Getting local currency on Northern Europe cruise?

Why not call DCL and ask. In 2012 we were able to exchange money onboard to Euros if we needed to. All ports visiting used Euros on this particular cruise. Not sure if anything has changed in 7 years but always best to ask the source as to the current rule.
This is the time my TA’s assistance comes into play. I will email her about this inquiry.

:thanks:

Why not call DCL and ask. In 2012 we were able to exchange money onboard to Euros if we needed to. All ports visiting used Euros on this particular cruise. Not sure if anything has changed in 7 years but always best to ask the source as to the current rule.

Normally, this would be great advice. We did call them last year, and they told my DH that they would have GBP and some Kroner, but they didn't. All they had were Euros, and they told us they never had anything other than that. So even if you call, I wouldn't count on it. It was a minor annoyance only, since we honestly didn't need to use any currency until we needed to pay for a private tour in Scotland.

What would I do?

Well if I were flying into Heathrow I would order some Norwegian krone from travelex to pick up at the airport and have it ready for that part of the trip because I know I could spend it when "on my own." I would not worry about the Danish day until I got off the boat and ask the tour guide what is best to do bearing in mind you like to tip for good service, not that you're explaining why you have no change. If they are worth tipping they will answer you in a way that doesn't make you feel stupid or rude. Take some dollars in case they do accept those, be ready to pop to a cash point if an opportunity arises but most importantly don't worry. You're on holiday. You've booked a tour to make things easier not more complicated.

I've seen buskers use contactless things to make it easier to get money. If I worked with tourists I'd set up apple pay, PayPal, anything that would make it easier. They might not be of the same mindset though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts