Getting excited and keen to share my plans

I saw you had changed, think you made the right decision. You can eat Christmas food anywhere and see the real countries.. ;) will be interested to see what you think of FOP.
Are you planning on doing much souvenir shopping ?
I know what you mean re time.. I have just lost my (5yo) dog and I really need time to stop so I can grieve. So devastating. But, as well as trip I have puppies due in 9 days..just wish I could stop time for a bit to mourn 1 life before I welcome others..

So sorry to hear about your dog. It’s never nice to lose a precious member of your family. :sad1::flower3:

Regarding FOP, I am really looking forward to riding it, but admittedly I do have some worry hanging over my head about us fitting on it, particularly DH.
DH is built like an rugby lock. He’s also overweight, but it’s not his weight that I think will be an issue, rather the fact that he is very tall, has a really big shoe size and large muscly calves. All these seem to be factors that have caused people not to fit in the past.
As for me, I’m also reasonably tall and heavier than I should be (including in my calves). I’m quietly optimistic I’ll be okay as I’ve read reports of heavier people than me getting on without too much issue, but everyone carries weight differently, so I never like to assume too much unless it leads to extra disappointment.

Admittedly, I would be really gutted if I couldn’t ride it, but I think DH would be okay. Simulator rides give him motion sickness, plus he really doesn’t know enough about the ride to know what he’s missing. Either way, if either of us can’t ride it, I’m hoping they give us some Navi FPs instead.

Regarding the souvenir shopping, I doubt we will do too much as we don’t have a huge amount of spending money or space in our suitcases. I always get a nice Xmas ornament at most places I visit as it fills me with all sorts of happy memories when I decorate the tree each year (our tree is like a scrapbook of memories). Plus I know I will be buying an interactive wand at Universal. But other than that, my souvenir shopping will be limited to perhaps the occasional hat or t-shirt - nothing too elaborate. What about you?

One month, 2 days until our trip and it’s all becoming a bit overwhelming. Work is so busy right now that rather than wish time would speed up, I find myself desperately wishing it would slow down so I have more time to get everything done. Plus I need more time to save some extra spending money.

On the plus side, I’m just about completely planned and booked.
I am at this point now - 2.5 weeks away. I feel like my brain has left the building. I decided the other day I really must get myself a little A5 notebook to start taking notes (typo had some super cute Disney ones!). I'm so smart, 9 months of planning and I decide to get a notebook three weeks out. :wave2: :rotfl:

The only thing I don't actually have booked is Kennedy Space Centre, it's not something I need to do (pre-book) but there is a slight discount online I think. Need to just make sure it would all work with the free coupon I have for one of my children (kids who are Grade 5 this year - ie, aged 10/11 - get free entry).

I know what you mean re time.. I have just lost my (5yo) dog and I really need time to stop so I can grieve. So devastating. But, as well as trip I have puppies due in 9 days..just wish I could stop time for a bit to mourn 1 life before I welcome others..

Sorry to hear this KEK1 :( I had my 11 yo pussycat put to sleep two weeks ago tomorrow. It was unexpected and the whole event/process makes me less than keen to adopt again, even though I've never not owned a cat. Maybe we'll look at the animal shelter when we get back.

I hop

I thought last Jan was the anomaly with the crowds and it was really busy for the 1st time? Maybe that was later in the month..thanks for the crossed fingers :D when are you going?
Sorry for the piecemeal replies lol... I am sitting in a Holden Service Centre waiting room as my car gets serviced, so reading through everything one post at a time. We are off on the 2nd of December. So soon.

:hyper: <- me, trembling in fear I'm going to forget something I wanted to remember...

So sorry to hear about your dog. It’s never nice to lose a precious member of your family. :sad1::flower3:

Regarding FOP, I am really looking forward to riding it, but admittedly I do have some worry hanging over my head about us fitting on it, particularly DH.
DH is built like an rugby lock. He’s also overweight, but it’s not his weight that I think will be an issue, rather the fact that he is very tall, has a really big shoe size and large muscly calves. All these seem to be factors that have caused people not to fit in the past.
As for me, I’m also reasonably tall and heavier than I should be (including in my calves). I’m quietly optimistic I’ll be okay as I’ve read reports of heavier people than me getting on without too much issue, but everyone carries weight differently, so I never like to assume too much unless it leads to extra disappointment.

Admittedly, I would be really gutted if I couldn’t ride it, but I think DH would be okay. Simulator rides give him motion sickness, plus he really doesn’t know enough about the ride to know what he’s missing. Either way, if either of us can’t ride it, I’m hoping they give us some Navi FPs instead.

Regarding the souvenir shopping, I doubt we will do too much as we don’t have a huge amount of spending money or space in our suitcases. I always get a nice Xmas ornament at most places I visit as it fills me with all sorts of happy memories when I decorate the tree each year (our tree is like a scrapbook of memories). Plus I know I will be buying an interactive wand at Universal. But other than that, my souvenir shopping will be limited to perhaps the occasional hat or t-shirt - nothing too elaborate. What about you?

I'm a calfy person too, lol. I probably wouldn't mind not riding as simulators also make me feel a bit ick. Although it hasn't been an issue at Soarin' so I am hoping for the best. I'll never forget Mission Space Orange making me feel super yuk for quite some time! Gonna give Green a go this time though ha ha.

Expedition Everest: shall I admit now that I've never ridden it? Usually DH and I split up with me taking our younger daughter and he the elder when it comes to rides one or other child is not sure she wants to do - so far, younger has said no way to EE so I've not been on it. I don't mind. We are trying to get her to try a few more things though so it's on the FP list this visit! I haven't pushed her too much though so Space Mountain is still off, lol.

Suspect my pocket is going to be lighter with the Universal wands too :wizard: - and worse luck, my kids are NOT into sharing at the moment. :headache:

Thanks, Wanderlust and Franrose. Its definitely hard to loose them, especially at a young age and unexpectedly.
Hopefully you all have no issues with FOP, it sounds amazing. Franrose, you need to try EE. Its great fun, and not scary so I hope you can get your daughter on.
You are both so close to your trips! Exciting. Franrose, what are the details of yours (-or have you shared that elsewhere?)
Souvenirs, am hoping to get something from each resort (AKL , OKW, GF and BW), plus would like something for my dresser, not sure what. And am hoping my husband will say I can have a Dooney pursefor xmas..got a bag for my bday.

I don’t know if this will ease your concerns about FOP but it might. We went in July this year and I was very concerned about us all being able to sit and for different reasons.
Our son is 6’5 and has huge feet I think it’s a 13.5 or 14 and he is solid he said it was uncomfortable but he made it. I’m wear a size 18 Aussie pants and size 16 Aussie top.
Our daughter has recently lost a lot of weight but still was still worried her weight is mainly around stomach and chest but small calves. Outside of the ride before you enter the que there is what I call a try before you commit vechile. We all fitted but I was still worried. We did read all the advice on some other WDW threads about wearing shoes that allow you to mouldy your self into the space and clothing that allows you to push yourself forward in the vechicle. We did all of this and were fine.
In regards to the ride I did love it but both myself and my daughter got motion sickness from it ( we are prone to it) but we fine after a cold drink and a sit.

Sorry to hear this KEK1 :( I had my 11 yo pussycat put to sleep two weeks ago tomorrow. It was unexpected and the whole event/process makes me less than keen to adopt again, even though I've never not owned a cat. Maybe we'll look at the animal shelter when we get back.

:sad1: Hugs :hug:

:hyper: <- me, trembling in fear I'm going to forget something I wanted to remember...

Tell me about it.
I was talking to my husband this morning about how we only have 4 weekends left before we leave and work commitments, events and visitors assigned to all 4 of them.
“When am I going to pack?” I said.
He laughed, shook his head at me, and said we would pack the night before as it takes less than an hour to throw some things into a suitcase.
I love him to death, but gosh we view some things very differently. :rotfl:

I'm a calfy person too, lol. I probably wouldn't mind not riding as simulators also make me feel a bit ick. Although it hasn't been an issue at Soarin' so I am hoping for the best. I'll never forget Mission Space Orange making me feel super yuk for quite some time! Gonna give Green a go this time though ha ha.

Expedition Everest: shall I admit now that I've never ridden it? Usually DH and I split up with me taking our younger daughter and he the elder when it comes to rides one or other child is not sure she wants to do - so far, younger has said no way to EE so I've not been on it. I don't mind. We are trying to get her to try a few more things though so it's on the FP list this visit! I haven't pushed her too much though so Space Mountain is still off, lol.

Suspect my pocket is going to be lighter with the Universal wands too :wizard: - and worse luck, my kids are NOT into sharing at the moment. :headache:

1. Mission Space Green is a lot of fun. You’re a brave woman trying Orange though - I wouldn’t dare.

2. Expedition Everest is so much fun! My son turned 6 during our last visit and all 3 of us loved it. The backwards part is more exhilarating than scary. I’m looking forward to hearing back how you like it.
By the way, I think Space is a bit more intense than EE due to the dark.

3. Yay for interactive wands!!! :laughing: $$$ :wizard:

Thanks, Wanderlust and Franrose. Its definitely hard to loose them, especially at a young age and unexpectedly.
Hopefully you all have no issues with FOP, it sounds amazing. Franrose, you need to try EE. Its great fun, and not scary so I hope you can get your daughter on.
You are both so close to your trips! Exciting. Franrose, what are the details of yours (-or have you shared that elsewhere?)
Souvenirs, am hoping to get something from each resort (AKL , OKW, GF and BW), plus would like something for my dresser, not sure what. And am hoping my husband will say I can have a Dooney pursefor xmas..got a bag for my bday.

Dooney Purses are so nice. Will be keen to hear which one you buy.

I have owned the same style of handbag for the last 5 years - the Vera Bradley Hipster Crossbody - as I love the style so much I can’t bring myself to buy anything else. In fact I have a really nice Alice in Wonderland handbag in the cupboard that I’ve owned for 2 years and never used, because I find the shape annoying and I can’t hang it across my body like the Hipster.

I’m on my 6th Vera Bradley design as I use each one everyday for about a year until it starts looking tatty and then I throw it out and buy another. The first two were Disney prints and I loved them. But it’s really hard to get the Disney ones anymore without actually going into the Disney Springs store, so now I buy the non-Disney end of lines online and they ship them really cheaply to NZ.
I was very tempted to go to Disney Springs this visit just for my Vera Bradley, but pretty sure I simply won’t have time.

I don’t know if this will ease your concerns about FOP but it might. We went in July this year and I was very concerned about us all being able to sit and for different reasons.
Our son is 6’5 and has huge feet I think it’s a 13.5 or 14 and he is solid he said it was uncomfortable but he made it. I’m wear a size 18 Aussie pants and size 16 Aussie top.
Our daughter has recently lost a lot of weight but still was still worried her weight is mainly around stomach and chest but small calves. Outside of the ride before you enter the que there is what I call a try before you commit vechile. We all fitted but I was still worried. We did read all the advice on some other WDW threads about wearing shoes that allow you to mouldy your self into the space and clothing that allows you to push yourself forward in the vechicle. We did all of this and were fine.
In regards to the ride I did love it but both myself and my daughter got motion sickness from it ( we are prone to it) but we fine after a cold drink and a sit.

The DIS is 2 minutes from going offline, but thanks for this. I will reply properly tomorrow :-)

Dooney Purses are so nice. Will be keen to hear which one you buy.

I have owned the same style of handbag for the last 5 years - the Vera Bradley Hipster Crossbody - as I love the style so much I can’t bring myself to buy anything else. In fact I have a really nice Alice in Wonderland handbag in the cupboard that I’ve owned for 2 years and never used, because I find the shape annoying and I can’t hang it across my body like the Hipster.

I’m on my 6th Vera Bradley design as I use each one everyday for about a year until it starts looking tatty and then I throw it out and buy another. The first two were Disney prints and I loved them. But it’s really hard to get the Disney ones anymore without actually going into the Disney Springs store, so now I buy the non-Disney end of lines online and they ship them really cheaply to NZ.
I was very tempted to go to Disney Springs this visit just for my Vera Bradley, but pretty sure I simply won’t have time.

I liked the look of the new Disney Vera Bradley a lot! But, sold out in 2 seconds and as you say they dont sell online..I dont want to pay a million $$$ to a reseller. I will keep my eye out for them, too, although havent heard they have restocked..

I liked the look of the new Disney Vera Bradley a lot! But, sold out in 2 seconds and as you say they dont sell online..I dont want to pay a million $$$ to a reseller. I will keep my eye out for them, too, although havent heard they have restocked..

That’s good to know as it means I won’t waste time heading to Disney Springs just to find out it’s sold out.
I used to only want the Disney ones, but over the last few years of having no choice but to buy non-Disney ones, I’m now happy with all her designs. Plus it helps when you find the end of lines for only about $30 a bag. :laughing:

Thanks, that’s helpful.
The description of your son does make me feel a bit more hopeful. DH is a tad shorter than your son, but has the same size shoes. Plus, as mentioned, his calves are big. He’s a stocky guy, but his calves are mostly all muscle meaning there’s not a lot of give should those leg brace things be too tight.

My hourglass shape means I carry most of my weight in my chest, backside and thighs. However, having watched a few You Tube videos of people in the test seats, I do think if I have any issues, like my husband it’ll be my calves (mine aren’t muscly though :rolleyes1)

Not long I guess until I find out.

Oh dear. I did something very impulsive and bought tickets to an EMM at Toy Story Land.
I missed the recent memo that they are now offering it on some select Friday’s and it’s only when I went into the WDW website to see if there had been any update to scheduled hours that I saw it there.
I pretty much booked it as soon as I saw it, which I’m feeling both excited and guilty about. Excited, because it means I no longer have to worry about trying to get a SDD Fastpass or needing to queue ages for rope drop, but guilty as there really are more pressing needs for my holiday money.

That last Disney day we now have EMM and the JBJB dessert party. Along with the regular day tickets and our lunch ADR at 50s Primetime, I balk to think what that day is costing us.

Oh well, you only live once right...

Sounds pretty awesome to me! It's something I'm still thinking about :rotfl:

It will free you up to check out other parts of the park once that time is up, I think that's a good thing. I've got the MK (Fantasyland) one booked for that reason.

Yay! Exciting, sure you will enjoy it :)
I have just completed our FPs.. MDE behaved and was able to get everything, incl 7DMT day 60, FOP 60+1, SDD 60+2. Have got 3 FPs for FOP and 2 for SDD so thinking about maybe dropping the TSL EMM.. was going to convert to HS DAH but not sure now.. I put the 2nd SDD at night as sposed to be much better.
Hmmm..

PS the minute you pay for it, it's paid for - so it's essentially free from that point! :rotfl2:

Ahahaha, love your thinking.

It will free you up to check out other parts of the park once that time is up, I think that's a good thing.

Yeah, it actually means we should be able to get every ride we want to get done before lunch time, some of them multiple times, and most with minimal waits.

I figure that we can do Toy Story Land during EMM, then when the rope drop crowd rush to SDD, we can head over to Tower of Terror and do that a few times with minimal wait (or perhaps RnR Coaster, which I haven’t decided if I want to ride yet.). We have morning fastpasses for ToT, Starwars, and then another for TSMM (which I might change, but not sure what to) and also squeezing in the Muppet 3D show, it’ll then be time for our 11:50 lunch ADR.

My plan after lunch is to clear out of the park and avoid it while it’s at its busiest. We will most likely head back to the resort for a swim, nap and to get some washing done, although it is slightly tempting to use this time to go check out the decorations at the EPCOT resorts or perhaps the Xmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs.

Then about 5:30 we will return as it gets dark to just wander around before the dessert party enjoying seeing Toy Story Land at night, all the parks Xmas decos, and the ToT projections.

As you can tell, I’ve spent a bit of time thinking this through.
I’m particularly excited that even though it’s the Friday before Xmas and the crowds will be pretty crazy, we’re in the fortunate position to be able to avoid most of them. Even though we are paying for that luxury. ::yes::

I’m particularly excited that even though it’s the Friday before Xmas and the crowds will be pretty crazy, we’re in the fortunate position to be able to avoid most of them. Even though we are paying for that luxury. ::yes::

You know what though - it will be worth it. The other way to have time to see/ride everything is to stay longer, and you most certainly pay for that too! This is best of all worlds. :D

Yay! Exciting, sure you will enjoy it :)
I have just completed our FPs.. MDE behaved and was able to get everything, incl 7DMT day 60, FOP 60+1, SDD 60+2. Have got 3 FPs for FOP and 2 for SDD so thinking about maybe dropping the TSL EMM.. was going to convert to HS DAH but not sure now.. I put the 2nd SDD at night as sposed to be much better.
Hmmm..

Yeah ha!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts