Getting to Disney Land from San Diego?

I've never done SD to DLR but I have done LAX to DLR via Uber multiple times with no issues and not too much hassle. I usually log onto Uber/Lyft and fake like I'm going to schedule a ride to estimate what the cost will be.

Use Rome 2 Rio (website), it will give you all the various transportation options for getting between your two points. Not sure if you're trying to maximize time or cost here but Rome 2 Rio will definitely help compare those factors as well.

Probably a train (Pacific Surfliner) to the ARTIC station and rideshare from there. It’s a 2 hour drive so not sure a rideshare would be willing to do that trip at the drop of a hat.
Train schedules are limited so I’d check times and you’ll definitely want to stay overnight, not a day trip I’d want to do by public transport.
I’m sure there’d be a long day bus tour as well but again, I’d prefer to stay overnight.
All the best.

The suggestions in your other thread to fly into SNA (John Wayne) or LGB (Long Beach) for Disneyland (DL), then to fly home from San Diego were good. SNA and LGB are the closest airports to DLR (Disneyland Resort). They are small and easy to navigate. Getting to the parks from either of those airports will be easy and pretty quick compared to a 2 hour drive from San Diego (longer if there is traffic). It is very easy to use Uber or Lyft or a car service/shuttle from either SNA or LGB to DLR. From DLR, you could take the train or a car service/shuttle to San Diego.

With no car, what is the best route to go? Train, Uber or what?
The train will drop you off only a few miles from Disneyland. From there you can take an Uber/lyft or take the bus. The train is also a very beautiful ride. Bonus is there is food and drink available if you get hungry or thirsty.

I wouldn't take an Uber/Lyft from San Diego to Disneyland. It's a really far ride and drivers can get to you, see how far the ride is going to be and then cancel the ride. That could waste a lot of time if it happens several times.

There is car rental on site at DLR. I believe the office is at Pardise Pier. You could forego the car rental for the Disneyland part of your trip, but then rent a car for the San Diego portion. The drive to San Diego is not bad at all, and the traffic in San Diego is no where near as bad as Los Angeles. It is not hard to drive in that area at all.

Outside of a car, I would take the train. We were in Los Angeles last week and one of our drivers said that the farthest trip he ever had was from the DLR area to San Diego. He did say a lot of drivers will reject the 2 hour trip, but that some will take it. My guess is an uber from DLR to San Diego one way would probably be around $150. If you need an Uber XL due to luggage, I bet it is closer to $200. For those prices, you might as well rent a car, especially if you are driving back for your flight home.

We typically spend 5 days at DLR and then go south to the San Diego area. We usually rent a car for that portion of the trip. We typically drive back to SNA to fly home. That is because we have friends that live about 30 miles north of San Diego, so we usually stay in that area. From there is it not that much of a difference to just go back to SNA and the car rental can be cheaper if you return to the same place instead of a different drop off.

I just did this on Friday - I had a car service pick us up at San Diego hotel - I called the hotel to see who the concierge recommended. The car service was $225 including gratuity

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!