Getting from Ohana to AS Music at 10PMish

Razorback

Mouseketeer
We have a 9PM ADR at Ohanas. Magic Kingdom closes at 9PM. Will it be possible to get from Ohanas back to MK to catch a bus back to AS Music? Do the boats and monorail still run from Ohana to MK at 10-10:30ish?

I'm glad you asked ... I was wondering the same thing myself. We have 9:20 PM at 'Ohana's and have to get back to Yacht Club.
Wondering if I can monorail it or bus it?

There has been a general rule that buses heading back to a park that is closing do not pick up guests. Exceptions have occurred, for example taking a guest back to a park to retrieve a car in the parking lot.

Due to the way buses are scheduled and routed, there might not be any buses from a particular resort to a particular park that is closing. A "long" ride from a resort to a park is more likely to be in this category since the bus is more likely to go to a "nearby" park for its next destination and pickup..

Last edited:

You can transfer at disney springs that late. When we have left ohana late like that, you couldn't get to MK because the monorail was closed.

Both
I was quoting official Disney policy from their wevbsite. View attachment 467269
Both Joelkfla and I were bus drivers, I think we got this one right.

Park to resort buses always run until the park is clear of day guests. That is anywhere from 2-3 hours after official park closing. Getting to MK if it closed at 9pm could be an issue as the monorail does shut down about an hour after park close, but if the resort monorail is running, hop on it and then you can catch a bus.

You do have the option of catching a bus to DS and then to your resort from DS.

Published policy and actual policy are 2 different things. Published policy also says buses in the morning start 1 hour before park opening. Actual practice is that buses normally start at 0630 except for when a park opens early, like Studio's is doing now. Then the buses start at 0530.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!