Getting campsite and cabin “near” each other

DCWarrior

Mouseketeer
We are looking to do our first long haul with our new camper in June 2019 from Maryland. We are booked with a campsite already and, now, are trying to get other family memebers to join us. So, we would want to book a cabin for us all to to fit between our camper and a cabin.

I know you can’t choose you campsite number beforehand and that they don’t even tell you what it is early. I understand and get it. But, what are chances of us booking and then requesting the campsite and cabin being “near” each other, in you opinions? I see the campsites and cabins aren’t in the same loops, but wondering what our best chance might look like?

Thanks. And glad to be back on DisBoards!!! Haven’t been in a long time since we haven’t been to WDW in a while.

DCWarrior, Welcome Back! :disrocks:

The way we have recommended this in the past which I assume is still the way to go is to "link" the two reservations.

The way this works is to make each reservation (cabin and campsite) then exchange reservation numbers and then call back on the Reservation line and each of you ask the CM to "link" or put a request on YOUR reservation to be near the OTHER and give them the other party's reservation number. This is not an uncommon request (cabin near cabin, site near site, or mixed).

You didn't say what level of campsite you already have a reservation for. Cabin loop 2200 is closest to the camping loops; 1100 is the nearest Premium camping loop and 2100 is the nearest Full camping loop (there is no near Preferred loop). We have a map if you need to see these loops in the FW Resort Info thread pinned at the top of the Camping Board.

As a practical suggestion, I would offer that the best way to ensure you get this is to arrive early in the morning at the Fort (one of you) and talk to a CM at the check-in desk or your car lane and repeat the request and have both reservation numbers with you still. If you get there early enough before other guests who are arriving same day, the CM can swap cabin/site pre-assigned numbers (as long as the guest hasn't received it yet via early on-line check-in) to put you in position if you weren't before. If you have both reservation numbers with you and the numbers are in your reservation, they will probably work with both even though only one of you is there.

Bama Ed

PS - technically the Cabins are a "different" resort in Disney's system from the Campsites but a verbal note on each reservation with the numbers will still convey your request. Even if one of you get there early to work out the positions, you may have to wait until the site/cabin is ready but at least you will have gotten the positions you wanted.

PPS - the earlier in the morning one of you can arrive, the better the chances are of it working (which I think are pretty good) Shoot for 9am or sooner IMO or whatever you can manage..

Last edited:
You could also consider renting a camper for the rest of the family that way you could be in the same loop and most likely side by side or across the street from each other. Especially if you link both reservations together as Ed suggested. We do it for family members who don't own a camper, this way we are not so far apart. Plus renting you can get the site and a camper for less than a cabin. If you want a suggestion for a great company that we have used many times I would be happy to send you there way just let me know.

You could also consider renting a camper for the rest of the family that way you could be in the same loop and most likely side by side or across the street from each other. Especially if you link both reservations together as Ed suggested. We do it for family members who don't own a camper, this way we are not so far apart. Plus renting you can get the site and a camper for less than a cabin. If you want a suggestion for a great company that we have used many times I would be happy to send you there way just let me know.

Thank you both for you response and tips. It is exciting. I will use the tips and work it out the best I can. But yes, corgidad, please let me know who you rent campers from. I hadn’t thought of that for this situation!!! I had considered renting one before when we didn’t have one we felt safe hauling that far. But that could be a good alternative for our current situation.

Thanks Bama Ed, I remember seeing your name a lot before when I was active here. My wife’s side of the family is huge Bama fans so I, of course, must join in. Roll Tide!

Hi DCWarrior, we use Wilderness Camper Rentals and have for almost 2 years. They have beautiful, clean and newer campers. They deliver, set up break down and remove them. My in laws use them whenever they come to the fort to stay while we are there. Check them out at wildernesscamperrentals.com.

When we went with our daughter in April, she had a cabin and on our check-in they had seen we had the linked reservation and worked with us on which loop would be closest to us. In our case it was loops 2100 full hookup and 2200 cabin loop.

I know the 100 loop did have a few cabins still in there. It's one of the Preferred loops. Last March we stayed in that loop and had 2 cabins across from us.

I know the 100 loop did have a few cabins still in there. It's one of the Preferred loops. Last March we stayed in that loop and had 2 cabins across from us.

Those are VIP cabins and not commonly available to regular guests (although it has happened once or twice). They generally aren't available for request or else they'd stay full all the time.

Of course anything is possible, but it's highly unlikely these would be used in a linking. Just want to set expectations.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter