some time now. The last time I used the boards was back in 2015 in the run-up to a DIS-ABD trip. I always intended to be here more after that trip but you know what life can get like.

Anyways, as I say, my name is Mark and I am married to a guy also called Marc and we have a six-month-old daughter Sophie.

My favourite character is Stitch, and the OH favours the villains, particularly Maleficent. I always feel a little bad at the parks because it's so easy for me to have pictures with my favourite Character, for him its a pain. Naturally, Sophie doesn't have a favourite character just yet, but we are hoping that she will really like Rapunzel. Mainly because the song that was playing as she was born was 'I See The Light' from Tangled so that song was both massively appropriate (the second verse particularly) and has become a bit of an 'anthem' for us.

We've visited WDW 3 times together, CA twice and DLP enough times that I no longer remember. We are currently booked to for a stay at AKL (Kidani) - yeah we are DVC members too - at the beginning of September and it can not come soon enough.

I look forward to getting to know you all a little better :-)

Been reading the board for years...

Kirk (35) from West Midlands

Been going to WDW since 1998 when I was a teenager with my family...
Been to DLR twice, DLP several times, went to Tokyo in 2018

I took my family to WDW in 2017 stopped in Port Orleans due to the construction at Caribbean Beach, was supposed to go back in 2019 but sadly myself and my partner parted ways so I managed to move the holiday to 2020.

So now we have WDW for August stopping at Caribbean Beach going with my son and taking my parents...

Really looking forward to taking my son back as he was 4 in 2017 and will be 7 this time around, so he's getting more involved with picking restaurants etc

Hello from across the pond! I'm a Disney World fan and chemist from the Detroit, USA area. 22 year old male here. Love travel, tennis, cooking, board games, biking, hiking, and of course, Disney! I've been to Disney World just under 10 times and to Disneyland Paris once.

I studied abroad for a semester (in Spain) and really enjoyed meeting people from another country, so I thought that I would post here and hopefully strike up some conversations with fellow Disney fans from the UK! Feel free to message me if you'd like to chat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!