Getting to/from mini golf

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering how big of a pain/how much time it takes to get to/from mini golf from a resort? Is there a direct bus, or would we have to transfer from a park?

We're staying at All Star Movies, and we had toyed with doing 1900 Park Fare breakfast, then going from GF to Mini Golf, then back to ASM.

Or, if we went with a different plan and went from All Star Movies to mini golf, and then wanted to go to Disney Springs, how would we do that/how much time would it take?

I'm wondering if it's going to be a lot of wasted time on a bus to try and fit in mini golf. And, while I know it's a time saver, we really don't want to get into spending any extra money on Lyft etc... Any spare money we would prefer to spend on Disney attractions/entertainment etc...

I'm wondering how big of a pain/how much time it takes to get to/from mini golf from a resort? Is there a direct bus, or would we have to transfer from a park?

We're staying at All Star Movies, and we had toyed with doing 1900 Park Fare breakfast, then going from GF to Mini Golf, then back to ASM.

Or, if we went with a different plan and went from All Star Movies to mini golf, and then wanted to go to Disney Springs, how would we do that/how much time would it take?

I'm wondering if it's going to be a lot of wasted time on a bus to try and fit in mini golf. And, while I know it's a time saver, we really don't want to get into spending any extra money on Lyft etc... Any spare money we would prefer to spend on Disney attractions/entertainment etc...

Do you have the MDE app on your phone? Look for the drop down menu about transportation and type all these things in there. It will give you a fairly good idea on what to expect. It's pretty doggone cool in my opinion. When I was making my FPs, I used the directions in it to see how close certain rides were in Adventureland in comparison to the Mary Poppins greet in Liberty Square. All are about 5 minutes from her greet no matter which direction you're going.

If you’re going to winter Summerland, you just take the bus to blizzard Beach. If you’re going to Fantasia you’re going to take the bus to the Swan and dolphin, and walk across the street. Both are easy to do.

It’s not necessarily a *short* walk, but Winter Summerland to Movies is actually walkable. There are sidewalks and a crosswalk.

If you’re going to Fantasia you’re going to take the bus to the Swan and dolphin, and walk across the street. Both are easy to do.
But they would have to transfer at a park. From GF, it would be monorail to MK, then bus (faster route); or bus to DHS, then boat to Swan. To ASMo, best would be boat to DHS, then bus; alternate would be bus to AK, then another bus. Probably 45-60 minutes on each of the faster routes, with reasonable luck on wait times.

It’s not necessarily a *short* walk, but Winter Summerland to Movies is actually walkable. There are sidewalks and a crosswalk.
It's 1.6 miiles. (per Google Maps)

Also, a little warning about Fantasia--they don't take reservations, which Winterland/Summerland doesn't either--but at Fantasia, the wait can be long. The last time I went there in the early afternoon, there was a 3-hour wait, so we left. It's not always this way, but there's no way to guarantee there won't be a wait.

To get to Fantasia, take a bus from a park to Swan/Dolphin. Or walk over from the International Gateway at Epcot, which is a bit of a walk. As other posters have noted, a bus to Blizzard Beach will take you to Winterland/Summerland.

Your first question I think a big pain if you want to play at Fantasia Gardens from GF. You could bus to HS then boat to Swan/Dolphin and walk over or monorail to MK catch a bus to Swan/Dolphin.

May be easier from GF to play at Winter Summerland.

We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter last week. We took the bus to Hollywood Studios and walked to Fantasia Gardens from there. It’s a pretty nice walk and takes about 15-20 minutes.

From GF to Winter Summerland:
  1. Take WDW bus from GF to Blizzard Beach
  2. Winter Summerland is located immediately adjacent to the Blizzard Beach entrance area, follow signage while walking
From Winter Summerland to ASM:
  1. Take WDW bus from Blizzard Beach to ASM
From GF to Fantasia Gardens:
  1. Take monorail to MKP
  2. Take WDW bus from MKP to Swan/Dolphin
  3. Fantasia Gardens is located immediately across the street from Swan/Dolphin, follow signage while walking
From Fantasia Gardens to ASM:
  1. Take boat from Swan/Dolphin to DHS
  2. Take WDW bus from DHS to ASM
Hope this helps! :)

MinnieVan might be fun -- but it also might be more than the cost of the mini-golf!

MinnieVan pricing is $15 + $2.75 per mile.

Do the buses still drop off and pick up in the evening at Winterland after BB closes for the night. Also do the buses go there when BB is closed for refurbishments in the fall/winter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter