Getting DDP for DH, not for me and DD? Opinions?

wildernesslodgelover

<font color=darkorchid>LOTW charter member!<br><fo
I have been mulling over the DDP and whether or not we should get it. I have a few questions.

We will be one night at POP, 5 nights BWV, and 2 nights WL. Can I just get the DDP for the 5 nights at BWV? Do you have to get it for the length of yoru stay no matter what?

I have the DDE card. When we go to WDW, *try* not to eat so much. Like, I don't eat a CS meal, and a snack, and a huge dinner every day. My DH definitely does. So, I am thinking of maybe getting the DDP just for him, and using the DDE for DD7 and I. Will this be a problem at the restaurants? Would it be tacky if I share the appetizer and dessert he orders? I am wondering if anyone has done this. So...at dinner we will have a DDP check, and also another check with alcoholic beverages,and my meal and DD7's meal. What do you think?

With a split stay you can get the DDP at just one of the resorts but of course you must pay rack rates and you must buy at least one day base ticket per person and all must be on the dining plan.

So if you buy the DDP for just the BWV stay then you will have the DDP for those 5 days for all of you and it will start upon check in and end at Midnight upon check out day at BWV.

Yes, you can pay OOP for some in your party and use the plan for some. You can also use your DDE card for the OOP portion.

edited to add...sorry if the answer was 'hidden' in my post.

Ahhh, beattyfamily...you come to my rescue again! I forgot about the rack rate/buying ticket thing. I thought the rack rate/DDP thing was only for free DDP, but I guess not, huh? So, since I am renting points at BWV, that will be the only time I will be able to purchase the DDP for. I want to try to get FL Res Rates for the other portions of my stay, plus I will have a seasonal pass so I will not need tickets.

I think I am gonna go for it. DH always does a counter service breakfast, I eat something like oatmeal in the room. I am one of those gals that is always trying to lose 5 pounds, so I allow myself one huge meal a day (usually dinner) and the rest of the day I try to eat light.

The answer to your question is kind of hidden in part of beatty's reply...you CAN NOT do what you are planning. EVERY person in the party must purchase the DDP.

Oooo! You are right...thank you! As you can see by my previous post, I did NOT see that part of the reply! Ok, so my plan is a no go. :( Bummer!

Isn't there a minimum number of nights to get the DP for CRO reservations? I thought packages had to be for at least 3 nights.

That's not true for points stays at the DVC resorts, though.

Best wishes -

If your stay at BWV is in the middle of your stay, you can actually "extend" your DDP for the entire day you check in and the entire day you check out.

What I mean is that your DDP is based on the number of nights you are staying. We will be arriving at WDW at 9 am and not flying out till 9 pm. Thus, while we will have 7 nights, we have almost 8 full days. The DDP is good from the moment you check in until midnight on the day of check out....so if you move from POP to BWV early in the day, you can use the credits that day....and any remaining credits are good till midnight on the day you move from BWV to WL.

You could plan it so that all your expensive meals will occur while the DDP is good. You might even find that you have very little desire to eat for a few days after the DDP. If you have any remaining snack credits, be sure to get drinks or Rice Krispie bars, cookies, or whatever that will keep for other days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter