Getting the Flu is no Fun, But Getting it at WDW is Worse

tex1989

DIS Veteran
So got back Saturday from a trip to WDW that started the previous Saturday. Wife and I for her birthday week. We have been over 50 times and have AP's and love going. Tuesday was her Birthday and we had reservations for BOG.
Ate at Tokyo Dining Saturday night after a FP on Frozen, did AK on Sunday, Epcot on Monday and MK on Tuesday. Crowded but manageable staying at PoP. Loved the Skyliner, they were great for getting around. Anyway by Tuesday night I started feeling not so well and by Wednesday night I was taken by ambulance to Celebration Hospital ER, weak, dehydrated and feeling terrible. We spent Thursday in the room most of the day and my wife came down with the flu as well. We had the Dr come to the room Wednesday night and that was a pretty cool service. by Friday morning we were worried we would feel rotten on Saturday and they would not let us on the plane to go home. That plus the walls of the room were closing in on us. So we rented a car started driving Friday and stayed in Mobile Friday night and arrived home south of Houston Saturday around 4.

What we learned:
1. According to a CM who said he has worked at Disney for 35 years and works the skyliner now and has since they opened Thursday was the first time they had been closed due to high winds. They did not run from the afternoon for the rest of the day.
2. Celebration Hospital is a pretty okay place with really friendly folks.
3'. (This is gross so if gross stuff bugs you stop reading) During Flu season riding roller coasters can be dangerous. If you get the Flu you always ask yourself, "when do you think you got it?" Well here is the gross part. We rode EE Sunday and after the backwards part and stopping to watch the Yeti tear up some tracks you take off and have you picture taken. As we came out of that past the picture we felt like we got a mist of water in our face. Thought it must be from the waterfall and the wind blowing some mist our way. When we got off the ride I asked my wife about it and she said yeah I felt that. Then I looked at her jacket and the were small pieces of what appeared to be throw up on her. Yeah someone did not full blown throw up but definately let some go that was vaporized and basically sprayed the whole train behind them.

But we are alive, home, still feeling a little weak and sorry we lost basically three days of our trip.

But we head back for a week at the end of March and should be healed up and ready to go and make up for lost time.

Yikes! I would have been running to the nearest first aid station to be decontaminated!
May you havee a healthier trip in March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter