Getting fast passes 3 days in advance (or less)

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
I am not going to be able to buy our tickets until about 3 days before our first park day. We go about once a year so I am not stressing too much....but....what has been your experience booking FPs about 3 - 4 days before you go to the parks? We will be there June 3 and 4.

We are going to MK one day and HWS the other day.

We'd like to get Fps for stuff like Space Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Tea Cups, Thunder Mountain, or some kind of character meet and greet in MK. As for HWS, we'd love to FP Rocking Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror....

If you go about once per year, you know the game. There is so much same day fluidity with FP+ and the attractions you are looking for are pretty easy. Check when you get your tickets but you'll have more luck the morning of.

I couldn't get a fastpass for Frozen Ever After before we left so we hopped in the very long standby line and checked for one while we were waiting in the line and snagged one for 2 hours later. Out of the line we went. I know we were in Epcot at that time but I got fastpasses for the rides you are looking for on the same day. Just keep checking. I'm sure you will get some just need to be flexible with changing things.

Last edited:
Last trip that included park tickets, we had better luck getting awesome FPs the morning of than I did booking them in advance. I've also had pretty decent luck getting the "next" FP after the initial 3, even in busier park times (summer) - I realize it's totally luck of the draw, so I would keep expectations reasonable ... but also keep checking and be hopeful. :)

We'd like to get Fps for stuff like Space Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Tea Cups, Thunder Mountain, or some kind of character meet and greet in MK. As for HWS, we'd love to FP Rocking Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror....

Thunder Mountain, Character Meet & Greets and Space Mountain will likely be the hardest ones to find.

I would not book a FastPass for the TeaCup ride. Ever. It's a waste. The longest that wait time is, is like 20 minutes.

For the rest of the FastPasses 3-4 days is plenty of time.
Choose what you can when you can and then check in periodically to make adjustments to times and which rides you'd like to do and when.

Also, remember that once you've used your three free FastPasses you can book more FPs. After the three are gone you can do one FP at a time.

Agree with PP - many things pop up day before and day of - refresh, refresh, refresh! It will still be difficult to get some like SDD(hard even at 60 days and rarely pops up), ToT right now since refurb with partial closure of elevators has capacity down, 7DMT doesn't pop up often, but many will - have even had good luck with FoP day of with lots of refreshing! Of course depends on number in your party and if at the park all day. If you are rope droppers that also helps to get a few of those harder ones done w/o FP(or end of night for SDD!). And as you mentioned going every year you won't need to do everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!