Getting an Annual Passholder room only discount

Takket

Test Tracker
How does this work if you don't currently have an annual pass?

When you place the deposit on your room, do you have to buy the AP right then?

If you reserve a room at full price, and the AP discount comes out later, can you call them up and have the discount applied?

They will give you the discount, and you just have to have the AP by the time you check in.

yeah just call and see if the pass holder discount is available. i just called and asked because i am planning to get APs before our trip. she said we just have to have them when we check in.

this of course assuming they have rooms available during your dates that are eligible. in my case they didnt but we have a standard view at AKL and with AP discount I can get a pool view at AKL for 112 bucks more. debating what to do...

yeah just call and see if the pass holder discount is available. i just called and asked because i am planning to get APs before our trip. she said we just have to have them when we check in.

this of course assuming they have rooms available during your dates that are eligible. in my case they didnt but we have a standard view at AKL and with AP discount I can get a pool view at AKL for 112 bucks more. debating what to do...

If you can afford it $112 is a good deal for a view bump consider a standard could have you looking at a roof or parking lot.

Same here! Planning to get APs and have AKL standard room booked. Called to check on potential AP discounts. CM was very nice, but for our dates, only Arusha discount for $600 more.

I am afraid that for most of our dates our AP won't do us much good if they only discount the most expensive rooms. We want our AP to save us money - not cost us more! Oh well. The standard view AKLs are a pretty good value with summer discount.

Great info here..........we're saving for AP's right now. Planning on making purchase just before our Dec 2016 trip! Will be 3rd Disney event of 2016........and its not even the Year of Disney.......that's in 2017 when we have the AP's :)

One question is there a place (like maybe Mousesavers) where all the AP discounts are located?

Doug :goofy:

If you do not have a current AP, you can't see the actual room rates. If you do, then you can log in thru MDE and the current passholder offer will show up. Otherwise, you have to call or get a helpful person on the Dis to look for you. :)

From my experience the AP discount is not on just the most expensive rooms, at least at the value and moderate levels (we generally don't stay at deluxe, but i did see a standard AKL for $191 in early august). They also change all the time. I have been looking everyday (a few times a day sometimes) with the same exact dates and I have seen the rates change a lot with the AP discount. For example say CBR for $137.10 a night for a standard room and then a few hours later same room type was $157.10 a night. I think it depends on the time of year as the AP discount is better at some times then it is for others. I just tried where I didn't log into my account and got a rate for CBR at $147.00 with a summer special and then I logged in and the AP rate was $137.20 for the same room (same dates of course!), so about a $10 savings, not a lot but it adds up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter