Getting from T3 to T2 at CDG Airport

Becky999

Earning My Ears
Hi Can anybody please tell me how easy with 2 kids in tow it would be to get from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2, for the TGV train.

Also how long it would take to get from T3 to T2.

Or do you think its quicker to get on the VEA Shuttle to get to Hotel Cheyenne.

Any information on this would be great.

:earseek:

Hi,

its quite easy :sunny: go out of T3 turn to the right and walk along the way under the tunnel and you will be at the bus stop. Take Bus # 5 and it will stop at the TGV station. The busses runs frequently guess every 5 minutes and it takes about 10 minutes to reach the TGV station. So it will be much quicker than the VEA.

Greats Renate

Hi Thanks for the information. It sound pretty easy to get to the station.

Do you know if you have to make a reservation for the train. Not sure how long it will take to get the luggage, so don't want to book a time. The plane lands at 17.15 on Monday 23rd May.

Becky

:cheer2:

How old are you kids? I've gone from T3 to T1 to catch the VEA shutttle with just one 2 year old and the suitcases AND the pushchair - it was a bit of a pain to say the least! With two small children I am now SO grateful you can get on the VEA at T3!!

I would definitely advise not changing terminals and using the VEA if your children are small, but otherwise here is a good site for checking TGV times and booking tickets.

I haven't ever used the TGV but I've been told you can prebook the tickets in advance, but the tickets are totally flexible and can be changed for an earlier or later train at the station easily at no extra cost.

Hi,
I would definately suggest looking at the website Bexx has recommended to make sure you don't have to wait too long for the TGV.
I also looked into the possibility of the TGV instead of the VEA bus but discovered that I would have to wait over an hour for the train-they are not always frequent.
BTW I'm staying at Cheyenne too.:teeth:

Hi Becky999

I've no advice for you but I did want to say, welcome to the Disboards!
If you have any more questions, ask away. Someone on here usually has the answer :teeth:

Cheers

Karen

I'm sorry Becky999 - I don't know where my manners went!! I should have added "Welcome to the DIS" :wave2:

Hi Becky999

welcome to the best DIS board ;)

You've picked a great themed hotel in Cheyenne.

Any questions ask away, we are a friendly bunch :grouphug:

Reid

Just one more vote for taking the VEA directly from your terminal, since this hasn't been mentioned yet: The VEA takes you right to the door of the Hotel Cheyenne. Don't forget that if you do go to the bother of changing terminals and getting the timing down just right for the train, even though granted the ride on the train is short, you end up at the main station at Disneyland and you STILL have the journey from there to the hotel. There will be a free shuttle to the hotel, but with kids and luggage, I still feel it's a hassle to drag all those people and bags onto yet ANOTHER form of transportation to finally get to your hotel... So my feeling is that while the TGV is a short journey in and of itself, it entails THREE journeys - 1)from one terminal to the other at CDG 2)the train and 3)the shuttle to Cheyenne... making it just not worth the few extra minutes you may save. (And you may not save any minutes at all, since the trains do not run anywhere near as regularly as the VEA.
So that was my long-winded two cents!!! However you do get there.. I wish you a glorious time at DLP!!!
:Pinkbounc :banana: :Pinkbounc

Hi Everybody

Thanks for all your help.

Have come to the conclusion it will be easier to get the VEA, as I don't think the train will save enough time to be worth the hassle.

I have a typical ladies question now. Is there a hairdryer in the room at the Cheyenne?

Also do you have to book a time for Breakfast? I will arrive at the hotel quite late and hope I don't get a really late time slot.

One more question, what are the queues likely to be like on the 23rd - 27th May?

Many Thanks
Becky

:Pinkbounc

Although they don't have hairdryers in the rooms at Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay I know you can just ask housekeeping for one. I assume it's the same at the Cheyenne - but maybe someone else can confirm it.

Checking your dates, you are visiting midweek, during both French and English term times, so I would expect queues to be minimal. Again someone else may know differently!!!

Can't really help about the breakfast - sorry!!

Hi again Becky,

It may be a good idea to start a new thread with each of your other questions as you are likely to get more responses then :)

Cheers

Karen

I've just checked the brochure and according to that, hairdryers ARE available on request at the Cheyenne.

We are flying into CDG via Continental from Newark NJ. Does the VEA bus stop at every terminal. I don't know what terminal Continental uses.
We will have 2 medium suitcases each and one carryon each. We are going on a 10 day cruise from Southampton after our 3 night stay at the Hotel New York. We arrive in CDG on 5/18/05.
Would like the least amout of walking for DH (age 60) to the transport to DLP.
Michele

We took the VEA to the Cheyenne last year and as Jody said you get dropped off just outside reception at the hotel, the shuttle buses from the park can be pretty chaotic at park closing time I don't think I'd want to attempt trying to negotiate 2 little ones and suitcases onto one of them.
We checked in at about 3.30pm and had a choice of breakfast times - the Cheyenne is lovely - the kids will think it's great, have a wonderful time :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter